For those who are interested…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Farscape For those who are interested…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kog
    Participant

i just found out that Farscape is comming back in a 4 part minni series in october 2004!! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

El_Coul
    Participant

maybe you could get some info about it in the Farscape forum on this board? ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

I moved it to the right forum, no worries 8) (I think I did anyway, but gave me an error)

Yes, I for one am quite excited!

There’s some more info here if you’re interested, it’s called Farscape: Peacekeeper War

Which to me seems to indicate Skarons, but we’ll see =)

Was quite the subject around here back in April when it was announced

I

theFrey
    Participant

Your wish is my command. ;D

TV: Feverish fan support can keep struggling programs afloat

Vince Horiuchi
    Salt Lake Tribune columnist

The science fiction series “Farscape” is another example of successful campaigning. The SCI FI Channel is bringing it back in a miniseries after an obsessive effort by fans from across the Internet.

“Farscape” also shows that the Web, a communication canvas that wasn’t around at the time of the original “Star Trek,” can be a powerful tool for the TV-show supporter.

Cyndi Buchanan and her family drove from Sacramento to pick up two foals for a nonprofit called Mustang MAGIC, which pairs at-risk youth with rescue horses. The foals are a gift from a group called WatchFarscape, originally organized to save the late lamented sci-fi show from oblivion; the group has a program of donating horses to therapeutic riding programs.

The Farscapers raised the money to adopt the two foals, naming them Talyn and Crichton’s Spirit. After Buchanan heard about their program on the Web and made contact, WatchFarscape donated the pair to Mustang MAGIC. Buchanan and her kids had never heard of the TV show before, but on horse-delivery day, they were all wearing Farscape T-shirts.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2004/05/28/PNGFB6Q5R81.DTL

Anonymous

That’s a bit forgiving to Sci-Fi since, to my knowledge, they aren’t actually financing it at all outside of paying for the right to broadcast it. The Henson family bought back their company from EMTV, and then sold off “The Muppets” and “Bear in the Big Blue House” to Disney, preumably to finance the takeover and the new production work. Hopefully they miniseries will spark more outside financing for renewed production of the series.

theFrey
    Participant

Sold the Muppets into Disney slavery!?! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

The Dastards! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.