How about a SadGathering at SciFiLondon3?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff How about a SadGathering at SciFiLondon3?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Who would like to be part of a sadgeezer.com event at SciFiLondon3 in February?

It’s a long time since Brit Sci Fi SadGeezers have been able to get together at decent event. Who is up for a gathering at the Sci Fi London3 event in February 2004.

There are lots of things we could do, and maybe even list the help of the SadGeezers and Lady SadGeezers who organised such a large gathering at DragonCon earlier this year.

I’m really keen on this – Me and Newkate would love to meet you guys!

Anonymous

I just posted this on the Sci-Fi-London.com forum. The post was a reply to a post entitled: “Super-obscure/insane/cult film suggestions!”

How about Kin Dza Dza!!

It’s the greatest Cult Sci Fi Film that nobody has heard about! It was made in Russia in 1986 and is stunning (nothing like Stalker or Solaris). It’s a Sci Fi comedy about…. hmm. Well, you can read up on it Internet Movie DataBase (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0091341/usercomments) they are much better at discribing it than I am.

Or, if yer desperate to see it, I and the missus have fansubbed it and I’ve put it on my server. If yer interested, you can download it from http://www.sadgeezer.net

I’d love to see this film showcased at London3 – it’s wonderful! It’s not looking likely though – I spoke to Louis on the phone a few days ago and even HE hadn’t heard of it ๐Ÿ™

FX
    Participant

london in february?! sheesh, i guess it can’t be any worse than london in june or july (i saw you guys in july and was still wearing sweaters and a jacket, so i guess adding a coat wouldn’t be such a big deal ๐Ÿ™„ )…well, depends on finances i suppose, who else is up for it? will cat come down? frey could visit her nieces…i dunno, this is starting to appeal…

nursewhen
    Participant

Sounds like fun, I’ll have to see if Dr When wants to go.

Anonymous

I spoke to Louis Savy (one o fthe organisers) today and it looks like we will have a venue for welcomiing and meeting other Sci Fi SadGeezers at the event.

The event seems to be organised around the screening of a large number of sci fi films (some of them cult and some not so cult). But there are areas in the cinemas for instance that can be booked and used for sadgeezer activities. Better still, this place can be used to screen cool sadgeezer favourites like LEXX!

How about we approach the LEXX mob in Canada and see if any of them fancy a trip to London in sunny February!? ๐Ÿ™‚

In particular, I’d love to get Lex Gigeroff down there or even the oricle himself, Paul Donovan to talk about how LEXX was made and you know, the usual behind the scenes stuff. We could organise it as a free event for all LEXX fans. (I’m thinking of doing the same for Kin Dza Dza but tht is a little scary since nobody has heard of it).

Do any of you know how I could contact som eof the actors like Brian, Xenia, Michael etc. I’ll speak to Paul Donovan about seeing if we can get a big screen copy of LEXX ‘I Worship his Shadow’ and Lex’s contact email.

Any help with organising would be much appreciated!

nursewhen
    Participant

Brian has his own website with a message board which he visits quite regularly. Brian’s Board[/url] Here’s his e-mail address [email protected]

Anonymous

exactly when, where, how much? if i know exactly where i’m likely to be going, staying, transport, etc, etc, i’d be interested! ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

If you go to the http://www.sci-fi-london.com/ website, it’ll give you lots of info.

In terms of what we will be doing, where and when. I guess that’s not decided yet. More importantly, it’s up to peeps like us.

Fatguy
    Participant

Actually, I would not mind going just to meet some of these people I have associated with all these years. Sadly, my job and expenses keep this meeting at bay…..

Maurice

nursewhen
    Participant

Well Dr When seems quite interested, so hopefully, we’ll be there ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.