I’M DESPERATE! Please help

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff I’M DESPERATE! Please help

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I’m really sorry to do this, but the board problems and the backlog of episode reviews is causing me terrible time problems in keeping the site up to date in terms of Sci Fi News.

As you know, I have lots of news feeds and usually manage to put up current general sci fi (and series) news one a week or so. Unfortunately I’ve not had chance to search out useful snippets of stuff for a while.

I was wondering therefore, if some of you sci fi sadgeezers out there would like to bevcome reporters and report news items that you think our relevant to visitors.

I have a basic news software programme that is moderately easy to use and can set serious reporters up with an account.

If you are interested (and it nmormally only involves entering a heading, url and a sentence of text) please email me at:
    [email protected] (subject SadNEWS).

Thanks

——————

Anonymous

I’d love to, really, but i have to see how my schedule develops. I’m already an administrator and writer for JROTC and I have to do reasearch for the upcoming debate of GW’s decision on stem cell research for this friday and start learning my lines for the play and learn the cyrillic alphabet and 25 kanji. and ohmygod today was just the first day of school. i’ll give you a definite by tomorrow, if my head doesn’t explode.

——————
    spooooon

dead thing pie!

Much Madness is divinest Sense-
    To a discerning Eye-
    Much Sense-the starkest Madness-
    ‘Tis the Majority
    In this, as All, prevail-
    Assent-and you are sane-
    Demur-you’re straightaway dangerous-
    And handled with a Chain-
    – Emily Dickinson

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited August 27, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by brainplague:
    …and learn the cyrillic alphabet..

My little problem pales into insignificance to yours! Learning the cyrillic alphabet will take you a month at least!

Maybe you could help when you’ve learned to pronounce ‘bl’

——————

Anonymous

Well i would do it but Ive got so many half completed projects around my computer im afraid i might just screw the whole thing up or forget about it. If you are really desperate and no one else can do it i suspose i could do it.

——————
    “Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.
    “No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!”
    “Its heading for his testicles”
    “Take it, take the leg!!!”

[email protected]

Anonymous

i can handle it! really! i got in my order of super extra extra strength aspirin. My head’s sure not to explode now! I’ll send an e-mail too.

as far as I can tell bl is pronounced ooie or ewi. I’m actually having more trouble with the “III,” one, it seems to be made entirely of consonants.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:

I was wondering therefore, if some of you sci fi sadgeezers out there would like to bevcome reporters and report news items that you think our relevant to visitors.

I have a basic news software programme that is moderately easy to use and can set serious reporters up with an account.

If you are interested (and it nmormally only involves entering a heading, url and a sentence of text) please email me at:
    [email protected] (subject SadNEWS).

Thanks

i’ll try being a reporter. Or maybe we could just steal scifi.com’s daily headlines.

——————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

Anonymous

unfair! i thought of it first!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by brainplague:
    unfair! i thought of it first!

Ahhh. But then you’d all be copying me

BrainPlague Thanks for your email, you are now registered officially as a sadgeezer.com reporter and your username and password giving access to the SADnews system has been sent to you along with sci fi news links and other resources. Thank you for your assistance – I look forward to your posts 🙂

If anyone else is interested, please email me.

——————

Anonymous

And Brainplague has done the business!

If you wondered what I was talking about (ie. what a SadNews Reporter would do) This is spot on!

I only wish my posts were as informative!

Thanks BP

[ 06-09-2001: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Anonymous

*preens*

Anonymous

Saddy, I’ll be glad to help out if I can, I take it your news software would find the sites of interest, if not I might get stuck, as I don’t know of too many places that can give news of Sci-fi.
    The other thing is that I only watch two of the programmes that you have on your site, so I could only add news for Andromeda and Lexx, but I still see Red Dwarf now and again, I still have a little knowledge of Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy (actually my only claim to fame came from Douglas Adams’ Dirk, I did the promotional poster work for Dirk when it played at the Oxford Apollo!!!).
    So I might be limited in what I can do, but I have plenty of time as I work from home, so I’m willing to give it a shot.
    Squishy

Hollydays
    Participant

Saddy, I don’t want to be a reporter (yuck, pooey, spit). I could help out with an episode review or two though if it would help you “catch” up. I don’t write in as entertaining way as you do, but I’ll promise to be as informative Let me know if you’re interested.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.