Here’s an interesting read

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Angst Here’s an interesting read

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dgrequeen
    Participant

Ever think about the Crucial Flaw in Sci-Fi?
    http://charlesmurtaugh.blogspot.com/%5B/url%5D

Anonymous

Another ‘Well, I’ll be…’ thing on the net today. That ties in with the idea of “Life” for an overall theme of the lexx s5 game.

It would be interesting to pull that off.

In case your wondering, the other ‘Well, I’ll be…” thing is that the moon will be full on Saturday. Seems to make the inmates a little buggy.

Flamegrape
    Participant

This guy who wrote this article (or whatever it is) is just another creepy cynic. Gee, what else is new in sci-fi fandom?

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Praxilla:
    Another ‘Well, I’ll be…’ thing on the net today. That ties in with the idea of “Life” for an overall theme of the lexx s5 game.

Didn’t I bring up that idea? Ah yes, here it is, from the I don’t care: I can’t take it any longer! thread:

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    During the entire run of Lexx, death has been a major theme. Kai was the prime example.

It seems to me that a fifth season or spin-off, birth and new life would be new theme. And again, this is Lexx we’re talking about. Such a theme could be addressed in weird and wacky ways.

Xev, the loveslave, toting aroung a baby wasn’t what I had in mind. It wouldn’t work with Xev’s established character. Something odd would have to happen to the baby. For example, become a “starchild” like Dave Bowman in 2001: A Space Odyssey. But Xev’s sexual nature would fit in perfectly with such a new theme for the show.

To continue with the new “life” theme to the show, as opposed to death, different fates would be in store for minor characters that appear on the show. Perhaps instead of everyone that Stan and Xev encounter getting killed in comic ways, how about each of them ending up given a bizarre fate in life that somehow suits their personalities?

Everyone keeps going on and on about how you can’t have Lexx without Kai. Well how about having further series dominated by Xev with Kai having a lesser role? Realistically, MMM doesn’t seem interested in continuing his role as Kai. But surely he could be convinced to return as a recurring character?

Anonymous

Flamegrape: yes, thank you. I couldn’t remember where that was.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.