Fav 5 villian catch phrases

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Fav 5 villian catch phrases

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    edbo
    Participant

Hey that fav 5 villians was fun! How about fav 5 villian catch phrases? I’ll start: 1. “I’ll be back” from the ‘Terminator’ Who could imagine that line launching a career for a guy who could hardly pronounce it? Now he’s my governor. 2. “It’s alive! It’s alive!” original ‘Frankerstein’ 3. “I’m your father….” Darth Vader ‘Star Wars’ 4. “Rosebud” I still don’t know what that means. 5. “We don’t need no stinkin’ badges!” Ok, ok, it’s not sci-fi, but it’s damned catching! Who’s next? Sleepless in Corona. Edbo

Anonymous
    Inactive

I really like your choices, Edbo. No doubt I would’ve chosen some of them if you hadn’t written them down first. Here are some of mine:

5. The Number 2s from the Prisoner, “We want information, information, information.”

4. “I’m just a mean green mothah from outer space” (Little Shop of Horrors).

3. “Hello, pretty-pretty!” (The Great Tyrant From Barbarella)

2. The Daleks from Dr. Who: “Eterminate, exterminate.”

1. And my number one villainous catch-phrase must be the evil, maniacal laugh from countless villians: “Bwahaha!”

Incidentally, my number 4 choice reminds me of one of the best-known non-villianous catch-phrases: “Don’t make me angry; you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry” (Dr. Banner from The Incredible Hulk)

Most notable entries go to the Star Trek franchise’s Borg’s “Resistance is futile,” and to Alex DeLarge from Clockwork Orange with, “Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, ya eunuch jelly thou!”

Edit: ‘Nother notable entry should be The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz… “I’m melting, I’m melting!” And I’m sure the aforementioned Great Tyrant’s line was indebted to the witch’s quote, “Well, my little pretty, I can cause accidents too!”

edbo
    Participant

Kudos, Logan! Your choices took the catch phrases, right out of my mouth! Come on, who’s next? Quit ‘viewing’ and start pounding that keyboard…..(pahleeeeeas)!

Nebagram
    Participant

The Borg: “resistance is Futile.” Sums them up nicely, I feel. 😈

Daleks: “Exterminate.” Again, so simple a catchphrase, so frightening a reality.

Chang (Star Trek 6): “To be or not to be” in Klingon. When bad guys start quoting Shakepseare, you KNOW they’re gonna get it. 😈

Bender (Futurama): “Bite my shiny metal ass!”- Not a villain but you could hardly describe him as a hero, could you? 😛

Roy (Blade Runner): “If you could see what I’ve seen with your eyes…”- sends a chill down my spine every time.

Fatguy
    Participant

“To Serve Man” – from the Twilight Zone/Outer limits – has two different meanings….. 8) Can’t think of any others that have not been stated before…..

lexxrobotech
    Participant

WAIT!!!

The dead do not pooh – Kai from Lexx.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, I couldn’t resist adding some additional villainous quotes (many are not particularly well-known catch-phrases)…

“Prepare to die!” (numerous villains)

“I vant to suck your blood” (Count Dracula).

“We’re gonna do this the Scanner way. I’m gonna suck your brain dry!” (Darryl Revok from Scanners)

“Igor, fetch more brains” (Dr. Frankenstein).

“Brains … more brains!” (Return of the Living Dead).

“I’m just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual Transylvania” (Frank N. Furter, The Rocky Horror Picture Show).

“We offered them order!” — Khan, Space Seed, Star Trek TOS.

“Remove the earth woman. Prepare her for our pleasure!” (Ming the Merciless, Flash Gordan”.

“Pathetic Earthlings!” (Ming).

“Welcome Humans! I am ready for you” (Box, Logan’s Run).

“All this trouble over a fat little man in a red suit ” (Voldar, Santa Clause Conquers the Martians”)

“Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!” (Toady, Mad Max 2 aka The Road Warrior).

The “bad guy” from Heart of Darkness and Apocalypse Now’s not so villainous saying, “The horror, the horror.”

The psychotic, murderous madman, Jack Torrence from The Shining: “Here’s Johnny” — Also attributed to Johnny Carson’s evil sidekick Ed McMahon.

And what about the villains from Monty Python?

“We are the Knights Who Say ‘Ni’!… Ni! Ni! Ni, Ni!” (the Knights Who Say Ni from Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

“We are now the Knights Who Say ‘Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoop-boing-goodem-zoo-owli-zhiv’” (The Knights Who Formerly Said Ni).

Evil French Guard: “I don’t wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fa*t in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!” (The Holy Grail)

“I have a vewy good fwiend in Wome named Biggus…” (Pilate, The Life of Brian)

nursewhen
    Participant

1. I’ll get you Penelope Pitstop! – The hooded Claw

2. I’m sorry Dave, I can’t do that – Hal 9000 – 2001

3. No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die – Goldfinger – Goldfinger

4. A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti. – Silence of the Lambs

5. I’m melting! Melting! – Wicked Witch of the West – Wizard of Oz

Headgehog
    Participant

Cool quotes! I’ve added a bunch to the random quote generator on the main page.

