Acorn Media – LEXX DVD info

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Acorn Media – LEXX DVD info

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Here is the Acorn Media press release:

A sci-fi phenomenon is unleashed on home video!

Acorn Media enters new intergalactic territory with the home video release of the wildest science fiction program in the universe,LEXX
    “LEXX is a siren of distinction for its black comedy, skewed take on the human condition and open sexuality.” — TV Guide
    “The most imaginative sci-fi since Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.”

Acorn Media proudly announces the home video release of the boldest and most original science fiction series on television, LEXX. One of the highest-rated programs on the SCI FI Channel, LEXX combines outrageous humor and unconventional storytelling with sensual styling that sets it apart from the more sanitized fare typical of the genre. Brought to life by “stunning digital effects” (TV Guide), this irreverent series is broadcast in 100 countries and has attracted a huge global fan base as well as national media attention — particularly for the show’s alluring female star, Xenia Seeberg. LEXX lets loose on home video audiences this summer with the May 29th day & date releases of S2-V1 (Series 2 Video Set 1) featuring the first four episodes from the second season and S2-V2 (Series 2 Video Set 2) featuring the next four episodes. Available as a VHS twin pack or DVD single, each title retails for $29.95 and has a running time of approximately 192 minutes.

Both the VHS and DVD formats of LEXX S2-V1 and S2-V2 include scenes never before seen by an American audience and exclusive interviews with the cast and crew. DVD-only features include behind-the-scenes “making of” featurettes, “Rated LEXX” segments, cast and character bios, LEXX trivia and English & French language tracks. Episodes in S2-V1 include “Mantrid,”

“Terminal,” “Lyekka” and “Luvliner.” Episodes in S2-V2 include “Lafftrak,” “Stan’s Trial,” “Love Grows” and “White Trash.”

Unmatched in it’s originality, this SCI FI Channel hit follows the adventures of a crew of misfits exploring the heavens in a stolen spacecraft, the LEXX. The most powerful weapon of destruction ever created, the LEXX is a living creature — a genetically engineered and mechanically enhanced insect roughly the size of Manhattan. The crew of the ship includes Stanley Tweedle (Brian Downey), a cringing and cowardly ex-security guard whose primary interests include saving his own skin and looking for some female companionship; Xev Bellringer (Xenia Seeberg), a half-human/half-lizard love slave who must balance her rapacious lust for adventure (and for certain other things) with her desperate need not to stoop to Stanley’s level; Kai (Michael McManus), a handsome yet undead assassin; and 790 (Jeffrey Hirschfield), the head of a robotic drone who is programmed to love only Xev. Looking for a suitable home, yet finding only the most violent scum of the universe, the crew lands in outrageously funny and extremely perilous situations, episode after episode.

With the success of this daring series on American television, LEXX-mania has swept across the country spawning an active U.S. fan club and a variety of LEXX merchandise including soundtracks, trading cards, calendars, posters and more.

Based in suburban Washington, D.C., Acorn Media Publishing, Inc. is a home video distributor of high-quality science fiction, British drama, mystery, comedy and special interest programming. The latest information on recent and upcoming releases and our online newsletter are available by accessing http://www.acornmedia.com or calling (800) 474-2277.

LEXX is produced by Salter Street Films. Based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Salter Street Films is an integrated entertainment Company that develops, produces and distributes original film and television programming as well as Internet products and services. http://www.salter.com.

LEXX S2-V1 VHS Twin Pack

Catalog #: AMP-4460
    ISBN: 1-56938-446-0
    UPC: 0-54961-4460-3-2
    SRP: $29.95
    Running Time: 192 minutes
    MPAA: N/A

LEXX S2-V2 VHS Twin Pack

Catalog #: AMP-4487
    ISBN: 1-56938-448-7
    UPC: 0-54961-4487-3-9

LEXX S2-V1 DVD Single

Catalog #: AMP-4479
    ISBN: 1-56938-447-9
    UPC: 0-54961-4479-9-2

LEXX S2-V2 DVD Single

Catalog #: AMP-4495
    ISBN: 1-56938-449-5
    UPC: 0-54961-4495-9-0

CONTACTS: Brian Clucas
    Marketing & Promotions Coordinator
    [email protected]
    (800) 999-0212

Sylvia George
    Director of Marketing
    [email protected]
    (800) 999-0212
    ——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited April 06, 2001).]

