Can anyone help with this series

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Can anyone help with this series

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

This was posted in the FAQ section by Ally:

I’m looking for a BBC made show that is all about sound. Did any cult sci fi characters ever find themselves in a world where all sound was distorted? Or where everything was unbearably loud? Or even where there was no sound at all? I would be very very grateful for your help!! Ally

I can’t think of the series myself, anyone any ideas?

Jhevz
    Participant

Sad,
    You might try going tohttp://www.gallifreyone.com, then click the link page & I’m sure they’ll have lots of what you’re looking for; you also might look at the site in general, it usually has tons of info that you may find what you’re looking for.
    Good luck & I hope this helps some.

BBC Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

nursewhen
    Participant

I’m confused by the question. Is Ally looking for an existing series or looking for material in order to create a series?

Sound related things that I can think of are:-
    The Phantom Tolbooth, an animated film which involved a world where all sound had been stolen and I think they managed to say the word ‘Oh’ and loaded it into a cannon and released all the stolen sounds.

In the Original Star Trek pilot, they landed on a planet where there was an eerie tonal sound all the time and Spock found that it came from the leaves of a plant and it stopped when he touched it. That eerie sound was used again and again on different planets.

In yellow submarine, the Beatles brought music back to Pepper Land.

Anonymous

I think Ally is looking for an existing show.

Great post, that should help Ally out a lot, thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tis not BBC, but one of the few Farscape episodes that I caught the ship was split into three sort of alternate dimesions and one of those was full of noise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.