Sucker Punch

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    londondyke
    Participant

OK, I saw Sucker Punch.

Weird film. There were some things I liked about it, and felt a bit guilty for liking them. Because overall the film was disturbing for me. For a start the way the film sexualised and exploited the vulnerable females. Yeah, you could argue that that was just the plot , but the film itself seemed to take that for granted. Like we should be celebrating because the girls were holding guns and kicking arse, but to me it was STILL not right somehow. And this was a 12A !! I think it should have been a 15 certificate.

Apart from Scott Glen, all the male characters were completey sleazy and horrible.

That said the steam and clockwork zombie Germans in the WW1scene  were so cool , that whole bit was very 40K.

I disliked the main female character (Baby Doll) she was too dippy and girly , Sweet Pea and Rocket  I liked.

I would like to see someone elses opinion of this film. None of my female friends wanted to come see this with me.

londondyke
    Participant

Well I guess nobody wants to talk about Sucker Punch….but I have been reading reviews and they all seem  to say pretty much what I did but in better words…lol. 

Hollydays
    Participant

It was a weird one, thats for sure.

The german clockwork seemed, to me, to be a nod to the Leviathan books that are out. I would love to see those try and come to film. 🙂

I liked all the characters. I think baby doll was shown as softer, as she had just came into her predicament whereas the other girls had time to adapt and become harder?

The fighting sceens were supposed to be what was going on in her mind when she was being raped in real life. The visuals were interesting; the director also did Watchmen, 300, Dawn of the Dead, so he seems to go for violence, death of innocence, and great visuals. All the characters are seen by us as through her mind, so if she is used to thinking of mens as creepy?

not one i would watch again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.