Lexx soundtrack consumption & digestion

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lexx soundtrack consumption & digestion

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

(This is from the “Most Touching…” thread in Lexx General forum…)

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    That reminds me, there is a song on “Lexx” that baffles me. Track 28 is the Cleric chant like at the beginning of the beginning credits, but instead of going into the Lexx theme, some music of which I have no recollection plays. It says “Opening Theme, season 2 version 2.” Was that actually used in the opening credits of some episodes in the second season? If so, which episodes? I have no memory of that song (and I don’t have season 2 tapes to check).

I might be mistaken, but I think I read someplace that a different version of the season 2 theme was used for the episodes that aired in Germany. I have no idea why.

Does anyone know if the season 1 soundtrack is still available?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I might be mistaken, but I think I read someplace that a different version of the season 2 theme was used for the episodes that aired in Germany. I have no idea why.

There were 2 different themes for Season 2, that I believe were used in conjunction with openings of varying length. Some of the openings to the episodes, particularly after the first few eps, are shorter because the shows occasionally ran longer than they should’ve (like the openings to The Simpsons when they cut out everything between the school shots and Homer in front of the garage).

Yep. It’s put out by Varese Sarabande, and it’s still listed as being available on their website (www.varesesarabande.com). It’s not listed under “LEXX” but under “Tales From a Parallel Universe.” Amazon has it listed in stock, but no shipping time, which is odd, but I shouldn’t think that you’d have any problems getting it.

–Aleck

[ 18-10-2001: Message edited by: Aleck ]

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

I don’t know if it is commercially available, but you can get the M.P.-3s at Lekss: Muzyka Temnoi Zony (that’s “Lexx: Music from the Dark Zone”). Some of the text is in Russian, but the track listings are in English.

Flamegrape
    Participant

The weirdest thing happened today!

I had a local record store order me a copy of Lexx: The Series soundtrack last week. They called me and said that it arrived so I went down to buy it today. In the parking lot of the store, I open it up and put the disc in my car stereo.

NO LEXX! I’m waiting for the theme song and I get BIG BAND JAZZ. WTF!!! Needless to say I instantly returned it as a defective disc! They played it themselves and thought it was pretty amusing, too! They’ll order me another copy.

Has this happened to anyone else? I hope there aren’t tons of defective Lexx discs out there! (I doubt it.)

(I’m still waiting for my copy of Tales From A Parallel Universe to arrive…)

Anonymous

quote:

Has this happened to anyone else? I hope there aren’t tons of defective Lexx discs out there! (I doubt it.)

It has, in fact, happened. GNP/Crescendo had a bad batch come back from the pressing plant with the wrong audio put on there. I think it was “Live At the Royal Albert Hall” by Petula Clark. Very odd. This happens from time to time (I remember an Eric Clapton CD coming out a while back that had Prince on it, an XTC album that had something else…I forget what others). I don’t think that very many came out that way, just the initial batch.

–Aleck

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    It has, in fact, happened. GNP/Crescendo had a bad batch come back from the pressing plant with the wrong audio put on there. I think it was “Live At the Royal Albert Hall” by Petula Clark. Very odd. This happens from time to time (I remember an Eric Clapton CD coming out a while back that had Prince on it, an XTC album that had something else…I forget what others). I don’t think that very many came out that way, just the initial batch.

–Aleck

“Live At the Royal Albert Hall” by Petula Clark! That’s exactly what it was. The first this I heard on the first track was “Ladies & Gentlemen, welcome [somebody] Clark!” That’s the one.

Should I keep the defective disc as a collector’s item? I’m not sure anyone would want it…

Anonymous

quote:

Should I keep the defective disc as a collector’s item? I’m not sure anyone would want it…

I wouldn’t. Personally. The only reason I’d keep it was as a curiosity piece, as I don’t think it’s going to go up in value unless LEXX becomes a huge cult thing a while after it leaves the air. The Clapton disc was later going for a pretty high penny because both artists are well known, but I don’t think that the LEXX soundtrack market is ever going to be that great (which explains why you were able to get a mispressed item from a small batch of CDs to begin with ).

–Aleck

Flamegrape
    Participant

STRIKE TWO!

This is the second time I’ve purchased a copy of Lexx: The Series soundtrack CD. And yet again, it has Live At the Royal Albert Hall by Petula Clark on it!

arg!

Anonymous

Rotten luck! I got my CDs from Amazon.com yesterday. I’m listening to the first one right now. Wow! Beautiful. Doesn’t sound like Petula Clark at all.
    FlameGrape, maybe try Amazon next time? btw – thanks for the tape. Gondola rocks!

Anonymous

“It’s Petula Clark!” Well I have to eat my words, FG. I just popped in the 2nd CD and guess what? I’ soooo disappointed.

Flamegrape
    Participant

Okay….

WHAT…

THE…

F*CK…

????

Anonymous

Here’s what I’d do. I’d contact GNP/Crescendo records directly. It’s a manufacturing defect, so they may be willing to provide a replacement without having you take a chance on getting another Petula Clark CD from the retailers. Email them here: [email protected]. Keep in mind, though, that the mistakes in pressing these are not GNP’s fault — they’re the fault of the pressing plant. So don’t be rude when writing them. It won’t get you anywhere.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Thank you Aleck! You’re quite useful, and decorative too.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aurora:
    Thank you Aleck! You’re quite useful, and decorative too.

but a bit too big to be strictly ornamental so much for your dreams of retiring as a kept man…

Anonymous

LMAO at the whole Petula Clark thing! I hadn’t heard of anybody ending up with those in months and months…and there they are back again!

Hope writing to GNP/Crescendo directly works! It’ll be worth the effort to get the soundtrack!

Anonymous

Hey FlameGrape, check it out! I emailed GNP Crescendo ([email protected]) and got this reply:

“I can replace it for you. Please send me your name and address and I’ll get a correct version out to you asap. In our original pressing, about 1000 Lexx cd’s were bad. We thought we got them all, but I guess we missed one. Sorry about that.
    Regards,
    MV Gerhard”

Looks like they missed more than 1, but it lools like they are going to replace mine at no cost, so that’s cool.

Anonymous

Ok what’s the confusion about the season themes.

There are 2 versions. One with the cleric them and a techno dance type one(called version 2 on the cd). Half the episodes have one theme and the other half have the other.

Flamegrape
    Participant

Yay! I got my Tales From A Parallel Universe CD from Barnes & Noble! I am a happy Flamegrape! Especially since that disc may be harder to find in the future.

My Lexx: The Series CD is on the way and hopefully it won’t be Petula Clark at the Albert Hall again! And can you beleive it??? THREE of the CDs I ordered through another store were defective! I finally gave up trying to order it from that record store. I decided to keep the third one as a collector’s item instead of returning it. Probably not worth much…

Anonymous

Flamegrape, let me know, when you get it, if it’s another bad cd. I’ll send you my extra one.

Flamegrape
    Participant

Cool! I finally got my Lexx: The Series soundtrack in the mail today. Even better than the fact that I got my CD is the fact that after THREE attempts, I finally got a copy that doesn’t have Petula Clark on it! It’s about time!

Anonymous

I got a copy of the second Lexx soundtrack from Amazon.com it only took a week to arrive.
    There is nothing like hearing track 1 on a nightclub sound system.
    I would like a copy of the first Lexx soundtrack and have downloaded from the russian site, but it’s not quite the same.
    I love my Lexx soundtrack and am glad I bought it.
    Mind you the one track I really was hoping to get was the tacky disco music from the epsode “791”.
    Mind you, the sad Zev singing the Brunnen G fight song from the episode “Terminal” was way worth it.
    later
    D

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.