Lomea is BACK!

• This topic has 25 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

This message (from a fairly reliable anonymous source) was recieved today…

quote:

“Since you seemed to have enjoyed “Twilight” so much, I have an interesting bit of information for you. Lomea is going to be revived in a future episode, an episode that was filmed last month. Death, it seems, has made her slip from goth to domimatrix, with the leather bodysuit to go along.”

I once recieved an email from Lauren Abrahams (who plays Lomea) and she’s just as nice as she is sexy. I can’t wait to see the show!

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited March 21, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

Ick! That was one of the worst scenes in Lexx. I don’t see why anyone would want her back.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Ick! That was one of the worst scenes in Lexx. I don’t see why anyone would want her back.

Darlek!

Wot are you on dude! For a geezer who likes cool TV Sci Fi (and films), you never seem to appreciate the full social spleandour of the best bits.

Now you just HAVE to agree that the scream in that scene was just amazingly scary, stomach turning and erotic…..

go on…

admit it!

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

I would have no trouble with female-female cannibalism on the show if it weren’t for the sexual connotations.

——————

Anonymous

I didn’t see anything wrong with that scene. It was a classic lexx sex confusion. Lyekka was making references to killing and eating Lomea while Lomea thought Lyekka was talking about sex.
    If you have a problem with that, does that mean you also have a problem with scenes from 791, Girltown, Love Grows, etc, etc?

——————
    “Prick your finger it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun. The angel has spread it’s wings, the time has come for better things…”

Anonymous

quote:

I would have no trouble with female-female cannibalism on the show if it weren’t for the sexual connotations.

Of course not. Because someone eating another person’s flesh is *infinitely* less offensive than actually having sex with them (well, it’s accepted as part of mainstream Christianity, so it *must* be inoffensive). Because anyone who has sex outside of the sanctity of marriage is *bad*.
    Just because you have a narrow view of what is and isn’t acceptable (and like to use the royal “we” for unspecified reasons) doesn’t mean that everyone should kowtow to your point of view (as you imply in your statement, “I don’t see why anyone would want her back.”). This also applies to your more recent post of “We don’t want posts like this on our board.” Who are “we,” Dalek? Who are you pretending to speak for? It is not me, not by any stretch of the imagination, and the presumption that it is, which is implied behind saying “we,” is something I find offensive.

–Aleck

Anonymous

hey guys, i have been offline lately because my isp is so damn slow and my feverish efforts to find dsl have come to naught (IN NYC!) at least naught that i can afford…i found lomia alternately entertaining and annoying as she was meant to be, but i did enjoy the double-entendre and people talking about two different things while we the audience know what is really happening…dalek tek this is a common device throughout literature ( and science fiction) and i remain perplexed as to why you persist in being so judgmental in your posts, and your prudishness regarding sexual matters smacks of falwellism…everyone can share opinions here in a manner that does not make others feel attacked for their values, (or lack thereof by your views it would appear,) so ease up i like hearing from you, i just don’t like feeling as though i should be wearing a big scarlet A on my chest! anyway i just hope they do not bring back lomia’s parents, they were really annoying, especially dad’s combover do (how do the beans find such amazingly tacky people or at least actors who do tacky so well!)

DalekTek790
    Participant

Aleck-Don’t mock me.

F.X.-Falwellism? I don’t even know what that is.

——————

Anonymous

Holy cow! Lomi the Dominatrix, what a deal! I gotta say, the more I hear about little season 4 snippets, the greater my curiousity! I thought she was hysterical in Twilight. As to her parents, I hate to admit it, but I found them rather endearing in an annoying way. Truth be told, I actually used to know a couple very much like them. EEeekk

Anonymous

I’d be very interested to know who Lomea is dominating in this episode??

If it’s Stan, Can he keep up the pace?
    If it’s Xev, she’ll get a cluster-lizard taste!
    If it’s Kai she’ll get an unwanted em-Brace!

I got a feeling it’s going to be some powerful politician…….

And Note to DalekTek:

You don’t fool me for a minute, You could not be a fan of Lexx and not love the sexual
    undertones and overtones. And I do not believe that you have never heard of Jerry Falwell??? I think you just like to shake things up a bit from time to time….

DalekTek790
    Participant

I like Lexx, it’s a good show. But, like all shows, it has its shortcomings, and sometimes it is downright repulsive.

We’re here to discuss Lexx. We like to stick to the good things, but we can’t pretend that the bad things don’t exist.

I post my opinions, and usually there are people here who agree and people wo disagree. But sometimes everyone inexplicably disagrees and it turns into an argument. And then people twist what I say and make me sound like some sort of weird pervert.

It’s not just me. All of my friends seem to agree on what I said under “Thoughts on the next season…Anyone?” And I doubt I’m the only Lexxian here who changed the channel when Lyekka and Lomea got a little too close.

