Enterprise

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carol_Ridgway
    Participant

Can anyone tell me why the new series of Enterprise is on satellite,
    Myself and a few other like me cannot fore the life of us see why, as not everybody either does not want or can afford to pay.

theFrey
    Participant

Well, I don’t dispite theSpouse’s fussing have satillite. Sorry. But I am sure some ‘gezzer somewhere does and will be able to answer you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t know, but welcome on SADboard.

Wherabouts are you? In the UK, I may be wrong, I believe its only ever been available on TV as a satellite systems service, but elsewhere it’s available on broadcast networks, small local stations, as well as to satellite system subscribers.

Here in Vancouver, BC, Canada, I can receive it just with antenna — broadcast from a local station — as well as with cable (UPN satellite feed).

Sorry for not answering your question — the answers to such questions usually boil down to money.

Anonymous

hello,
    don’t know if you’ve found out what you want to know yet, but this is what i found out about transmission times for Enterprise (apart from in the US) from the latest Star Trek magazine-
    UK- Season 4 is likely to start screening on Sky One in early 2005 (this seems about right- from past experience, the previous seasons have started airing early in the year, so i generally start keeping an eye on the schedules from January onwards- usually monday at 8pm, but i’d check the rest of the week, just in case). Apparently CH4 hasn’t announced any plans yet, but is expected to start screening S3 in January
    Australia- S3 is on channel 9 on wednesday
    NZ- Prime Television NZ apparently are highly unlikely to be buying another series of Enterprise. (miserable gits!!!)
    Europe- Germany- Sat 1, France- Jimmy, Spain- Calle 13

hope this helps! ๐Ÿ™‚

Greetings: 8)
    I would say that if your local dish service carries your local channels AND if you have a UPN affilliate then you’re in luck! Otherwise your local dish service quite possably carries a UPN affilliate from another city, but it may cost a little extra. ๐Ÿ˜ก

Anonymous

If you cant wait, heres a web site entirely devoted to Star Trek Torrents.

http://niteshdw.dyndns.org/index.php

Newer, season 4 episodes can be found here.

http://btefnet.net/

I myself am extremly grateful to SkyTV for airing Stargate and Battlestar Glactica episodes months before they hit Sci-Fi. I absolutely refuse to pay for cable TV, its not even worth a discounted promo price.

PS
    Enterprise gets really good in Season 3, and takes off in Season 4. However, Battlestar Galactica kicks Star Trek square in the nuts, Edward James Olmos is freaking great!

lizard
    Participant

I think that enterprise has just been Cancelled! It wasn’t that bad, I wonder if they will fill in with another SF show in it’s place.

echo
    Participant

I didn’t think it was very good. It was too much like a soap opera and I don’t think it was true to Gene Rodenbarry’s vision. I didn’t like DS-9 for the same reasons. I think the vision got corrupted along the way. And some of the episodes I saw were obviously written by people who had never watched Star Trek or TNG and didn’t have an appreciation for the context. And all that time machine stuff – yeesh, what a cop out. Just my two cents.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.