Garfield ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Anyone seen this yet? I am thinking of making theSpouse go see it with me this weekend. The previews looked good, but ya never know.

While Garlfield was not my first cartoon Cat Crush (that would be Top Cat and the Kilban Cats) he has always has a spot in my heart….

but hey, how could ya not love a cat that likes lasana, hates dogs and is an olympic napper. ๐Ÿ˜€

Oh, and doesn’t shed or require box maintenance. ๐Ÿ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant

Okay, saw the Movie…. Me? I liked it. I though they did an excellent job of animating Garfield. Very beleivable, yet at the same time it retained it cartoonish aspects.

Bill Murray did an excellent job of doing the voice. I just loved his tired cynic in the fat cat. Breckin Meyer who played Jon looks very much like a young Noah Wyle, Priates of silicon Valley – Steve Jobs. He did a good job of playing straight man to a cartoon.

Was it thrilling? No.
    Did theSpouse fall asleep? Yep
    Did all the kids in the audience seem to love it? Yep yep.
    Would I pay to see it again? No.
    Will I buy the DVD when it comes out? Yes.
    Did theSpouse start snoring? Oh yea. Loud.
    Did I enjoy myself while watching it? Yes, very much.

This movie was a cartoon brought to life. The jokes and humour were for the most part very gentle. While I think Bill Murray could have run with a more scathing script… I am not sure it would have been true to the comic version. And this was, very much. If you like the comic strip, you will like this. If you want to see the simeese cat from across the street, leap into the air and take out the doberman like something out of Matrix… stay home. ;D Or at least warn your partner, that they will have to be on snore alert. ;D

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.