Carpathia

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

Does anyone know the date of the painting from the Carpathians? I can’t remember, and I was unable to tape Texx Lexx so I can’t look again.

I stumbled across a reference to Carpathia, today. In 1889 Jules Verne wrote a short story called The Castle of the Carpathians. This reportedly inspired an episode of Scooby-Doo. I thought it was funny how semi-Lexx-related discussion topics tied together, there. I wouldn’t post anything as lame as this under normal circumstances, but Lexx discussion is at a virtual standstill right now and I wanted to try to start new discussion.

So what to y’all think Kai will find in Transylvania? Vampires? Time Prophets? Divine Shadow larvae? The Klu Klux Klan? A scary haunted mansion that turns out to be really a hoax involving robots to scare people away from investigating a counterfeiting scheme?

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ever seen Ghostbusters 2?

DalekTek790
    Participant

Yeah. Why?

——————

lizard
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

So what to y’all think Kai will find in Transylvania? Vampires? Time Prophets? Divine Shadow larvae? The Klu Klux Klan? A scary haunted mansion that turns out to be really a hoax involving robots to scare people away from investigating a counterfeiting scheme?

I think we’ll have to wait a while.. I have seen two adds for friday’s show and I don’t think that they make it to Carpathia. They stop in New Found Land (that’s how stan pronounces it). Maybe Xev will have to buy a coat!

Flamegrape
    Participant

Depends on what time of year it will be. The “Great White North” is not always entombed in glaciers.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    Depends on what time of year it will be. The “Great White North” is not always entombed in glaciers.

hmmmm…so how’s come there’s so many canadian snowbirds down here? (cute ones too )

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by lizard:
    I think we’ll have to wait a while.. I have seen two adds for friday’s show and I don’t think that they make it to Carpathia. They stop in New Found Land (that’s how stan pronounces it). Maybe Xev will have to buy a coat!

I just wondered if Stan was still wearing the red security guard outfit, I mean he’s going to have to wrap up warm in New Found Land, so I wonder if he’ll be wearing something else.
    But as I can’t see the Lexx at the moment, this is just one of the small things that I’d like to know.
    BTW, can anyone do a vidcap of Squish for me?, the one where he appears in space after eating Gigashadows brain would be great…can anyone help?

‘The prat formerly known as Squish’

——————
    Annoyed Squishy

Anonymous

Small Spoilers—-

Aug. 24th is the airdate for the long awaited Transylvania stopover. Xev may find herself in a bit of trouble, Stan will likely try his luck on another female and Kai, even though the dead do not, may just find a suprise waiting for him as well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There’s a small preview clip at http://www.scifi.com/lexx/episodes/season4/7.html

DalekTek790
    Participant

WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

We saw what looked like a vampire in the preview for Vlad last night, for those out there who missed the episode and chat. There’s been some speculation batted around that the “vampires” are Insects.

The idea is: His Divine Shadow’s essence has been haunting that area for four millennia, and it has reproduced. The vampires would then be the human hosts of second -generation Insect essences.

If you’ll remember, the original vampire (Wampir) didn’t suck blood, just life force. The vampiric beings in upcoming Lexx episodes may be like that, draining human victims of their vital energy with an insectoid proboscis under the tongue.

Of course, the original Insect essence will eventually join with Dr. Longbore, and he will become the next Divine Shadow.

I doubt this ties in with the drones, though. It would seem a coincidence that Earth is plagued by two Insect-based menaces at the same time.

Cluster Lizards have been suggested for the next episode, but that might be stretching it. Much of this is speculative.

Back to the age-old question: Does anybody have a tape of Texx Lexx they could look over to fing out the date of the Carpathian painting?

