Any similarities?

• This topic has 14 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Star Trek – Season 3 – #168 “Tin Man”

Tam Elbrun, a Betazoid, is being transported by the crew of the Enterprise to meet with an alien intelligence, by the name of Gomtuu, who just so happens to resemble an organic spaceship. This organic spaceship has an energy wave that easily wipes out two Romulan Warbirds.

Question?? who was first Lexx, Gomtuu, or Moya? And then there are the last four letters of Tam’s last name. Hmmmmmmm…..

I know – I think too much

Anonymous

Gotuu was first. Lexx and Farscape have only had 3 full seasons.

Anonymous

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:

Okay, so who wins second place? Was Lexx in production before Farscape? Since it’s clear that an organic spaceship was not an original idea, which of the last two series mentioned, borrowed that idea? Just curious……..

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:

Okay, so who wins second place? Was Lexx in production before Farscape? Since it’s clear that an organic spaceship was not an original idea, which of the last two series mentioned, borrowed that idea? Just curious……..

Anonymous

Well, LEXX was made and first realeased 1995/6 so I think it probably came before Farscape.

——————
    “pRiCk yOuR FiNgEr, iT iS DoNe. tHe MoOn hAs NoW eClIpSeD tHe sUn. ThE aNgEl hAs SpReAd iT’s wInGs, tHe TimE haS cOmE fOr BeTTEr tHiNgs…”

Anonymous

Well, LEXX was made and first realeased 1995/6 so I think it probably came before Farscape.

——————
    “pRiCk yOuR FiNgEr, iT iS DoNe. tHe MoOn hAs NoW eClIpSeD tHe sUn. ThE aNgEl hAs SpReAd iT’s wInGs, tHe TimE haS cOmE fOr BeTTEr tHiNgs…”

DalekTek790
    Participant

Before Gomtuu, Moya, or the Lexx there was the biomechanoid derelict in Alien, a living spaceship grafted to its pilot which was killed by its cargo.

And before that there was the Axos, a living spacwship that can detatch parts of itself for “crew,” which appeared in the 1972 Doctor Who episode The Claws of Axos. The T.A.R.D.I.S. itself was eventually revealed to have organic components, too.

And there was probably something before that. Most of the sci-fi concepts in use today have a long history.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Before Gomtuu, Moya, or the Lexx there was the biomechanoid derelict in Alien, a living spaceship grafted to its pilot which was killed by its cargo.

And before that there was the Axos, a living spacwship that can detatch parts of itself for “crew,” which appeared in the 1972 Doctor Who episode The Claws of Axos. The T.A.R.D.I.S. itself was eventually revealed to have organic components, too.

And there was probably something before that. Most of the sci-fi concepts in use today have a long history.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

trillian
    Participant

I’ve noticed this crossing over too, but I have to say that Farscape is shameless about it. In the last episode I watched, they used the open mouth design of the cluster lizards for a transdeminsional serpent. And a new character they introduced had a scream that was very Xev-like cluster lizard-y. This character also has hair that turns bright red, looking like Xev’s season 2 hair.

At least wait ten years people! Maybe then the similarities won’t be so noticeable! Sorry, it just really bugged me. I know that ideas are built on other things, but Farscape is getting ridiculous!

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

trillian
    Participant

I’ve noticed this crossing over too, but I have to say that Farscape is shameless about it. In the last episode I watched, they used the open mouth design of the cluster lizards for a transdeminsional serpent. And a new character they introduced had a scream that was very Xev-like cluster lizard-y. This character also has hair that turns bright red, looking like Xev’s season 2 hair.

At least wait ten years people! Maybe then the similarities won’t be so noticeable! Sorry, it just really bugged me. I know that ideas are built on other things, but Farscape is getting ridiculous!

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

Farscape is truly awful…

——————

Anonymous

Farscape is truly awful…

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Mercury:
    Farscape is truly awful…

i disagree, most respectfully mercury, it’s more traditional space opera a la star trek but it is more fun especially crichton’s pop culture references, it has its place but it is definitely not as….different…as lexx but there is room for both! did you read valdron’s most excellent lexx meets farscape stories? i think you can still find them and chuckle on chencha’s site, give it a try you’ll like it and laugh at both series

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Mercury:
    Farscape is truly awful…

i disagree, most respectfully mercury, it’s more traditional space opera a la star trek but it is more fun especially crichton’s pop culture references, it has its place but it is definitely not as….different…as lexx but there is room for both! did you read valdron’s most excellent lexx meets farscape stories? i think you can still find them and chuckle on chencha’s site, give it a try you’ll like it and laugh at both series

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.