Eureka – What do you think?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Eureka – What do you think?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

We gave a breif review in SadCAST 7 but haven’t heard yet from any of you guys. What did you think?

Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Anonymous

Well the poll is missing a third option. Not sure what that should be though.

Seen 4 episodes and for the most part its ok, the only problem I have with sci-fi shows these days is the producers tend to weigh the cast down the super hot guys or gals thinking the entire audience are nothing but ugly nerds.

I have a feeling that the show will run out of steam fast.

ranthony
    Participant

http://ranthonysteele.blogspot.com/2006/08/eureka.html

I’ve managed to catch most of the episodes of this new offering from SciFi so far. I’ve found it quite the most enjoyable bit of television viewing that I’ve stumbled across in a long time. It’s also one of the few shows that I feel comfortable letting the kids watch with me.

I liked the approach of the show introduced in the pilot, and they’ve stuck with it in the episodes I’ve watched. The lead character (Jack Carter, played by Colin Ferguson) is an average Joe who is presented with unbelievable events that he has to make sense of as the episode progresses. You see this never normal town of Eureka, inhabited by geniuses and inventors, through his eyes, allowing you to make the journey from disbelief to understanding with him. Colin Ferguson’s delivery as the straight man in a comedy sketch seems to work perfectly as his character attempts to make sense of the apparently chaotic mess that Eureka is always threatening to become.

Mixed in with the usual SciFi fare is the occasional tidbit of hard science and philosophy. I recommend it. In fact, I mention my interest in the show now, because SciFi will be re-airing the episodes that they’ve shown to date, next Wednesday starting at 4:00 pm. Just in case you want to catch up on the ones you’ve missed.

Additional: SciFi has been airing the episodes out of order. Check the episode numbers[/url] for the correct watching sequence. You’d think they’d learn from the mistakes of other networks (Fox and Firefly springs immediately to mind) but perhaps not.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.