Bab5 ships

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    DuLt
    Participant

First of all, BAB5 KICKS ASS.
    Second of all… I do not think earth ships ugly (ok, civilian ones are ugly=/ ), isnt the nebukanezor awsom? Th emimbari battle cruiser is the uglyest i belive.
    Do u know the game Freelancer? How about some one makes a similar game but for bab5…
    Did u know, actually, we have the capabilitys to make a babylon ship? or even batlle ships?
    WHAT THE HELL? a battle ships bigger than bab5? Where do they get materials.
    Personaly, i like narn battle ships, theyre like mercenary, after a batlle, pick up whats left and then equip them on the ship.
    Ill be showing my battle ship design soon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome to the board, DuLt. I like the more organic ships. The Vorlon ships (click) are kinda fishy, but very cool-looking (and make great sashimi to boot!). I especially like the look of the Vorlon Battlecruiser.

If I were in battle, I can fancy myself behind the wheel of a Shadow Battleship (erm, if they do have wheels that is).

DuLt
    Participant

Yo, tkx for answering, please criticize/quote my other ideas.
    And probably not, the space ships probably ar emade in space, because there, u can make a 3000ton spaceship with no prob 8)

nursewhen
    Participant

I wasn’t mad about the White Stars. I thought they looked like salamanders. I loved both the Earth and Mimbari ships. They were so imposing and lets face it, battle ships aren’t supposed to be pretty.

Actually, I think the Earth ships were my favourites. I loved the spinning sections. It was good to see the gravity problem not being glossed over.

Nebagram
    Participant

Yeah, Earth ships were cool- there are no ships cooler than the Excalibur, though, the “weapon of mass destruction” is, quite frankly, the most awesome thing ever 😀

DuLt
    Participant

My ship is halfway to be completed(maybe ill remake the front and back sections), ill post and picture later to see ure critikes, this ships is based on centauri looks, mixed with brakari and white star materials. it has the same type of weapons that the centauri have, and ill probably add some Starkiller Torpedos… and a couple of beams…(i definatly need to remake the back section, its looking like a transport ship YUCKKKHH=(

DuLt
    Participant

Ok, here’s nivolken:

Its very dark(light prob, can control fully well the light engine), it has two tubes, we,re inside, there are starkiller missiles, it has some centauri INACTIVE weapons.
    So what do u think?=P

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very, very cool! 🙂

Like to try it out in a game. Wonder what all the stats are (i.e. strength, dexterity, speed … erm, charisma etc.)

DuLt
    Participant

lol, i just know the game freelancer(anyone knows a babylon 5 mod for it?)

And maybe ill remake everything, to start my own fleet of ships, battlecrusisers, battlships, Mass destroyer, Mobile base, fighter etc.

Anonymous

I know for a fact there’s B5 mods for Homeworld 1 or 2 I forget.

There’s also B5 mods for a game called Star Trek: Bridge Commander

I’ll post a link if I re-find em =) Welcome to the boards

DuLt
    Participant

my new ship style, based on the nasrn, errors please, still incomplete.

DuLt
    Participant

Here is my new ship froma diferent angle and ambient, those 4 things on the lifted wigns ar eSUPOSED to be pulse cannons, do they look like cannos?=P….

DuLt
    Participant

Bad news, my destroyer file is busted=/, ill have to make another one.

Idea for ships?

sgtdraino
    Participant

I actually think that the Centauri have the ugliest ships.

I quite like the looks of the various Earth Alliance ships, especially the destroyers (like Agamemnon), because they remind me of the bad-arse looking USS Sulaco from Aliens. Nothing’s cooler than a ship that looks like a big gun! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive
    sgtdraino wrote:

Nothing’s cooler than a ship that looks like a big gun! 🙂

Except for a big gun that looks like a ship. 🙂

Anonymous
    DuLt wrote:

My ship is halfway to be completed(maybe ill remake the front and back sections), ill post and picture later to see ure critikes, this ships is based on centauri looks, mixed with brakari and white star materials. it has the same type of weapons that the centauri have, and ill probably add some Starkiller Torpedos… and a couple of beams…(i definatly need to remake the back section, its looking like a transport ship YUCKKKHH=(

Can’t wait to see it!

