Drago

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

GEEK ALERT!!!!

Here’s my theory on why Drago is on Earth.

Drago appears to be a heretic/reform version of a Divine Assassin, who, coincidentally has a special connection to Kai. Kai killed him originally. What are the odds on Drago just winding up on Earth for 4000 years, missing the End of the Light Universe?

And isn’t it just too much of a coincidence that Vlad, Divine Executioner, destroyer of Divine Assassins with a special interest and a mission to destroy Kai, also winds up on Earth at about the same time?

Dollars to donuts, the two incidents are connected. Here’s my best guess.

Vlad gets released to go looking for Kai. He appears to be connected with the Heretics. After all, he’s somehow involved
    with the theft of the LEXX, which also involved Thodin and Stanley Tweedle, both
    known heretics.

So, like any good cop, Vlad goes after the heretics first, looking for any special connection to Kai. This leads to Drago.
    Alternately, taking down Drago might have been her previous mission. Either way, she takes Drago. He’s harmless in his sarcophagus, so she just wraps him up for future reference. Maybe she’s got standing orders to take the specimen back to The Cluster when she finishes off her priority mission (destroying Kai). Maybe she’s got
    some idea that she can use Drago to mess around with Kai, she likes weird destruction.

Anyway, with Drago in tow, Vlad heads off to the Time Prophet, gets the address and ETA on Kai, offs the Time Prophet and settles down on Earth to wait.

Maybe she lets Drago loose to amuse herself every now and then. Maybe she just buries him somewhere she thinks is safe. We know she was tearing up Mesopotamia around the time Drago is buried, so she’s in the neighborhood.

Note the phonetic resemblance between the
    names Drago and Dracul, Vlad’s catspaw. Dracul is in fact Romanian for Dragon. Coincidence?

sgtdraino
    Participant

I like the idea of Vlad’s presence being connected to Drago, though I personally think that Heretics left him on Earth, not Vlad. If Vlad had brought him there, why would she stick him way out in the middle of the desert? Wouldn’t she keep him in Translvania? And wouldn’t she make it harder for him to be reactivated?

Now, here’s MY theory on Drago, completely unrelated to yours:

Drago is engineered not to attack Heretics. Stanley being Ostrol-B, Drago never attacks him, and reacts very differently towards him than anyone else. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Not a bad theory. How does Drago recognize
    heretics?

As for why Vlad might have left him out there, rather than keeping him close… Would you want to take a chance on Drago
    waking up or being woken up, and wandering
    around delicate equipment while you were in
    cryo? Not a good idea.

As long as she knew where to collect him,
    and sure he was deeply buried, she would be
    happy. Close but not too close.

The alternative to Vlad is to suggest that the heretics with Drago and Vlad arrived independently on Earth at or around the same time. Kai puts Drago at 4000 years old, which must be an approximation, because
    Kai escaped the Divine Order about 4300 years
    before.

Anonymous

How about this:

Since the Time Prophet was available to anyone, it seems several different sources would have known something special was going to happen on Earth at a given time. After all, she handed information to His Divine Shadow and Vlad rather easily, right? So amongst those who wished to know, the location and time of the Lexx, Kai, and the Key was common knowledge.

DalekTek790
    Participant

On the other hand, Earth is in the darkest part of the Dark Zone, therefore there are many singularities in its proximity connecting it to other universes. Even when the Light Zone collapsed, the resulting fractal core brought our heroes to the viscinity of the Solar System. Perhaps when you travel to the Dark Zone, you’re likely to end up near Earth.

Further thoughts:

I also thought the dragon names (Drago, Drakul) were an odd coincidence. I don’t think Drago is an Egyptian name or mythical figure. I can’t remember the Egyptian word for “dragon,” but I remember it wasn’t a cognate of the greek “drakon,” as “dragon” and “drakul” (little dragon) are. At any rate, it would be interesting if Cluster lizards resurfaced on Earth as “dragons.”

Maybe the Heretics built the Pyramids.

Is it just me, or was Kai’s latest rendition of the “I have killed…” speech influenced by The Book of the Damned? That might seem like not a good thing to bring up, but I really think that may have been a factor in the writer’s mind (who did write that episode, anyway? I forgot to look and now I can’t find it on the online episode guide).

The reason I haven’t been on the SadBoard for the last week is because my laptop is broken.

[ 16-04-2002: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

Even when the Light Zone collapsed, the resulting fractal core brought our heroes to the viscinity of the Solar System. Perhaps when you travel to the Dark Zone, you’re likely to end up near Earth.

They did drift for over 4,000 years before coming to Fire and Water and then Earth. So
    it wasn’t really that close. Means and speed of travel are one of the great Lexx mysteries!

Maybe the Heretics built the Pyramids.

Hmm…do I smell SG1 crossover?

(who did write that episode, anyway?

The quartet of:
    Lex Gigeroff Jon Spira Andrew Selzer Frank McGinn

Spira and Selzer also did Midsummer Nightmare. Didn’t Lex say in the interview that the episode had to be re-written on very short notice? That might account for some of the anomalies

The reason I haven’t been on the SadBoard for the last week is because my laptop is broken.