——————

Anonymous

hmmm…

i had sorta leaned toward the possibility
    the the ‘vampire’ might have been a renegade
    divine assassin
    we know that the cleansing of minds was not
    foolproof, so say an assassin that still had
    a little free will left comes in contact with
    a culture that has the know-how to substitute another substance for protoblood –
    the assassin could then bide its time & wait
    for the perfect little blue planet to make a
    bid for its freedom.
    perhaps the formula to replace protoblood
    requires large amounts or blood/lifeforce
    to be completed, a divine assassin certainly
    would be capable of getting what it would need. would still fit the vampire legend &
    there’s several ways an encounter with such
    a being could effect kai’s future..

of course this doesn’t jive with my theory
    that if xev doesn’t get laid soon, she’ll
    go ballistic and kill everyone anyway

Anonymous

quote:

We saw what looked like a vampire in the preview for Vlad last night, for those out there who missed the episode and chat. There’s been some speculation batted around that the “vampires” are Insects.

Need I point out to those who missed the chat that the *only* person batting this topic around was DT? I thought not. I’ll admit to accidentally pulling his string by making fun of his view that *anything* that shows up in LEXX has to be related to the insects (the carrots, the Wozard, the “clones” *snicker* that populated Fire and Water…). He said something to the effect of “we see what looks like a vampire” and I said something like “you mean you didn’t think it looked like an insect?” and I really should have known better than to give him ideas.

Of course, the original Insect essence will eventually join with Dr. Longbore, and he will become the next Divine Shadow.

Of course. That’s the only thing that could ever possibly happen. Like Season 4 taking place in a futuristic utopia. Like HDS being behind everything in Season 3. Of course.

I doubt this ties in with the drones, though. It would seem a coincidence that Earth is plagued by two Insect-based menaces at the same time.

So now you’re admitting that the carrots don’t have anything to do with insects? Especially as they look just like carrots and express sympathy to the death of other carrots? Since there was never any evidence that they had anything at all to do with insects to begin with?

Much of this is speculative.

Correction, *all* of this is speculative. Nothing you’ve said has had any basis in the text of the show, and as any scholar will tell you, if your interpretation is not based on the text provided, it is not valid. Try this kind of reasoning in a college writing course and see how far you get.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    Correction, *all* of this is speculative. Nothing you’ve said has had any basis in the text of the show, and as any scholar will tell you, if your interpretation is not based on the text provided, it is not valid. Try this kind of reasoning in a college writing course and see how far you get.

–Aleck

as i said in chat that night aleck, i hold you responsible for this

DalekTek790
    Participant

The vampires as Divine Shadow essence is speculative. It is not one of the theories I’d really bet money on.

Like I said in another thread, all of my theories are based on the logical interpretation of events and dialog onscreen. Aleck is just a pyrrhonist who will doubt his eyes and ears just to maintain the illogical position that I am wrong.

My theories are almost invariably verified by future Lexx episodes. I can think of five at the moment-

Theory #1: 790 has part of a human brain (confirmed in Norb

Theory #2: Kai is animated by nanites (strongly implied in K-Town).

Theory #3: Earth is in the Dark Zone (implied in Heaven and Hell, confirmed in Little Blue Planet).

Theory #4: His Divine Shadow’s essence still exists (essentially everyone except Aleck believes that the dark figures in Texx Lexx represent a manifestation of His Shadow)

Theory #5: The fourth season on Earth will be like the Star Trek episodes where they travel back in time (this one’s a little vague, but watch Texx Lexx, P4X, and The Rock and you’ll see what I’m talking about).

With a track record like this, how can people still doubt me?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

With a track record like this, how can people still doubt me?

perhaps because whatever marginal validity your arguments may manifest is overshadowed by your charm?

Anonymous

Originally posted by FX:
    perhaps because whatever marginal validity your arguments may manifest is overshadowed by your charm?

Hee,Hee, FX you know how to say the right things at the right time, and Dalektek knows how to say the wrong things all the time!!!
    FX are you a lovely lady from the US or the UK, if it’s the UK, have you heard of Chris Eubank the boxer? (I will explain if you have heard of him).

——————
    Annoyed Squishy

Flamegrape
    Participant

DalekTek790, I’m not sure it’s worth it to theorize about the future course of this space opera. It’s very nature chaotic. It’s not like Star Trek where all of the fans expect a great deal of continuity. Or even like Babylon 5 where there is always an epic story afoot.