Logan wrote:

“I’m just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual Transylvania” (Frank N. Furter, The Rocky Horror Picture Show).

A lot of people could and will argue with you that Frank isn’t a villian. 😉 😛

Anonymous

“Never rub another mans rhubarb.” -Joker

Only one I can think of I’ve actually used.

Anonymous
    edbo wrote:

4. “Rosebud” I still don’t know what that means

Not sure Kane qualifies as a villain…

fluffy bunny
    Participant

One I find myself quoting quite often:

Impressive, most impressive. But you are not a jedi yet.

—————–

Am I not merciful? AM I NOT MERCIFUL

Commodus- Gladiator

—————-

Choose your next witticism carefully, Mr. Bond. It may be your last. — Auric Goldfinger

streudel
    Participant

O.K., some of these are just quotes and not catch phrases, but anyhoo…

Envelope and drumroll please…

Number 5: ” I’ll get you my pretty! And your little dog, Toto, too! ” -The Wicked Witch of The West

Number 4: ” I’m good with pain. ” -Prince

Number 3: ” I bid you…extinction. ” -The Gigashadow

Number 2: ” God Bless America. ” -George Bush

And the number one villian phrase in my book:

” I didn’t get rich by writing checks. ” -Bill Gates as he muscles in on Homer’s internet business on an episode of the Simpsons. 😆

Shrapnel_Jack
    Participant

Some of my favorites, in no particular order…

You Homosapiens and your guns…

Ian McKellen, X-Men

If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes!

-Rutger Hauer, Blade Runner

No time for the old in-out, love, I’ve just come to read the meter.

-Malcolm MacDowell, A Clockwork Orange

Nuns… No sense of humor.

-Clancy Brown (the kurgan), Highlander

shadowolf
    Participant

Oh where to begin, there are so many good ones. Many of them already mentioned I might add. 🙂

“you’re a god among insects, Never let anyone tell you different”
    (Ian McKellen as Magneto – X-men 2)

“End of line”
    (David Warner as MCP – Tron)

“Irrelevant.”
    (Borg, I’ve lost count how many times)

“Very funny DuMont, maybe I should keep you around just to make me laugh”
    (David Warner as Sark – Tron)

“There, there. It’s okay. You’re not going to have to cry much longer.”
    (Tricia Helfer as 6 – Battlestar Galactica)

Woa .. that took longer than I expected. I must be damaged. 😳 0

theFrey
    Participant

“You think you’re all that and a bag of chips” – Dr. Draken, Kim Possible.

kokopelli
    Participant

“Hereeeees Johnny! ” Jack Nicholson “The Shining”

Dr. Who
    —————————————-
    Exterminate!!!!” (pronounced somewhat like “EX-TER-MIN-ATE!”)
    various Daleks

“What a wonderful butler, he’s so violent!”

Outer Limits:

“What difference does it make, whether it’s 20 minutes or 20 years, since neither amounts to the faintest echo of the tiniest whisper in the thunder of time. ”

“Better to die than to sit and watch the world die. “

shadowolf
    Participant

“But what it comes down to is, who’s holding the umbrella”
    (Danny De Vito as Penguin – Batman Returns

Hollydays
    Participant

“Oh Knights who until recently said Ni! We beseech you….”
    (as in the following are not really catch phrases but…)

The Princess Bride:
    Count Rugen has invited Humperdinck to watch Westley being tortured
    Prince Humperdinck: Tyrone, you know how much I love watching you work. But I’ve got my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I’m swamped.
    Count Rugen: Get some rest. If you haven’t got your health, you haven’t got anything.
    (Vizzini’s rant about the poisioned wine is also a fav)

Austin Powers, I.M.O.M.
    Dr. Evil: “I’ve got a whole bag of Shush, with your name on it…”

Beast Wars
    “Waspenator rip you a new waste disposal unit…” Waspenator

Darkwing Duck:
    Darkwing: If you want to be a villain, you have to think like a villain. You ARE a villain!
    Comet Guy: I ARE a villain!
    Darkwing: I AM a villain…
    Comet Guy: Uh…but I thought I was supposed to be the villain?

LOTR
    “My Precious…” Gollum

-and that was when the fit hit the shan…

YOWAYYO
    Participant

5. “How Peculiar…”- Mantrid, from Lexx

4. “Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagus the Wise?”- Chancellor Palpatine to Anakin Skywalker in SW III- Revenge of the Sith

3. “I find your lack of faith disturbing.”- Darth Vader to unsuspecting Emperial Officer in SW IV- A New Hope

2. “I have such wonders to show you.”- Pinhead, Hellraiser’s I – X (?)

1. “Excellent.”- C. Montgomery Burns, The Simpsons

Berzerker
    Participant

5. “How can I help you Clark?” – Lex Luther on Smallville (He says this so much on Smallville you could make it into a drinking game.)

4.”Bah, Dr. Doom doesn’t need a catch phrase.” – Dr. Doom of the Fanstastic Four

3. “Freedom is on the march.” – Dubya

2. The souds the Penguin makes from Batman.

1. “And I would’ve gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for those meddling kids.” – Every single Scooby Doo villian… ever.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.