I watched `Supernova, last Saturday

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx I watched `Supernova, last Saturday

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    Last Saturday, after watched the Stanley Cup Playoffs Quarterfinals, I watched, `Supernova’ & found it very appealing, interesting & great to watch. Now I know where Kai’s people came from; they came from the Dark Universe on a planet called Brunnis; the planet was run by a supernova held in place by controls that were on Brunnis.
    When Kai was still in his cryopod, regenerating, both Stan & Zev were in the main room of the Lexx looking for a planet to live on; in the meantime, Giggerota, was in the Divine Predessors hallway eating the brains of the Divine Predessors; then she went into Kai’s chamber to open his cryopod when Stan & Zev came in & stopped her from opening it. So, she decided that she was going to eat them before opening Kai’s cryopod; 1st she was going to eat Stan then Zev; then Kai used his brace to stop her from eating them; Stan, Kai & Zev tied her up with the Divine Predessors & went to Kai’s ancesstrial home planet of Brunnis.
    When they got there & had Lexx land on the planet, it looked deserted, but had high structures that were very tall; they went into a building, that on the outside, looked like a face, & was met by a ghostly figure that called himself Poet Man; he told them about the different rooms to enter when Zev found 1 that said something about life & thought about Kai before she entered; Kai followed her. Stan panicked & picked another 1 to go through, only to realize that it wasn’t the 1 that both Zev & Kai had entered.
    In the meantime, Giggerota had freed herself & started eating the brains of the Divine Predessors when they told her about the key & where to find Stan; they had also told her that all she needed was Stan’s hand to start the Lexx, so she went to where Stan was in a Moth.
    During that time, both Kai & Zev found themselves on a table in a room with a saw; Kai was sliced in 2 & Zev was about to be. When Giggerota found Stan & rescued him, she took him to the control room & pushed a button that would start the Supernova; Stan pulled the button out & Giggerota kept pushing it back in, each time stopping Zev getting sawed in 2. After Giggerota had left & both Stan & Giggerota had to found both Kai & Zev, Gigga went back to start the Supernova & went back to the Lexx with Stan’s hand.
    As Stan was trying to find his friends, Giggerota was trying to take off in the Lexx; Stan met up with an image of a Priestess & told him where to find his friends. After he fould his friends & tried to save Zev & bring Kai’s innerds back to him, Kai used his brace to get Stan down & put himself back together. Then the 3 went into the control room to try to stop the Supernonva, but couldn’t; so, they got themselves out of there. When they got outside, the 3 of them were spoken to by a star, thanking them for the chain reaction; both Kai & the star spoke to each other, then the 3 of them went back to the Lexx in a Moth.
    As this was happening, Giggerota went back to the planet for a show, ending up dead. As the star was going Supernova, Stan to told the Lexx to get out of there; then Kai went to his cryopod & spoke to Zev, quietly. He told her that he wanted to be with her, then closed his cryopod.
    I would recommend that you don’t eat while watching the 2nd Lexx movie; it has some parts that might make you ill. This is a great movie & I highly recommend it for any Lexx fan; our trio goes to Kai’s ancestrial home plaet, which is quite interesting. I don’t know when I’ll be watching the next movie, `Eating Pattern’, but when I do, I’ll write about it & let you know what I think of it.
    Take care & have a nice April & great Easter.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

Supernova is BY FAR, my favorite Lexx movie. Others might not feel the same way, but after seeing every minute of Lexx, Supernova is the movie you can always come back to and say “Awww”. The scene between Zev and Hologram Kai after they enter the Burst of Life always gets to me, one of the best and saddest scenes in Lexx.

There’s lotsa other stuff in there to talk and argue about too, like Giggy and her tongue (Seemed similar to Vlad, almost like Giggy was a failed experiment) We see Stan finally being a bit of a man, helping his crewmates. And Kai begins to evolve as a character, even putting his arm around Zev as the sun goes Nova.

As for Blue Star, there was tons of arguement over that thing =) That is until Paul Donovan was asked “What was the deal with blue-star, is it <Enter you theory here>?”

PD: We just thought a talking star would be kinda cool.

Or something like that =)

We also get another glimpse into the Time Prophet raising the question:

How the heck did Kai’s people (on Brunnis 1) visit her from the Dark Zone?

Since it’s fairly clear from Vlad and IWHS that she existed in the Light Universe.

The time prophet is still one of the big mysteries to Lexx imo =) I think Brigadoom held the answer when we saw a stationary TimeProphet on a pedestal, then another came from behind the pedestal in a more sinister way, then when Vlad was deprived of Proto-Blood who do we find but the TP again. So perhaps Vlad is/was/will be the Time Prophet, then again PD might just say

We thought a talking Vlad would be cool! =) But Ill continue to think it’s all connected somehow

Anonymous

Supernova is not my favorite movie, but it grew on me and it actually does have some of my favorite Lexx scenes. There’s real emotional development among the characters and I like the way it’s just shown with small gestures rather than having to listen to the characters emote about it.

๐Ÿ˜• I don’t know why people get so upset about the talking stars–they’re cool!!

Regarding the Time Prophet, I still think there’s no reason she couldn’t exist in a place “outside” of time, accessible both to the light and the dark universe if you can find the gateway. It would help explain why she was around for thousands of years. Of course conversely, you could say that she was tied to the Brunnen-g culture, when they moved into the light zone, she moved her moon there too :wink:. As far as we know the Divine Shadow didn’t go to see her until after he had absorbed Kai’s memories, that may be the first he knew of her existence. (What I really think is that the writers just didn’t reason it through all that carefully. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ )

I haven’t watched the movies for a while. I think I’ll schedule a Series 1 marathon for the holiday weekend.

And Jhevz–at least you can enjoy the Stanley Cup series–the Rangers didn’t make it again this year (6th year in a row!!!!!:roll:). And now Detroit is out of it too–another of my favorites. Definitely Lexx this weekend.

elmey

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    Thanks for your posts & am glad that you’re watching Lexx this weekend; I do hope you enjoy them & not forget to eat something.

Elmey,
    I will enjoy watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs, especially at noontime; I’m going to be watching the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the tar out of the Philly Flyers, then watch another 1 at 5pm. I hope you enjoy watching the Lexx Marathon; it sounds like fun.

I’ll write a post about `Eating Pattern’ as soon as I watch it (whenever that will be) & let you know what I think of it.
    Take care & have a nice April & Easter.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.