Anonymous

OH, YES! DVDS!!!

Thanks Sad!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:

OH, YES! DVDS!!!

Thanks Sad!

you have a dvd player blackie?! i hate you all! (fx retreats to sewer to suck thumb and plot dvd player purchase!)

Anonymous

I just got a very strange email form Salter Street asking me to put up information about LEXX DVD’s on my website?

Is this another DVD deal or the same one?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    I just got a very strange email form Salter Street asking me to put up information about LEXX DVD’s on my website?

Is this another DVD deal or the same one?

You got me, Sad. I’m assuming it’s the same one, since the release date is upcoming. They may be asking that you put info on the Candian releases (which will be coming out simultaneously) up on the site, or it may have something to do with a UK release. That I don’t know. What does the letter say? (If you’d rather not post your correspondence, you can sent it to me via email, and I’ll try to figure it out if Salter’s being vague.)

–Aleck

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just bought the first two UK DVDs (now all I need is a DVD player:P) – £20 for a double box set.

Aleck, is the content to same as yours are have Contender produced their own version?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    I just bought the first two UK DVDs (now all I need is a DVD player:P) – £20 for a double box set.

Aleck, is the content to same as yours are have Contender produced their own version?

I haven’t seen the Contender stuff, but their content should be different from ours. All of our stuff is being designed by Salter and us, and Contender either went their own route or did their own collaboration with Salter.

Now that I think about it, the Contender set is just the first couple films from Season 1, right? (checks Contender’s site) Yeah, it’s IWHS and Supernova. Those two, we don’t have the rights to. We’re only doing Season 2 (thus far). So *all* of the content is completely different. Features and everything.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Cat! Finally someone else who bought the UK DVDs!! But as you don’t have a DVD player so I can’t get your opinion on them. Damn!

——————
    “My world is unaffected, there is an exit here. I say it is and it’s true. There is a dream inside a dream, I’m wide awake the more I sleep. You’ll understand when I’m dead. I went to God just to see and I was looking at me. Saw Heaven and Hell were lies, when I’m God every one dies…”

Anonymous

Forgive my confusion…..but Acorn is only offering season 2, not season 1??? So where do you guys go to get the season 1 stuff??? I have bought all 4 movies already from the video place in Canada,( My memory is going!!!! I can’t remember the name of the place!!) So I’m only interested in the series, starting with season 1. I was going to purchase from Columbia House, but will go the best route. Acorns vids sound interesting because of all the extra stuff that will be on them.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by sapphire753:
    Forgive my confusion…..but Acorn is only offering season 2, not season 1??? So where do you guys go to get the season 1 stuff??? I have bought all 4 movies already from the video place in Canada,( My memory is going!!!! I can’t remember the name of the place!!) So I’m only interested in the series, starting with season 1.

The first 4 films are generally considered Season 1. The 1-hour episode format began with what is generally called Season 2 (hence all the episodes are called things like “2.1 Mantrid,” etc.) The first Acorn DVD/VHS set (LEXX: S2-V1) will contain the first 4 episodes of the first season of hour-long episodes, which is called Season 2. Confused? Don’t be. Just remember that Xev’s got red hair, they’re fighting off Mantrid, and they haven’t reached Fire and Water yet. They do that in Season 3.

–Aleck

Anonymous
    Inactive

I watched IWHS on my friends PS2, naturally I’ve seen it all before but needed to try it out in case it needed to be returned. The menu system was really cool, I loved the transitions and sound effects (although I’ve not watched other DVDs to compare it with). The Contender logo animation was *very* pretty, shame the Kult TV one was as jerky and fuzzy as ever.
    They have the same extra stuff that was on the UK vids, plus SF Europe’s Sci-Focus on Lexx (which I’d been wanting to see the whole of – it was that which prompted me to watch it in the first place). There are also some stills and stuff for a PC like a screensaver (which naturally can’t be seen on a PS2, although I may be getting a PC DVD drive soon).

