Elizabeth Sladen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    londondyke
    Participant

I just heard today about  Dr Who’s sidekick Elizabeth Sladen dying. I was quite shocked , as I was only watching her a couple of weeks ago for the first time in Genesis of the Daleks in the prime of  her life and all that.

Three weeks ago I had never heard of her, but  I am still quite sad about it. Had anybody here  by chance ever met her ? Was she into scifi at all?

RIP Elizabeth

I

TikTok
    Participant

Sadly missed, Elizabeth was an excellent companion for the Dr and I particularly enjoyed stories like Genesis of the Daleks where she played opposite the Dr and Harry Sullivan.

Starman41
    Participant

I grew up watching lizzy and tom and their weekly adventures through Time!   I lov ed her!  However, her best work is clearly "The Sarah Jane Adventures"  Great stories and great characters.  Definatly a kids show but i loved it all teh same.  We  Miss her!

SadGeezer
    Keymaster

LL, I met her once.  It was in Blackpool, UK in the 1970’s I think, I was a kiddy and went to the opening of a Doctor Who exhibition.  I gave her some flowers (I was part of a small school delegation) and whe was very sweet.

I still think she was one of the best Dr. Who assitants (from the heyday of Dr Who) besides Katy Manning of course.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.