Name that sheriff!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

This was emailed to me from Ali

Can you tell me what the name of the Sheriff in “The Train Job” is? Looking through the list of characters the sheriff is not listed though the Deputy is. There is a name at the top – ‘Bourne’ played by Gregg Henry – but it does not say what part this is and running through the transcript there is no dialogue with Bourne on it. I suspect Bourne might be the Sheriff’s name but don’t know how to confirm this or otherwise. Help!

Ali D :~)
    You can’t take the sky from me

Any ideas?

theFrey
    Participant

I don’t know about that sherriff, but I as long as we are discussing the names of them, I have always thought that Rosco P. Coletrain was the perfect name for a sheriff.

nursewhen
    Participant

Well according to this link, Bourne was the sheriff, though I don’t remember him ever being named in the episode.

http://www.fireflyfans.net/reference.asp?r=711

Anonymous
    theFrey wrote:

I don’t know about that sherriff, but I as long as we are discussing the names of them, I have always thought that Rosco P. Coletrain was the perfect name for a sheriff.

Did we ever find out what the “P” stood for? 😛

And yes, I agree.

nursewhen
    Participant

Hang on a mo, what’s this doing in the Andromeda forum?
    Shouldn’t it be in Firefly?

Sidhecafe
    Participant

that’s why I have no idea what is going on here…..

only saw one episode of Firefly before it was cancelled. 😥

MuscleyBeau

The "P" in Rosco’s name stands for Pervis. Also Rosco’s first name was originally Roscoe in the Pilot episode.  The "E" was dropped because it was a misspelling on the Banner at the orphanage. Some balloons cover the "E" up.

MuscleyBeau

Another Sheriff’s name that was kinda cool was Orly County’s  own "Sheriff Elroy P. Lobo" Played by Claude Akins.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.