Anonymous

Just a quick note…
    The DVDs and VHS releases came out (US release, that is) yesterday, and I’m anxious to hear feedback on ’em. What do you like, what do you hate, what can we do better, what more do you want, etc. If you don’t have them yet, what are you waiting for??? Go get ’em, now!!!
    And, on another topic (but not really), the two interviews with Jeffrey Hirschfield and Paul Donovan will be up on the Acorn site (www.acornonline.com) sometime tomorrow, barring catastrophe (and if you don’t have the videos yet, you can order ’em while you read! What convenience! What a blatantly commercial thing to say!).

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    Just a quick note…
    the two interviews with Jeffrey Hirschfield and Paul Donovan will be up on the Acorn site (www.acornonline.com) sometime tomorrow, barring catastrophe
    –Aleck

long time no see aleck! guess things are frantic at work, eh? will check site tomorrow and thanx for the update are you sure you cant come to the uncon and set up a little booth selling dvd/videos?

trillian
    Participant

Aleck:

I just got done reading the interviews.
    LMAO! What a couple of brilliant goofs! *sigh* Oh, to be that witty. My sense of humor seemed to be on a vacation, but I think it’s back now.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

FX: Yeah, it’s been hectic as all get-out over here. 1/2 of the DVD development team is out (there are only 2 of us) for a week and a half, and I foolishly volunteered to cover the info email duty here in the meanwhile, so I’ve been doing 3 people’s work lately. Jiminy Crickets, it’s been crazy. As for UnCon, I desparately *wanna* go, but I don’t know how seriously my idea was taken. Plus, I don’t think I can sell the videos there, since it’s in Canada and all, and I’ve raised enough hackles about cross-border sales as it is.
    Trillian: Glad you like the interviews! I was worried about how they were going to end up, since they were done via email, and those tend to be kind of dry and devoid of personality, but they turned out great. I’m working on getting stuff together for Michael/Brian/Xenia interviews right now, so look for those to be up sometime in the near future.
    And I was wondering if anyone (in the US) is having trouble finding the videos. I went in a Suncoast Video store last night, and they’re supposed to be doing this huge promotion with LEXX, and they didn’t have *anything* in. No giveaway notices, no videos, no nothin’. I told the sales/marketing folks here about it, and they didn’t know anything about this, and I was curious if it was something just going on with the local store getting stuff late. If anyone has run into any problems finding these, let me know.

–Aleck

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

And I was wondering if anyone (in the US) is having trouble finding the videos. –Aleck

Yes as a matter of fact I am. Amazingly enough when I was up on YOUR company’s site last night, the Lexx DVD’s were listed as ‘Out OF Stock’ what gives? Amazon.Com had them though.

——————
    thefrey
    “Oh, come on. If you can’t laugh at the walking dead, who can you laugh at?” – Dan Fielding

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:
    Yes as a matter of fact I am. Amazingly enough when I was up on YOUR company’s site last night, the Lexx DVD’s were listed as ‘Out OF Stock’ what gives? Amazon.Com had them though.

Well, poop-a-doodle-doo. I guess our warehouse sold out??? I’m gonna get to the bottom of this.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Well, poop-a-doodle-doo. I guess our warehouse sold out??? I’m gonna get to the bottom of this.

–Aleck

Actually, it ends up that they just got a shipment of stuff this morning, and have entered it into their system, but it won’t update until midnight tonight (CST). Even the phone orders will say that it’s on back-order, but it will ship immediately. Just a matter of waiting for the computer system to update.

–Aleck

Anonymous

great site and great interviews aleck! especially jh! all right, keep working the uncon angle and if all else fails, stamp your teeny weeny feet and hold your breath until you turn blue…i’d hate to have to offer you a ride in dc and then abduct you!good work and have a drink on me this weekend

Anonymous

Acorn and Amazon, same DVD content?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    Acorn and Amazon, same DVD content?

Yep.

Anonymous

quote:

Yep.

Thanks, luv. All these names gettin’ tossed have tossed my brains a bit. I just want to make sure I get the one you guys put together and distributed. And, FX is right. I’ve been watching that site for months and it’s gone from (yawn!) to WOW! overnight. Excellent job.

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited June 07, 2001).]

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.