Lyekka will return!!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Lyekka will return!!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I recently checked out Louise webpage and found this post in their forums by her:

07:34:53 MDT 2001
    no pete,
    Fluff Daddy was not my last episode.I am shooting 3 more episodes until end of november,and as soon I’m back I’ll send you more news
    take care by now
    louise
    View IP

All I have to say is woohoo!

Flamegrape
    Participant

I like-a Lyekka! I can’t wait for “Lyekka vs Japan”!

Anonymous

lol I have to root around I never noticed that ep title later in the season! So I guess this was only news to me

I was so mad that Lyekka was acting like Lyekka from Stans far past in “Fluff Daddy”. And I assumed it was her last episode. So I was really jazzed Im still hoping her and Stan end up together at the end of this series.

Headgehog
    Participant

I agree LexxLurker, I hope Stan does finally find true happiness. But in traditionally it never lasts, but theres always hope.

I’m kinda curious as to how they would bring back Lyekka(plant). Military gene splicing, nuclear accident, Hollywood special fx gone too far? Whats all your ideas?

Of course following tradition, the beans’ll think up soemthing we would have never imagined.

Anonymous

OK, here’s my theory~~Lyekka was killed by Vlad. There was no body when our intrepid crew returned to Less. The idea being Lexx reabsorbed the body. Okay, maybe Lexx will belch and out will pop our Lyekka. ‘Couse, if she does, she will again likely be a flesh eating plant again. So much for true love. I think one of the episodes that will be shown come January will be at a druid site and will be the raising of the dead ceremony. Maybe that will be her return, trouble is that will likely be natsy Lyekka. Even if she comes back nice, she and Stan won’t live happily ever after. Lexx just doesn’t work that way. Poor Stan.

Headgehog
    Participant

My take on Lexx absorbing the body was that he ate her. Just like how he reabsorbed all the mantid drone parts in Norb 2.12 to rebuild himself.

DalekTek790
    Participant

I had the creepiest dream about Lyekka last night. You probably don’t care, but it’s been all I can think about. It was like that thing on the Sci-Fi Channel (during commercial breaks) with the computer-generated plant that eats the butterfly (or was it a bird?) only it was the size of a house and it had Louise Wischermann’s head at the center with a crown of thorns and it had leafy tendrils wrapped around my body and was trying to eat me. I guess I was Stan, cause Kai was standing around trying to reason with the plant and I’m yelling “Just kill her, Kai! Kill Lyekka now!” Then the Lyekka head bit into me and I woke up.

I’ve had a similar dream at least once before. I think maybe I spend too much time thinking about Lexx.

Okay, on the topic, I don’t think Lulu will turn into a plant. Her soul is probably from the human Lyekka, judging by what other Lexxians say about Fluffdaddy. The plant Lyekka’s soul has yet to appear to us. Judging by the title of the second to last episode, it will resurface. And it will somehow probably be Louise Wischermann.

Maybe it will be a pseudo-human form, or maybe her soul is in Trin form floating around somewhere in the Solar System looking for food (which she will shapeshift to obtain). I don’t think Stan and Lyekka will come together. He’s a human and she’s a plant. That coupling just wouldn’t be right. As I see it, Zev is the one made for Stan. Lyekka can go find some stamen or something.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    I had the creepiest dream about Lyekka last night. You probably don’t care, but it’s been all I can think about. It was like that thing on the Sci-Fi Channel (during commercial breaks) with the computer-generated plant that eats the butterfly (or was it a bird?) only it was the size of a house and it had Louise Wischermann’s head at the center with a crown of thorns and it had leafy tendrils wrapped around my body and was trying to eat me. I guess I was Stan, cause Kai was standing around trying to reason with the plant and I’m yelling “Just kill her, Kai! Kill Lyekka now!” Then the Lyekka head bit into me and I woke up.

I’ve had a similar dream at least once before. I think maybe I spend too much time thinking about Lexx.

I believe that your dream was the result of an anxiety of a… certain… nature. Whatever you do, do not go to the Isle of Lesbos.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:

I believe that your dream was the result of an anxiety of a… certain… nature. Whatever you do, do not go to the Isle of Lesbos.