In Lexx, “sh** happens and then you die”. I don’t expect it to make much sense. I enjoy the lampooning of human nature most of all. And the nude scenes.

To quote the opening theme of Mystery Science Theater 3000:

If you’re wondering how he eats and breaths and other science facts
    repeat to yourself, “It’s just a show. I should really just relax!”

[This message has been edited by Flamegrape (edited August 19, 2001).]

Anonymous

thank you flamegrape for the gentle reality check it is just a show, and it should be fun to discuss…

squishy my love, i just moved to florida from nyc…i do not know the gentleman to which you refer, but i bet aleck does … if you would like to try to explain your reference, i am all eyes … a lot of the peeps email me directly with questions and comments so feel free if you are shy about trying to explain it on the board…scifi geek fx

Anonymous

Originally posted by FX:
    thank you flamegrape for the gentle reality check it is just a show, and it should be fun to discuss…

squishy my love, i just moved to florida from nyc…i do not know the gentleman to which you refer, but i bet aleck does … if you would like to try to explain your reference, i am all eyes … a lot of the peeps email me directly with questions and comments so feel free if you are shy about trying to explain it on the board…scifi geek fx

OK Dwahling, Chris Eubank was a famous middle weight boxer in the late 80’s early 90’s, I think he won the championship.
    Anyway, now he’s retired, but he walks around wearing old english clothes and a monocle and cane (don’t know if I spelt it right, but it’s an eyepiece, he’s like a Lord of the Manor, but a black one.
    He has this lisp as well, but try’s to speak with this intellectual upper class voice (which is really annoying), he regularly appears on TV over here where he is ridiculed for his arrogance and self belief by the people who interview him or sit alongside him.
    He keep’s coming out with with absolute nonsense and nobody really get’s what he’s saying, thing is he is convinced he’s funny and doesn’t realise that the audience are laughing at him and not with him.
    He continually maintains this arrogant heir and grace view even when being laughed at, and likes to remind everyone that he is better than everyone around him (he did it when he was boxing as well).
    Suffice to say, nobody likes him, but they do enjoy seeing him on T.V, because they know that the other guests will rip the **** out of him at every opportunity.
    Now does this remind you of anyone???
    I never thought that he was serious and thought it was just an act, until I came to this board and come across somebody who is just like him.
    Anyway, if you have any friends in the UK, ask them about him the next time you speak to them, ask them what they think of him, or better still look him up on the net, you will laugh your socks off at the similarities!!!
    Love and big fangy kisses,
    Squishy

——————
    Annoyed Squishy

DalekTek790
    Participant

I’m still wondering why Cat asked me about Ghostbusters 2.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Annoyed Squishy:

OK Dwahling, Chris Eubank was a famous middle weight boxer in the late 80’s early 90’s, but he walks around wearing old english clothes and a monocle and cane (try’s to speak with this intellectual upper class voice (which is really annoying), he regularly appears on TV over here where he is ridiculed for his arrogance and self belief He keep’s coming out with with absolute nonsense and nobody really get’s what he’s saying, thing is he doesn’t realise that the audience are laughing at him and not with him.
    He likes to remind everyone that he is better than everyone around him (he did it when he was boxing as well).
    Suffice to say, nobody likes him, but they do enjoy seeing him on T.V, because they know that the other guests will rip the **** out of him at every opportunity.

I never thought that he was serious and thought it was just an act, until I came to this board and come across somebody who is just like him.
    better still look him up on the net, you will laugh your socks off at the similarities!!!
    Love and big fangy kisses,
    Squishy

and big toothy nibbles to you okay, i see why this is putting you in mind of our much maligned co poster; this guy sounds like a hoot, and i hope he is laughing all the way to the bank…what is it about ex-boxers anyway? is it all the hits to the head? i have to admit, i get kind of depressed when i see muhammed ali/ cassius clay these days, given what a sassy goodlooking young buck he was…anyway, the moon is waning now and i am sure everything will go back to normal
    thanx for the explanation, i am going to go check this character out after i find out what else all of you hooligans have been up to…love fx

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.