A trip into space – PR company needs help!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff A trip into space – PR company needs help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I recieved this a couple of days ago. I telephoned Snow (just to see if its real) and it certainly seems very genuine.

HOWEVER: Unfortunately, the request is open to UK sci fi sadgeezers (or more likely Manic Academic Sci Fi Fanatics) only.

quote:

SadGeezer!

First things first, I love the site!

I hope you don’t mind me e-mailing you directly about this, but I just wanted to pick your brain on something. One of my clients (I work for a large PR constancy) is running a promotion in which they offer the lucky winner a trip into space. To help us PR the promotion, we are looking for a UK based space of sci-fi obsessive who might be willing to work with us on a feature for a national newspaper.

They must be so space or sci-fi obsessed, that they’ve done something out of the ordinary to show it. An example would be someone who has decorated their bedroom to look like the inside of the Enterprise – well something like that in any case. They will be paid for their time and help – sum to be negotiated. If you know of somebody or if you yourself are keen on getting involved with the promotion in any way, please could you e-mail me or give me a call on 020 7208 7293. It’ll be fun, I promise.

Many thanks
    Snow

Jonita Otto-Halsey
    Account Executive
    Jackie Cooper PR
    91 New Cavendish Street
    London
    W1W 6XE
    Tel: 020 7208 7293
    Fax: 020 7208 7193

Visit our website at http://www.jcpr.com

The request is for someone to help them with PR and possibl ybe interviewed in the press and media. I’m not sure what relevance it has to the trip to space, but Snow will be able to advise (she’s very nice and quite approachable).

Unfortunately, Me and Newkate aren’t nutty enough. Snow was pretty clear – the crazier you are for sci fi, the more chance you’ll have of working with them.

——————

Anonymous

Hypothetically, if somebody was nutty enough to redecorate their bedroom or even house as the Enterprise, do we really want them inside a spacecraft?

——————
    Yoda of Borg are we: Futile, resistance is. Assimilate you, we will. Hmmm?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by CBrate:
    Hypothetically, if somebody was nutty enough to redecorate their bedroom or even house as the Enterprise, do we really want them inside a spacecraft?

my dad named our dogs after star trek characters, does that count? (okay, so it runs in the family… )

Anonymous

Does it count if we do something nutty just to get into space?

——————
    spooooon

dead thing pie!

Much Madness is divinest Sense-
    To a discerning Eye-
    Much Sense-the starkest Madness-
    ‘Tis the Majority
    In this, as All, prevail-
    Assent-and you are sane-
    Demur-you’re straightaway dangerous-
    And handled with a Chain-
    – Emily Dickinson

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.