Hitch Hikers Guide

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

At last they have put that program back on TV just because Douglas Adams died, if I had know they would do it when he died i might have killed him myself (only joking) anyway ive never seen the TV version before, ive read listen to every other version and this completes my course, in approx. 7 days i will have seen/read/listened to every episode of the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

Now where did i put my towel?

——————
    “Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.
    “No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!”
    “Its heading for his testicles”
    “Take it, take the leg!!!”

[email protected]

Anonymous

But have you read all 5 books of the trilagy(3)? Where are they showing the tv show?
    I live west coast USA and would love to see it again!!! Our tape of tv shows got wore out and the “movie” dosent show all the comments made as the tv show credits rolled by. I hope the Movie will still be made. I’m hoping when the Red Dwarf Movie comes out that it will do so well that HHG has to be done!
    Do you read Terry Pratchet? Good for a laugh.

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

yeah i used to read tp but i havnt had a chance recently at the moment im trying to get through all the star wars novels, anyway the HHG is being shown on BBC 2 so if you have BBC America im sure they will show it soon some time if they dont write in and ask them to.

——————

[email protected]

Anonymous

Thanks for the info. Have BBC Am. so I hope that they show it here.

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

How on Earth can you exist knowing that there are Terry Pratchett books out there that you haven’t read? I have the rest of his life pre-ordered with Amazon.

Anyone who puts Star wars over TP needs a good spanking.

Anonymous

Agreed.

——————
    Joe: He’s young, all right? Young people….they make mistakes.
    Methos: – Yeah, look at disco.

Anonymous

No way man TP is funny but star wars kicks ass those books r of such an amazingly high quality!!!

——————

[email protected]

Anonymous

*#@!%^$ I just spent a 1/2 hr typing a COOL REPLY to all and then pushed a wrong button and lost it!!!! To somerise- SW books ok but TP books are must read! Look for me on FS BB. HHG- is there a site to push for the movie? Long live 42! Did you do something special for your 42nd B-day? I did! Got a nipple pircered! Ouch!
    Oh oh, let people know almost how old I am. 42 was ….how long ago? Old age dose this to you, you trail off…..

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

Lol, i cant believe that u cant see what a rich universe star wars is!!!

——————

[email protected]

Anonymous

Star Wars is a rich universe but who says that it’s more rich than Discworld. Some may even consider TP’s books as deeply profound but in a satirical way. Some.

——————
    “The Minbari say. . .something really profound.” -Marcus
    (B5 blooper)

Anonymous

Star Wars is good, no argument there, but TP is a life enhancing experience. Medical boffins say that laughing makes you live longer; therefore, thanks to Rincewind, the Watch and Nanny Ogg, I’m going to live forever.

Anonymous

heres me just popping in again

——————

[email protected]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by maryavatar:
    Star Wars is good, no argument there, but TP is a life enhancing experience. Medical boffins say that laughing makes you live longer; therefore, thanks to Rincewind, the Watch and Nanny Ogg, I’m going to live forever.

I don’t know if that’s entirely a good thing. You’ll never ever get to meet Death and he’s such a nice chap who likes cats.

——————
    (B5 blooper)

Anonymous

SW has become just a machine to grab as much of your money as it can. I have read some of the books but who can afford to get all of the different story lines. They have good authers wrting them so the books are worth it but too many.
    Wasnt this supose to be about HHG? Read all 5 of those too. Wished DA could have keep his story line going like TP dose.

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

Has anyone read DA’s Dirk Gently books?
    HHGTG is diffintely coming with me in September when I move out and go to school to keep me company.

——————
    (B5 blooper)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by tolandria:
    Has anyone read DA’s Dirk Gently books?
    HHGTG is diffintely coming with me in September when I move out and go to school to keep me company.

i like the dirk gently series. It’s too bad there’s only 2 books. I find the plots are even more complicated and bizarre than hhgttg. It makes it great for re-reading.

i like holistic detective agency best.

——————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

Anonymous

No way! It has to be TLDTTOTS: even the title is better.

I have to confess to having a viking fetish now.

DalekTek790
    Participant

This T.V. special I saw on Douglas Adams said he had notes on a possible sixth installment to the Hitchhiker trilogy. Am I the only one who would love to see those?

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

THe 6th HH novel was the be ‘Salmon of Doubt’ and they are reconstructing reflections from his computer. They will be releasing this in a book, along with the hitchhiker screenplay.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    THe 6th HH novel was the be ‘Salmon of Doubt’ and they are reconstructing reflections from his computer. They will be releasing this in a book, along with the hitchhiker screenplay.

All right!

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.