futurama

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Just wondering if anyone here is a fan of Futurama. It hasn’t been mentioned on the board so maybe it isn’t available yet in the UK but I think i’m liking it even more than the simpsons.

Anyways, my favourite characters are professor farnsworth and richard nixon.

——————
    —————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

[This message has been edited by bugblatterbeast (edited August 07, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by bugblatterbeast (edited August 07, 2001).]

Anonymous

I am also a fan of futurama. Whilst it started on shaky ground I think it’s really gone from strength to strength.

I must confess to a weakness for Bender despite him being a robotic Homer Simpson!

Leela is also top!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by The Pondermatic:
    I am also a fan of futurama. Whilst it started on shaky ground I think it’s really gone from strength to strength.

Me too. It did start off pretty badly, but few first episodes of *any* show, especially a comedy, ever fire on all cylinders. It always takes a while for the writers to settle in a groove, and the Futurama staffers have done a great job developing the show.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Can not go out on sunday nite, must watch Futurama. We can only hope our future is as funny this is. Would write more but have been on to long, more in a coulpe of days

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by The Pondermatic:

I must confess to a weakness for Bender despite him being a robotic Homer Simpson!

i think this is true too. To add to that my friend bob mentioned that he thought homer had been dichotomized into bender and fry.

——————
    —————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

Anonymous

i never saw the show as i didnt have sky 1 until a few months ago, so ive never seen the first episode, although what i have watched it pretty good but not as good as the Simpsons.

——————
    “Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.
    “No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!”
    “Its heading for his testicles”
    “Take it, take the leg!!!”

[email protected]

Anonymous

I love Futurama- I like Dr Zoidberg

‘Did you see me escaping I was like Wub, wub, wub’

‘Yay, I’m useful’

‘Yay, I’m popular’

Funiest character ever- The Professor is good and Kif

‘Kif show them my medal’
    ‘Uh’ Pointing at medal

‘Kif follow me up this ladder’
    Looking up Zap’s skirt ‘Oh Jeez’

——————
    “No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free.” G’Kar (The Long Twilight Struggle)
    Spike as Rachel – “Oh, how can I ever thank you, you mysterious black-clad hunk-of-a-knight thing?”
    Spike as Angel -“No need, little lady. Your tears of gratitude are enough for me… You see… I was once a bad-ass vampire… but love — and a pesky curse — defanged me, and now, I’m just a BiiiiiiiGG FLUFF-Y PUPP-Y with BAD TEETH! No, not the hair… Never the hair…”
    As Rachel – “But there must be some way I can show my appreciation…”
    As Angel – “No, no… helping those in need’s my job… And working up a load of sexual frustration, and prancing away like a *magnificent poof* is *truly* thanks enough…”
    As Rachel – “I understand… I have a nephew who’s gay, so…”
    As Angel – “Say no more! Evil is still afoot… And I’m almost out of that Nancy-boy hair gel I like so much. Quickly! To the Angel-mobile! Away!” Spike

Anonymous

I think Futurama is great. Favorite episode- Robot Hell, with that big show number
    ‘Maybe he’s back at the motel’

DalekTek790
    Participant

I’m a Futurama fan. Yeah, Zoidberg is really funny. He’s my favorite character. Zapp Brannigan is a great Captain Kirk parody.

Zapp: We’re headed into an uncharted region of space!

Kiff: It’s not uncharted, you lost the charts!

They even made fun of Lexx in the episode Cryonic Woman.

Fry: So, why did you have yourself frozen?

Guy: Well, I wanted to meet Shakespeare, and I figured time was cyclical.

Fry: Nope, straight line.

The hilarity! If I remember correctly, back in the days of the old Board somebody named Lorien tried to get SadGeezer to put up a Futurama guide. It didn’t work, of course.

All glory to the Hypno-Toad!

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Yeah, I remember that.

It’s a damn shame too. I’d love to do a Futurama Guide, but the humour is soooo cool it’d be like the Red Dwarf Guide (jokes are too funny so you can’t generally add humour to it). The RD Guide is more a collection of synopses.

My fave character buy the way is Layla. That eye is really sexy

——————

Anonymous

Futurama rules, baby! Who could need more than crustaceus sapiens and an endless supply of liquor? Any smartassed replies can just bend over (with a little help from me) and BITE MY SHINY METAL ASS!

Anonymous

It’s been a long time since they showed Futurama here in Australia, but when it was on I was religiously glued to the TV… D r Zoidberg rulz!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.