Getting Looneys of a planet…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Getting Looneys of a planet…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Codename 47
    Participant

I agree the concept of this story does sound fascinating indeed, but it is a bit of a problem to find a plaussible way (yeah right, as if)to get such an inhomogenious group of characters on a spaceship, and sendt into no where
    The first way that comes to my mind is one that is VERY simmilar to one in Douglas Adams HHGTTG (where all the telephone sanitisers and hairdressers are shipped into space): Maybe the earth is getting over crowded and the leaders of the United Teritories Of The Whole Wide World (UTOTWX3 for short) deceide to send all the useless geeks into space on a “Mission of Colonization, and outer world peace” where they get to utilze all those “special skills” they have??
    Kind of like drafting for the US-army eh?
    “Be all you can be”

Just a thought, come back with ideas

——————
    C-Space, The Net… All names for places that seem real, yet do not exist. Do we? I exist in the spaces of the minds of those around me, as they too, exist in the space of my mind. A self-recursive rutine, continuesly defining reality from comparrison to itself, never reaching count zero. Do we exist? Don’t ask me… I’m all in your head.

Anonymous

What about…a group of aliens attempt to compromise world security so they can take over. But first they must remove from Earth all of the elements that might be hindrances to their plans. They send scouts whom happen upon a scifi convention. Hearing all the scifi-babble, they mistakenly believe it’s a gathering of top minds on the planet. So, after organizing the ‘ultimate global scifi convention,’ in order to lure all the geeks into one venue, the alien scouts kidnap/transport/beam-up all the convention goers. Then, after they realize they’ve made a terrible mistake and, fearful of what will happen to them if their superiors find out, the aliens just ditch their hostages and go about their business, leaving the geekship and its inhabitants on their own in space. Huh? Huh?

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

Codename 47
    Participant

He He BlackCloud, i love that one, but instead of beaming them up, they might just lure peeps straight in to the ship itself (hence the malfunctioning “Holodeck”) save rescources? Then we can always have some klingoon rant sci-fi bable at the ships computer, filling up its memory banks, so when those nasty alien types ditch the ship, the puter malfunctions and takes on the form it will have in the series?
    Just random thouights

Nox
    Participant

What about a sci-fi celebrity getting kidnapped and his/her only hope is…guess who? Eveything can be combined. Maybe the leaders of the world could spread a rumour about it to get us morons off the planet?

Geek: ” Thank goodness I had you to talk with. These travels are SO long without someone I can tell Lexx anecdotes.”

The poor victim: ” Look! Over there! It’s Michael Macmanus! They are taking him!”

Codename 47
    Participant

Hehe Nox why not. Strangely enough it seems that this thread is only commented by the lexx peeps (Me being a lexxian too). Are we really the only creative geeks around?

——————
    C-Space, The Net… All names for places that seem real, yet do not exist. Do we? I exist in the spaces of the minds of those around me, as they too, exist in the space of my mind. A self-recursive rutine, continuesly defining reality from comparrison to itself, never reaching count zero. Do we exist? Don’t ask me… I’m all in your head.

Anonymous

That, or we’re the only ones thinking of leaving the planet.

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.