DuLt
    Participant

Ok… This here is a destroyer, it has a cuple of uranium blasters 2 front canos, and 2 local defense canons:

The destroyers carry this ships, theyre fast fighters:

What do u think?

They didnt end up has i expected but=/

By the way, im honored that sadgeezer admin has replyed to my psot=PPPP

grumbler
    Participant

There is a B5 mod to Space Empires 4, but that is a strategic game and not likely what you are looking for. More on the B5 SE4 mod at http://www.shrapnelgames.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=004079.

DuLt
    Participant

Why didnt anyone criticize my ships?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    DuLt wrote:

Why didnt anyone criticize my ships?

Probably because we like them. 😀

DuLt
    Participant

Bu ti want u to tell me things to add, bugs, ideas etc etc etc….=(

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m no computer graphics artist, designer, or techie, aerospaceship engineer, nor do I understand the workings of (or am even very familiar with) the various ships and weapons in the Babylon 5 universe , but like I said, they look good to me. Perhaps if you listed more detailed ship schematics (size, crew complement, drive, maneuverability, hyper-jump capability etc.) those more “brilliant” than me might be able to critique it better. I mean, it is rocket science after all. 🙂 You said it has Centauri looks mixed with Brakari, have you mentioned which race the ships belong to?

I seem to understand you want it for a game, that may limit the types of weapons you can use (especially if you’re using it as a sort of skin – I’m out of my depth here). Really would be difficult to judge without taking it for a “test run’ in that case. Are you planning to develop full 3D rendered models?

As for suggestions for changes, well it is your vision (but it should fit in nicely into the Babylon 5 universe I would think), so you probably know best what you want. Be confident, and sure, be open to suggestions, but you may wish to maintain your “authorial” integrity, unless you’re specifically looking to collaborate on the ships (employ others ideas). There have been some gifted designers on this board who would be able to offer great advice I’m sure, at the very least – if not fully collaborate on their development.

Here’s my input for what it’s worth: I might add some laser guns on the wings, because I think most of the best ships (and sharks) shoot laser beams (but that’s just me 😉 ). Or could be other armaments – pulse cannons, web lunchers, or something. I suppose that the wings enable the ships to land on planets with atmosphere, or do they serve another function? Looking more closely, those destroyers’ wings wouldn’t help it fly (through the air)… so what are the wings for? You may wish to clip them (don’t know). They look cool, sure, but without knowing the function… Be nice to make an informed structural evaluation. Your cannons look like they could be cannons to me, by the way, or possibly like torpedo launch tubes, or plumbing pipes — jettisoned waste projectiles make formidable weapons.

As for bugs, if it was an organic ship (my fave B5 ships are the organic ones), then you could add something like the organic moths in LEXX. In fact, the Lexx is one giant bug. Bugs are cool, but you may decide not to add any bugs (I jest there).

Nice job, DuLt. 🙂

-Logan

P.S. Sorry, I would make better suggestions if I could, and I’m sure you don’t need anyone elses ideas. Might be able to help you along with some of your ideas if you’re a little more specific about what you’re looking for. Any idea can always use some tweaking.

P.P.S. Edit: I generally prefer ships (and remote controls) with fairly simple designs — not a lot of guns and protruberances (plenty of guns on my TV remote though) 😉 Yours are nice and sleek.
    My fave ship has to be the TARDIS from Dr. Who — no offensive weapory though. My second fave may be the motor boat in The Prisoner — sleek, speedy, and for offensive weaponry it has a formidable pointy prow. 😛 So, I wouldn’t clutter up you ships with gizmos — good as is.

DuLt
    Participant

lol tkx for the critike, they do not have a race to belong to, theyre from rogues, on the quick fight ships i did not put extra cannons because there where a new sistems( dont know what yep, probably shields and rebuilding things) on the destroyer, it doest has any weapon on the wings because they carry fighter, so, theyre a hold(doesnt look like one lol). but tkx anyway lol=P

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.