Lexx dating

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

This is assuming that someone besides me has an interest in the subject. Reginald J. Priest was supposedly lost in the jungles of Viêt Nam for 32 years, before he turned himself in to a Belgian tour bus 9 months before he was elected president. We can use this information to determine the date of season four of Lexx. Even if he wasn’t really lost in the jungle, the time span would have to be accurate for people to believe it.

Okay, Little Blue Planet took place in November, 9 months before was February. So it was about 32 years (I figure between 31 years, 6 months and 32 years, 6 months) before February of that year. American troops were withdrawn from Viêt Nam in March of 1973, which would place the year of Little Blue Planet in 2005. That is not an election year, so we can assume he was lost for a couple years before the troops were withdrawn, so it would be November of 2004. I finally have a date!
    This would apparently place The End of the Universe in 2328 B.C., or about the same time the stone circle at Avesbury was constructed.

Little Blue Planet -November 7, 2004
    Texx Lexx -January 20, 2005
    Walpurgis Night -April 30, 2005
    A Midsummer’s Nightmare -June 20, 2005

DalekTek790
    Participant

6 months between I Worship His Shadow and The Giga Shadow.

3 months between The Giga Shadow and Mantrid.

9 months between Mantrid and Patches in the Sky.

103 days between Patches in the Sky and The End of the Universe.

4,332 years between The End of the Universe and Fire and Water.

2 weeks between Fire and Water and Heaven and Hell.

9 months between Heaven and Hell and Little Blue Planet.

76 days between Little Blue Planet and Texx Lexx.

95 days between Texx Lexx and Walpurgis Night.

51 days between Walpurgis Night and A Midsummer’s Nightmare.

4,335 years, 2 months between I Worship His Shadow and A Midsummer’s Nightmare.

Anonymous

It’s difficult to say when exactly Priest was lost in the jungle. He coulda been PoW before the end of the war. Making it take place as early as 1997? However we know from LBP that current is somewhere in the near future of 2001. So it pretty much cancels out that year.

I think for sure tho DT you can say this series takes place sometime between 2002-2005, giving only 3 years deviation when trying to figure out the rest of the timeline which helps a lot. Since we now know that it was roughly 6000BC when Brunnis2 was destroyed. And roughly 3990-3989BC when the Light Universe was destroyed from Earth time. You can certainly now have a pretty decent timeline aside Earths own timeline

Anonymous

4,332 years between end of s2 and beginning of s3?

I always thought Prince said it was roughly 4000 years he saw the Lexx orbiting. What’d I miss?

Anonymous

lexx lurker:

In May(I think) 790 tells them that they were in cryostasis for 4,332 years.

Anonymous

Ahh thanks. I missed that.

Anonymous

I was with you all the way up to the gap between Little Blue Planet and Texx Lexx, Dalektrek. At the end of LBP, Xev and Kai clamber into a moth to go and have a scout around the Earth while Stan waits anxiously on the bridge for them. How did it take them over two months to get to Earth without Xev starving to death?

DalekTek790
    Participant

The 4,332 figure was only used once, in Fire and Water. Usually they say “over 4,000 years” “approximately 4,000 years” etc. We know it was exactly 4,332 years and not, say, 4,332 years, 4 months because Kai said he would awake anually. So it is logical to assume that his timed revival in Fire and Water was on the anniversary of his going into cryosleep, which was days at the most after the events in The End of the Universe.

The gap isn’t exactly between the end of Little Blue Planet and the beginning of Texx Lexx. Just the dating events in those episodes. Priest was elected president in the former episode, and sworn in in the latter. So we know the scene with him on T.V. in Little Blue Planet is set in November, and the scene with him on T.V. in Texx Lexx is set in January.

Anonymous

A question, may seem OT or dumb, but is the cycle of time around 6000 years? I thought they said that in Brigadoom. Kai’s people were destroyed 2000 years before the Lexx took off(IWHS), then you’ve got the 4,335 years. Am I wrong?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Warsaw:
    A question, may seem OT or dumb, but is the cycle of time around 6000 years? I thought they said that in Brigadoom. Kai’s people were destroyed 2000 years before the Lexx took off(IWHS), then you’ve got the 4,335 years. Am I wrong?

The cycle of time is definitely *not* 6,000 years. 790, in “End of the Universe,” I think, gave some figure like 14 billion years or so. It was some outrageously huge number at any rate (and I used to know it, posted it in a discussion a while ago, but don’t remember it now and don’t remember what thread), and is the main reason that I don’t think that the cycle of time has come ’round with this season.

–Aleck

DalekTek790
    Participant

I just saw the trailer for I Worship His Shadow for the first time. It begins with “In the year 4001…” 4001 A.D. is, of course, impossible. So maybe the person who wrote the trailer was working from a previous version of the script which included a date reference later eliminated.

Or maybe 4001 was really the date the Beans intend for that movie to take place in an internal time system. There must have been some kind of dating in Light Zone. Perhaps that was 4001 years after Rock Hound was infused with the Divine essence, or after the Divine Order was founded. Each of those events could have occurred in 6331 B.C.

Anonymous

Dalek Id almost guarentee the beans have NOTHING to do with promos and previews. Those are always done by seperate entities. Typically the company that releases the film does all the promotion, and its one ad-exec that really doesent know much about the film writing the trailer.

Or you can be like Sony and just make up fictional critics and give your films good reviews

But then again you have to ask “Why the precise number?” which my guess then turns to; Showtime wanted more. It didnt appeal to enough people and they wanted it to appear enigmatic. So why not throw in the number 4001AD? After all Earth will never appear in any of the first four films and Showtime had *0* intention of ever going beyond the first four films, meanwhile SS had other ideas.

Anonymous

I know what I was thinking of now. Somebody in Brigadoom said “6000 years go by so fast.” in the Time Prophet song. I guess that was just thrown in for no reason, then.

Anonymous

Theres also a reference to 10,000 years in Brigadoom. ‘What kind of a life is that 10,000 years with her’ or something like that.

Meanwhile, in Supernova, there’s a reference to 5000 years. Stan comes across a recording of a guy talking to a time prophet 5000 years before.

I suspect that the dating extended between the first and second seasons.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.