B5

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

ive just started watching this (i seem to be doing this a lot recently, buffy, B5, i think TV is taking over my life) anyway its an hour to go till the next episode (13:00 on sci-fi) and ive been talking to many different people about it, however there is one thing i want to know, when I talk about the serise where they are searching for the cure to that disease that infected earth (can remember the name) i get different reactions, some people say its really good and others say its really bad, any other opinions?

——————
    “Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.
    “No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!”
    “Its heading for his testicles”
    “Take it, take the leg!!!”

[email protected]

Anonymous

That show you saw was supose to be the follow up show to B5, Crusade. Horse(see e-mail) watched it but I didnt like it. It seamed to me to be the usual cartoon “good guy, bad guy” where you have the good guy just walking around when the bad guy shows up. The BG startes shooting, the GG shoots back. None realy get hurt so next week they all do it again. Same as Andramada.
    I’m looking forward to the new show and hope it follows the B5 story.
    Next!

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

oh that explains it, but i like both of those sort of shows, maybe I will still like it.

——————

[email protected]

Anonymous

It was okay in my opinion, not as good as b5 (But what can?) but i enjoyed it. The thing i missed where the politics from B5.

Anonymous

yeah i thought i would miss that aswell.

——————

[email protected]

Anonymous

I really liked Crusade and I was really upset when it got cancelled…signed all kind of online petitions to bring it back (and I still haven’t given up hope). I don’t think it was really that formulaic (good guy and bad guy routinely trying to kill each other every week, etc.) Example: there was one episode where they were planning to study the plague by purposely infecting a healthy person and everyone was asking if it was right or not, another where Galen (my favorite character lied to the captain, tricked him, and generally ran the risk of ruining their friendship in order to keep a promise he made to the woman he loved…you get what I’m saying, right? Complex characters and situations…not a lot of clear cut “this is right, that’s wrong” stuff…anyway all this is just a very wordy way of saying I liked it

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

Horse liked it ok but like Cataline, I hoped it would get better, but we both think that it didnt get the same chance as B5 got. I didnt lke B5 at first as it wasnt like the “nice nice” of Star Trek. Then as Horse said I should see what it was realy about I got to liking it better the ST.
    ST has to go the lowest denomination -7 OF 9- to get young males to watch.
    WOW!!!!
    Just had an apithanee(?)
    B5,and what follows it, needs more then just appeal to the “Nice nice” approach to our future. I think most of us know that most of us are a@#*&$les and try to make the most of our time on this plain.
    I think that was the real story of B5. There’s so much **** in the universe you are bond to step in some!
    Just my 2 cents.

——————
    Monkey

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.