Wondered where you were–nasty machines.

elmey

Anonymous

What happened with Viva LEXX Vegas was that they brought in a British guest star, he came in late, and they gave him his sides (the part of the script he’s going to do on a particular day) and there was something like fifteen pages of it. So he just said “I’m not going to do this.” They said fine, and he was on a plane back to England. They brought in a local actor, Gary Levert to cover for him literally the night before (he got the script at 2:00 am, and his call time was 6:00 am). Chris Bould also brought in Louis Del Grande, who picked up other parts of the role. With some careful shooting, ADR, back of head stuff, they managed to get it all together. That’s the story. Still no info on why Rolf was composited in there at the end. I’m still working on the fine details.

PS: The LEXX on its original journeys into the Dark Zone at the end of IWHS and GS didn’t seem to go near Earth. Also, the Time Prophet would have told heretics that Kai would be on Earth 4000 years later? How would that motivate them to bury Drago there? Did they know Kai would slice up
    Drago until his protoprotoblood ran out and then bury him in his sarcophagus again?

And yeah, I could see a trace of an SG-1
    crossover, what with the Sarcophagus thing.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Even when the Light Zone collapsed, the resulting fractal core brought our heroes to the viscinity of the Solar System.

quote:

Originally posted by Elmey:
    They did drift for over 4,000 years before coming to Fire and Water and then Earth. So it wasn’t really that close. Means and speed of travel are one of the great Lexx mysteries!

Season 1
    In IWHS the computer monitor tells us that “the light zone and the dark zone coexist in the same space, at the same timejust a reminder for those who say the two universes don’t exist at the same time, and that “only a thin deminsional barrier seperates the light zone from the choas of the dark zone.”
    Season 2
    In “End of the Universe” Kai tells Stan to tell Lexx to go to the center of the universe. So that all the mantrid drones scattered aroudn the universe would congregate on that point. He does, lets assume the Lexx got very close to the center.
    Season 3
    It takes ~4333 years for the lexx to go from an “empty space” to orbit two planets. Using the Universal Gravitation Law, and Newtons Laws, 4333 years would put lexx very close to the edge of the milky way. Earth is on the very edge of the milky way.for purposes of relativity and time distortions, the lexx would not be moving fast (off by a few orders of magnitude!) enough for time to appear to have moved even remotely faster then its own time frame
    Season 4
    In LBP Kai informs us that Earth is at the darkest part of the dark zone. This could be construed as near the center of the dark zone.
    How do these facts fit together? From season 1, if an object leaves the dark zone at coordinates x,y,z,t, it will enter the light zone at the same coordinates in the light zone. So if lexx was near the center of the light zone at the end of s2 when it left the light zone, then it would have appeard near the center of dark zone. It did, but in the middle of nowhere in s3. From s4 we can infer that Earth is near, or at the center of the dark zone.
    Facts from the first season season pass on to the second and third and the last season. Its a built atop one another, and it doesn’t become clear until the end. Sounds like one example of the series going full circle to me.

quote:

Originally posted by Valdron
    How would that motivate them to bury Drago there?

IWHS: “They put the coordinates to a location supposedly inaccessable to his shadow…”(Stan)
    Well Vlad and the Mega Sahdow made it to the dark zone, so his shadows light did eventaully reach that place. But if you were told that a vest should protect you from being shot/wounded, and you were about to go into battle with no other options, you’d wear the vest wouldn’t you?
    The heretics belived that HDS shouldn’t be able reach the dark zone, but if he did, they felt they should hide it in the darkest part. The last place he’d want to go.

[ 16-04-2002: Message edited by: Headgehog ]

Anonymous

Motivation for hiding Drago?

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Valdron:

Oops, meant to pull a statement for why tehy choose earth. Maybe the Diven Order was after them, and they had to hide Drago or risk losing him forever. Either way, they never saw him again, and it wound up making a plot line for an episode.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Valdron:

In the immortal word of theBrother, “‘Cause it was in the script?”

Anonymous

quote:

In LBP Kai informs us that Earth is at the darkest part of the dark zone. This could be construed as near the center of the dark zone.
    How do these facts fit together? From season 1, if an object leaves the dark zone at coordinates x,y,z,t, it will enter the light zone at the same coordinates in the light zone. So if lexx was near the center of the light zone at the end of s2 when it left the light zone, then it would have appeard near the center of dark zone. It did, but in the middle of nowhere in s3. From s4 we can infer that Earth is near, or at the center of the dark zone.

[/QB]

Excellent theory! But all of this could have been affected by the “greater uncertainty principle”

Do you think the Dark Zone is a parallel universe in the way we would commonly think of such? The same structure and geography as the Light Universe, only suffused with evil and chaos? Maybe it is something else, particularly now that we know there is the Other Zone and the Dream Zone.

elmey

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by elmey:
    But all of this could have been affected by the “greater uncertainty principle”

Kai: “As one apporaches the center of the universe” then he says soemthing about the afermentioned theory.
    What he is sayign is that things get weirder and more charotic as one approaches the center.
    Stan:The dark zone is the universe of evil, and depravity and chaos” This is a western belief that darkness/black is associated with evil and chaos. (Ironically its the opposite in east asia) The darkest part of the dark zone would mean the most chaotic part of the chaotic universe. If the laws of science apply the same to both universes, then the most chaotic part of the dark zone would be the center, as it is in the light zone.
    So if anything the “greater uncertainty principle” only supports my theory.

I know that it was meant as a joke, because of the smilies, but finals are approaching and I need to vent.
    I like thebrothers explanation the most. “It’s in the script”. Unlike B5, Star Wars and Star Trek, Lexx doesn’t take itself seriously. (Well neither does the Star Trek, but it tries) Conjucture is fun, but in the end, its only a show.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.