Anyone want my MM autograph (I hate autographs)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions Anyone want my MM autograph (I hate autographs)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    mandara k
    Participant

Hello all!!!
    I am new to talking with Lexxians so please excuse my awkwardness.

I have two things to post;

1.) I have an autograph from Little Big Man Mr. McManus ( I call him that after I read the Moderator’s report from Halifax for he seems to be little of inner beauty but yet a tall man and full of….. him…. I mean external beauty. Thus, he holds no interest for me anymore. I will cut my name off it and send it to whomever wants it; just let me know via this board.

2.) Is there really going to be an Unconvention in Halifax in July? I thought I would never go to one, but if it seems like it will be kewl peeps there that can check their preening at the door I may have to see what its all about.

You poor moderators; tsk, tsk, if I would have been invited to the last wrap party of LEXX I would have told the head peacock there to move his “small but sincere” Londonderry Air the heck out of my way so I could see Baraka which is an excellent movie imho.
    You now what really makes me a little perturbed is the interview when Mr. Simon sez about his dead-ness having a ‘feeling of rights” to the G-man song. Sheesh, Laurence Olivier might have done Hamlet a million times but you didn’t see him going around claiming rights to it. Let’s get it straight, you are a player, an actor. you did not write it, your job is to perform
    it to the best of your ability period. And in fact it is slightly hypocritical of him to like aspects of his infamous character and then shaft those that admire him for that character. If he did not want to do the current season he should have walked away. No matter what would have been said, he could have been substituted for; you know kind of like that show ER when Clooney left. They just brought in another actor.
    Yep, yep, yep, as the song goes, “good looking guys come a dime a dozen.” Actually,
    I thought in this current series that the dead one was really ready to push up the daisies. He looked fried.

Yet I would like to see the “the fun ones” you know, the talented peeps from
    LEXX and the fans that adore them. I want to actually see everyone put away a few refreshments, dance macabre and then ask (if Mr Gaines is there)the priest if he can give us all a Latin absolution and benediction.

Come on you swingin’guys and gals; it could possibly be the last one so are you ready to make it the best in everyone’s memory?
    I’m willing to have a go at it!!!
    mandara k

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mandara k:
    Hello all!!!
    I am new to talking with Lexxians so please excuse my awkwardness.

I have two things to post;

1.) I have an autograph from Little Big Man Mr. McManus ( I call him that after I read the Moderator’s report from Halifax for he seems to be little of inner beauty but yet a tall man and full of….. him…. I mean external beauty. Thus, he holds no interest for me anymore. I will cut my name off it and send it to whomever wants it; just let me know via this board.

Ummmm, no thanks, I have one already. Also, I’m not sure what he signed for you, but cutting it up might make it worthless to a collector.

quote:

LEXX and the fans that adore them. I want to actually see everyone put away a few refreshments, dance macabre and then ask (if Mr Gaines is there)the priest if he can give us all a Latin absolution and benediction.

If you’re referring to Mr Rolf Kanies, he’s not THAT kind of Priest.

mandara k
    Participant

Hi MM,

You are probably right; I’ll just send it back to Salter Street (it was on their stationary).

And the Priest reference; a joke ha ha.

I guess you people take this show very seriously; I never really could.

mandara k

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

2.) Is there really going to be an Unconvention in Halifax in July? I thought I would never go to one, but if it seems like it will be kewl peeps there that can check their preening at the door I may have to see what its all about.

Come on you swingin’guys and gals; it could possibly be the last one so are you ready to make it the best in everyone’s memory?
    I’m willing to have a go at it!!!
    mandara k

Yes it is being planned for July, but that could change. Unlike past years where everyone was already in Halifax, this year people have scattered. So I have to find the best date for everyone. As for this being the last one, I have no idea; but I do intend to make this the best one.

Anonymous

quote:

Hi MM,

You are probably right; I’ll just send it back to Salter Street (it was on their stationary).

And the Priest reference; a joke ha ha.

I guess you people take this show very seriously; I never really could.

mandara k

Mandara, what makes you think I took you seriously (other than the cutting up the autograph)?? You obviously missed my litte wink at the end.

On a serious note, you could see that autograph on *cough*e-bay*cough*

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Hello all!!!
    I am new to talking with Lexxians so please excuse my awkwardness. I have two things to post; 1.) I have an autograph from Little Big Man Mr. McManus ( I call him that after I read the Moderator’s report from Halifax for he seems to be little of inner beauty but yet a tall man and full of….. him…. I mean external beauty. Thus, he holds no interest for me anymore. I will cut my name off it and send it to whomever wants it; just let me know via this board.
    …mandara k

Oh sweetie, just hang on to it. You should wait until you meet him and decide for yourself what he is like. After all he could have just been having his time of the month while we were there. : )

Anonymous

Ill have it!

