Just had dinner with Brian and Ellen

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Just had dinner with Brian and Ellen

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

And again, I’m convinced that the people associated with Lexx are the best anywhere! I stopped in at the collector’s convention, and chatted with them for awhile. Brian gave me a Stan poster, and Ellen gave me (another) autograph, at no charge. We wandered around a bit, but it was mostly a lot of old cowboys and obscure old-time actors. The lady who played Ensign Rand on Star Trek TOS was there. Gary Owens and Ruth Buzzi from Laugh-In were there (he was wearing the most absolutely HIDEOUS toupee I have ever seen! ) Carrie Fisher was there, though she looked like kind of a wreck. Aside from Brian and Ellen, there really wasn’t much that interested me.

We all met at Universal CityWalk a few hours later, and had a wonderful dinner (and Brian, incredibly generous guy that he is, picked up the entire tab). It was nice, because it was only maybe 10 fans, plus Brian and Ellen. They signed some more stuff, and I ended up getting a signed Stan poster, plus a Kai poster…too cool. Lots of pics too! Ellen was so cute….she was as into taking pics of us as we were of her and Brian!

Brian dropped some nice hints on the ending of Lexx, and pretty much said that the new spin-off is a sure thing! WOO HOO!!! It sounds like it’ll be some time coming, and not sure who all will be in it, but many of the actors we know and love will be offered the chance…and Jeff and Lex would stay on as writers, so it’ll still be the twisted Lexx we know and love!

Anyway, it was a great time, and we made sure that they both knew how much we love them and the show, and want MORE!!

Anonymous

This is what we call in the business …. “Good News!”

Anonymous

Wonderful post Doffy, thanks for the news!!

Anonymous

Brian dropped some nice hints on the ending of Lexx, and pretty much said that the new spin-off is a sure thing! WOO HOO!!!

OMFG!!! YES!!! YES!!! YEEEESSS!!!!

Via la Salter! Those guys F**KING OWN! Im so sick and tired of american cheese ball sci-fi, and im from Seattle!

Now, just what the hell are they gonna do for a spinoff? Dammit, just how the hell am i supposed to go to sleep now?

FX
    Participant

great update! ellen sounded pretty happy about it all on her way to the dinner, so i’m glad it was fun for all everyone! and i’m glad they had some fans there to cheer them on…brian was pretty excited about the spinoff possibilities in october, as was rolf and others, but i’m hoping to have an official announcement as soon as possible so these guys can really start talking

Anonymous

That’s what I love about Lexx, there are so in touch with their fans, I can’t think of another programme where the actors are so gracious to their fans.
    Wow, the spin-off might be a reality after all, this news has just made my year, Lexx is capable of going on to bigger and better things (even if it isn’t called Lexx!!!), for me ending Lexx when it was starting to become it’s most popular seemed surprising.
    Thanx for the news Doffy, and if your up to it, I’m sure many of us would like to hear a more detailed report on your evening with Brian and Ellen, only if you have the time…gawd, it’s times like this that I wish I was an American!!!!
    Squishy

dgrequeen
    Participant

This is absolutely the best news, and I bet Brian was about to bust like a little kid with a secret, wanting to talk about it!

I think I can face the end of our present incarnation of Lexx a little better now.

Anonymous

Wow!! This is very good news, indeed!!! Brian and Ellen sound like such great people. They deserve any success or happiness that comes their way…. Can’t imagine what the spin-off will be like and cannot wait till it starts actual production..!!!! Thanks to Doffy for this great news!!

Anonymous

Hi, I don’t wan’t to sound stupid or anything…

But what’s the definition of “new spin-off”?
    New episodes?

I assume (hope) it means “more lexx!!!”.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Theli:

But what’s the definition of “new spin-off”?
    New episodes?

I assume (hope) it means “more lexx!!!”.

hi theli, a spinoff is when a new tv show is created from a character or characters from another tv show…so a lexx spinoff would have some of the characters from lexx (rumors are stan, president priest, and bunny) the rumors are fairly against kai or xenia returning at this point…welcome to america, home of the spinoff

Anonymous

Yes but some Spin-Offs are good, but for the most part they suck. In America you go with what works, and you keep doing it until you drive it into the ground.

The only way they can make a LEXX spin off work is getting Jeff Hirschfield to write or co-write most of the shows. That guy is ****ing bizarre, and i love him for it.

Anonymous

I just can’t image a show without Xev or Kai…

Anonymous

And again, I’m convinced that the people associated with Lexx are the best anywhere!

No, you just need to get out more

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.