And as for Jerry Falwell, not, I didn’t know who he was when I posted that. Now that NB1 put down his full name, I typed it into a search engine and figured out who he was. I have nothing against the man, but I don’t see how I in any way resemble him. I’ve never mentioned religion (except to counter religious arguments someone else started). You don’t even know what religion I am!

——————

Anonymous

I apologize for the tone of my previous post. It was not intended to mock you, Dalek, or to be taken as an attack, but more of a “throwing one’s hands up in frustration”-toned post.
    The frustration comes from the (seemingly) condescending attitude that is displayed in your posts, Dalek. You post, as if sending messages from some moral high ground, and you seem to frown upon those who do not share your views. You post in the royal “we,” which immediately connotes condescension, or implies that you are speaking for a group. Seeing as how there have been no posts supporting anything you have said when using the “we,” I can only assume that the latter is not true. You say that you doubt that you are the only Lexxian here to change the channel when Lyekka and Lomea “got too close,” but where are the others who acted in your fashion? When you use the pronoun “we” in your posts, when referring to yourself, you give the impression that you speak for a majority of the people on this board. I am not, and will not, be considered part of that, as I disagree vehemently with your positions on morality.
    Either practice humility, and stop referring to yourself as a group, and stop being so judgemental, or expect arguments.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

I like Lexx, it’s a good show. But, like all shows, it has its shortcomings, and sometimes it is downright repulsive.

We’re here to discuss Lexx.

exactly, and discussion usually involves using common references and a gentle exchange of ideas preferably delivered in a nonjudgmental fashion otherwise it becomes a shouting match or argument , a la middle east peace talks

I post my opinions, and usually there are people here who agree and people wo disagree. But sometimes everyone inexplicably disagrees and it turns into an argument.

that would be because you do not follow the nonjudgmental clause (see above)
    And I doubt I’m the only Lexxian here who changed the channel when Lyekka and Lomea got a little too close.

perhaps not, but you are conspicuous by being the one who posts in a sometimes very nettling fashion

And as for Jerry Falwell, not, I didn’t know who he was when I posted that. I have nothing against the man, but I don’t see how I in any way resemble him. I’ve never mentioned religion (except to counter religious arguments someone else started). You don’t even know what religion I am!

thus your knowledge base has depth but not breadth…jerry falwell is the spokesman for the so-called moral majority, the same man who opined that aids is god’s judgment on homosexuality, so the fact that you have nothing against the man indicates that you either unfamiliar with some of his hate doctrine or that you agree with it, and if i sound judgmental here, i assure you it is entirely intentional …and let me reiterate that if you are perplexed by peoples’ reactions to your posts it is because you are not understanding their responses, you have been repeatedly asked to quit using the (royal) we…as for the religious nature of your remarks, the particulars of which protestant sect you adhere to are irrelevant, it is the nature of your priggishness and willingness to censor the behavior,talk and views of others which marks you as the follower of such repressive religious viewpoints

[This message has been edited by FX (edited March 25, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

Do you ever come here for reasons other than to enrage sci-fi fans?

I’ll admit I don’t know anything about Mr. Falwell other than what was on the main page of http://www.falwell.com, but I still doubt there is a reasonable connection to be drawn between him and I.

Since the concept of collective representation is apparently too complex for some of the people here to grasp, I’ll explain why I say “we” in some of my posts. That is done when I (or anyone else) speak for the entire board and its members, not just for myself. But then people go and disagree with me.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Since the concept of collective representation is apparently too complex for some of the people here to grasp, I’ll explain why I say “we” in some of my posts. That is done when I (or anyone else) speak for the entire board and its members, not just for myself. But then people go and disagree with me.

Okay, even though I am of the opinion that you’re posting just for the reason that you claimed FX posts for, and that you are actually merely one of the troika of Deuce’s personalities, I’ll bite once again (if, for no other reason, than to discourage others to speak for the group as a whole here, if not also for the undeniable fact that I enjoy a good argument)…
    Who asked you to speak for the board and its members? You’re not a moderator or official of this board (unless you actually are, and are speaking under an assumed moniker), and even if you *were* it would be presumptious and ill-advised for you to speak for anyone besides yourself, unless you have polled the members of the board individually and they all came to an unamimous decision.
    You don’t speak for me, you never asked to speak for me, and even if you did ask to do so, I doubt I would give permission, as I would much rather express my own opinions, thankyouverymuch.
    Using the “we” in this sense, when I disagree with your points, is offensive to me personally, and if you continue to use it, I will continue to argue the point.

End of story.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Do you ever come here for reasons other than to enrage sci-fi fans?