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:

Oh sweetie, just hang on to it. You should wait until you meet him and decide for yourself what he is like. After all he could have just been having his time of the month while we were there. : )

welcome mandara! and as frey says, wait until you meet the guy and decide for yourself…and if nothing else, enjoy the fact that the character he plays so well has provided you with so many hours of enjoyment; i do

mandara k
    Participant

Hello all,

Yes, I think I will hang on the letter for now; (though it might find its way to the grey circular file) sorry JJ.
    I would return it in person; but I don’t plan on seeing him in the flesh unless he un-conventions in Halifax this year and why pray tell would he ever do such a thing if he dislikes the fans soo much.
    And my lovely mod squad ladies; is anyone going to invite Mr. Simon-sez to last bash; I think it would be nice. Hey, the more men… I mean the more the merrier.
    And what are these get-togethers about; is there an agenda; I say kamikazes and karaoke, but knowing me, if I get bored talking LEXX (oh God, is that a mortal sin at an un-convention?) I’ll go make my own fun; you know, find the seedy underbelly of Halifax nightlife.
    So I guess I’ll have to study previous un-conventions to know what to expect. Yikes,
    if it’s all that Brunnen-G song and oohing/aahing just another fellow human being I will definitely have to make my stay short and sweet. But if….. it’s a par…ty…. oh yeah I’m there.

Mandara k

FX
    Participant

quote:

Hello all,

Yes, I think I will hang on the letter for now; (though it might find its way to the grey circular file) sorry JJ. I would return it in person; but I don’t plan on seeing him in the flesh unless he un-conventions in Halifax this year and why pray tell would he ever do such a thing if he dislikes the fans soo much.
    is there an agenda; I say kamikazes and karaoke, but knowing me, if I get bored talking LEXX (oh God, is that a mortal sin at an un-convention?) I’ll go make my own fun; you know, find the seedy underbelly of Halifax nightlife.
    But if….. it’s a par…ty…. oh yeah I’m there.

Mandara k

that’s the spirit mandara! although, i am not sure hali has a seedy underbelly , there are certainly enough bars even aside from the infamous shoe to crawl through…and lots of toothsome males to cackle and drool over…as far as lexx related events, as much or as little as you please; there are bound to be people there you can drag through the gutter with you

Anonymous

mandara, you should really take other people’s oppinions of other people you’ve never interacted with personally, with a grain of salt.

-(depending on who you talk to) The nefarious, sinister, “prick” … X

mandara k
    Participant

Dear X,
    You know you are probably right; but why would three different people trusted enough to moderate a web-site on LEXX and invited to the last party go out of their way to mention these interactions. Do they have a grievance; what would they gain? No, I think they were probably accurate; and since I was not there; you are right I should not assume a thing; you made me feel guilty. I’m sorry.
    I just don’t feel it is right to call anyone any names or feel no need to be rude when there are always options; (such as walking away from unpleasant situations or having the
    guts to say yeah it bothers me so please don’t do that.)
    Okay, you caught me; I do have a bad temper and low tolerance for rude people. I refuse to idolize someone whom in this lifetime is on the upside of things.
    All we know is that life changes and we will one day die and we will probably pay taxes on the whole darn thing.
    So, I do not waste my time on people who concentrate on the externals and do not work on becoming better people inside; because fortune, fame, and power as well as our physical body changes in time. It’s an
    unavoidable part of life.
    What does not change is a youthful, seeking spirit that is open to knowledge in any form; it’s how I know I will remain young even when I cease trying to yank out my grey hairs.
    It’s the courage to say I control my own destiny at all times; I am in the driver’s seat; I alone am responsible for EVERYTHING that happens to me; good or bad.
    So yeah, I might have been wrong about mentioning my opinion about MM and I do apologize if I really offended anyone. I just
    reacted like I do when I see any being arrogant about anything.

I like the quote from Gary Zukav, “Interactions between souls (people) is a priviledge, not a right.”
    Take care you “nefarious one”.
    Mandara

Anonymous

Didn’t mean to make you feel bad, mandara, just food for thought.

I read the same report and McManus didn’t do anything I would determine to be “rude”. In fact the moderators themselevs admitted to having several opportunities to have introduced themselves first. There are all kinds of people on a set that come and go. How McManus was just supposed to know who they were is beyond me and besides they were supposed to just be observing and not interacting. McManus is not the welcoming committee and he did introduce himself to them first.

You speak of greivances.. well.. I don’t think it’s a secret that many female LEXX fans including them have the hots for Micheal. I guess they thought they were so important that he should know who they are and speak to them first, which he did. I think they just made too much out of it kinda like when highschool girls think a guy is cute but they are too afraid to approach him and he doesn’t know who they are so he’s not going out of his way to say “hi” in which case they tell other people he’s some stuck up jerk. But again, my oppinion is biased because that scenario has happened to me on a few occassions.

Personally after the things that were said about MM and Salter I would consider it a slap in the face after all the things Salter has done for Sad. And no I wasn’t there but it’s usually bad form to give a biased view of someone’s actions 2nd handed to other people. Because it will make either you or them look bad and it’s not very fair to Micheal. He’s not here to defend himself and no one else was there to offer another viewpoint. But I believe BlackCloud even chastised them for being too harsh in their judgement.

But maybe you can ask Jeff about Micheal in the upcoming chat because they are like best friends or something. And also actors are just people playing characters and aren’t the people they are portraying so it’s unfair to expect them to behave a certain way. But hang on to that autograph, you may meet Micheal someday in person and see that he is a nice guy and regret giving the autograph away.

Anonymous

Hey all,

I know I am coming in on this thing all late and all, but where is this infamous article on MM?

Identity6- The oblivious one

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Identity6:
    I know I am coming in on this thing all late and all, but where is this infamous article on MM?

http://www.sadgeezer.com/lexx/interviews/invasion.html

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.