I’ll admit I don’t know anything about Mr. Falwell other than what was on the main page of http://www.falwell.com, but I still doubt there is a reasonable connection to be drawn between him and I.

since my reply was harsh i will take yours in the spirit of hurt feelings, once again since you seem to be resolute in your lack of comprehension and your persistance

do not speak for us, speak for yourself and then take your licks like a man

do not make your attacks personal or you will get edited

refrain from comments impugning the intelligence or education or whatever of the other members of this board, or you will get edited

finally, read and understand other people’s posts instead of just reacting and all of this will be unnecessary

thank you ,fx(whose sole purpose is to enrage scifi fans)

[This message has been edited by FX (edited March 26, 2001).]

Anonymous

The Dalek dude has been a valued poster on this board for a while, we often dissagree, and I sometimes wonder why he visits so often since I’m obviously into the more artistic (ok, ok, T&A) aspects of LEXX than DalekTek790.

But it’s ok?! There are peeps on this board who can make even me blush ๐Ÿ™‚

What I find interesting and absolutely marvelous is the fact that we can have such a conversation about a sci fi show. For such a long time sci fi has been sanitised and censored. We couldn’t have this discussion about any other sci fi show reviewed on this site (with the possible exception of Aeon Flux).

——————

sgtdraino
    Participant

Okay, as moderator for a discussion list myself, the following two comments made me very uncomfortable:

Moderator F/X wrote:

>so the fact that you have nothing against
    >the man indicates that you either
    >unfamiliar with some of his hate doctrine
    >or that you agree with it, and if i sound
    >judgmental here, i assure you it is
    >entirely intentional.

Moderator F/X then wrote:

>refrain from comments impugning the
    >intelligence or education or whatever of
    >the other members of this board, or you
    >will get edited

I think you can see why this made me uncomfortable.

Back to lurking…

Sgt. Draino

Anonymous

Although ‘Twilight’ is one of my fave episodes, I don’t think that just because Lomea wears black lipstick – she should be (ahem) categorized as a ‘goth’.

Just my two cents.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by vincentprice:
    Although ‘Twilight’ is one of my fave episodes, I don’t think that just because Lomea wears black lipstick – she should be (ahem) categorized as a ‘goth’.

Just my two cents.

fair enough, looking at the clothes in the goth shops in manhattan always makes me think of some weird hybrid of punks and stevie nicks

Anonymous

Yes, Lomea! There is another little tidbit floating around out there. Kai will meet a lady assassin. No word on if she is a contemporary assassin, like Nikita, or a Brunnen one. What will he do? Will she get a rise out of his cod or get skewered by his brace?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    Yes, Lomea! There is another little tidbit floating around out there. Kai will meet a lady assassin. No word on if she is a contemporary assassin, like Nikita, or a Brunnen one. What will he do? Will she get a rise out of his cod or get skewered by his brace?

lady assassin? love equal opportunity shows…but your freud is showing, or is a cigar sometimes just a cigar? at any rate, thus far the only person who got a rise out of the cod was mantrid when he almost took it with him in k-town…chew on that

Anonymous

FX you crack me up! Speaking of rises, have you done a frame by frame on the Mantrid scene? You can just catch MM doing the instant sit up cod grab. And what is is? Heh,Heh.

Anonymous

EeeK!
    Oh, boy that’s gonna be a great ep.
    As for switching the channels? Hell no, as a woman who knows women, I leaned toward that screen laughing my head off!
    Oh, god, it was comedy! Anybody who can’t see that must be a brainless fool.
    No, wait, perhaps and idiot savant. I know, I live with one. !!!!!!

——————
    “We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars…” Oscar Wilde

DalekTek790
    Participant

Speaking of Twilight, does anyone know who wrote The Wheel (the poem that Kai recites)? Was it Lex Gigeroff, Paul Donovan…Michael McManus? Does it say in the credits? Is it some famous poem I’ve just never heard of?

The wheel, it turns, it comes around,
    It makes an ancient rolling sound.

The billowing clouds that puff and flower,
    They’re calling me to an ancient bauer.

Where no thing is shall nothing be,
    Only then will I be free.

Gather ’round the wheel, my friends,
    And make amends, and make amends,
    For all this is about to end.

The fickle fates, the cosmic grind,
    Conspire to leave our friends behind.

The night doth bleed into morn,
    Sunlight seeping through the dawn.

Fellows, come. Share with me your tired days,
    And let my windy words fill your empty sails,
    As you travel ‘cross grey hills and brownish dales.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    Speaking of rises, have you done a frame by frame on the Mantrid scene? You can just catch MM doing the instant sit up cod grab.

many times, was forced to stop when i accidentally erased k town i particularly like the horrified look on mantrid’s face as he realizes what’s about to happen

[This message has been edited by FX (edited April 02, 2001).]

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.