Ummm…yeah…I’d have to agree with your diagnosis, there, FG…Let’s see, a female being is holding on to DT, and pulling him to an orifice, and this is causing him extreme terror and anxiety (not to mention bringing up the Freudian concept of vagina dentatta, which is *not* an album by The Police). DT is also repeatedly calling out for Kai to rescue him.

Well, I think the meaning is clear.

…And, to quote Seinfeld, “Not that there’s anything *wrong* with that…”

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:

Ummm…yeah…I’d have to agree with your diagnosis, there, FG…Let’s see, a female being is holding on to DT, and pulling him to an orifice, and this is causing him extreme terror and anxiety (not to mention bringing up the Freudian concept of vagina dentatta, which is *not* an album by The Police). DT is also repeatedly calling out for Kai to rescue him.

Well, I think the meaning is clear.

…And, to quote Seinfeld, “Not that there’s anything *wrong* with that…”

–Aleck

Nah, we gotta take into consideration that DT frequently dreams that he *is* Kai (didn’t you say so, DT. dear?). In this context a very different internal struggle is, perhaps, being played out. Lyekka is an organic alien female carnivore – perhaps representing the hidden hungry, emotional side of the dreamer, or maybe a new aspect in the dreamer’s life which feels like that. Whereas Kai seems to represent the dreamer’s perception of himself – tough, without emotion or needs. Take it from there, DT – and I bet you’ll make sense of it. Only the dreamer can know what it really means.

I’m pretty good with dreams. They can be a great inner resource, and very entertaining! So far, my Lexx-addled dreams tend to be of the *entertaining* variety.

Anonymous

Dt’s dream points to unresolved internal conflicts created by his subconcious wish to become a giant cucumber, which are obviously holdovers from a mental conflict with a large vegetable during the oral latency phase of his pair-bond formation.

I have Lexx dreams all the time where I’m Xev.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Geesh! I’m sorry I brought it up.

Aleck-You‘re always claiming I present theories that are unfounded. You‘re always claiming I post things that are insulting. What the phlogiston do you think YOU’re doing!?!?!

I don’t think it means anything except maybe I talk to too many crazy people on the Lexx board.

I’m sorry I caused a stray from the topic.

Anonymous

And it’s Xev with an “X”

Btw, it is “Lomea” in Twilight but spelled “Lomia” in P4X.

Aside from people who can’t keep something simple straight… Xev is like Xenia, both are spelled with an X, who is more Xotic than Eva’s Zev with a “Z”!!!!

Alright FX.. that’s my question for the beans: Please end this pointless debate of people arguing that Xev is a mispelling of “Zev” by asking the beans to set the record straight.. thank you and good night

Anonymous

quote:

Aleck-You’re always claiming I present theories that are unfounded. You’re always claiming I post things that are insulting. What the phlogiston do you think YOU’re doing!?!?!

(A) As for the theory being unfounded, I dealt strictly with a text-based interpretation of your dream. I didn’t say that it was based on any other dreams you may or may not have had, nor did I create incidents outside of the ones you provided. If I were to take your approach in interpreting this dream, I’d make reference to a portion of your dream that didn’t exist, like you standing bare-chested atop a mountain and casting down thunderbolts.

(B) The fact that you find the implication insulting says more about you than it does me. The implied meaning of the interpretation of your dream is not a qualitative one, but a quantitative one. I didn’t say that your dream meant that you were an ignorant POS, or that you were a great guy. I didn’t say that you were “a little slow,” or that you were a “sick freak.” If, however, you interpreted my remark to mean that you *are* a sick freak, then you’re reading something into it that I didn’t (and wouldn’t, because it would be more than a bit hypocritical of me to do so) place, and again, it says more about you than me. Once more, quantitative, *not* qualitative.
    And furthermore, you posted a dream on a *discussion* board. Which means it’s up for grabs. A dream in which you were wrapped in the grip of a female, being pulled toward a large, threatening orifice with teeth, and calling out for Kai to rescue you. Tell me, which part am I wrong about? Because unless you’ve left some bits out, that’s essentially what you said.
    Now, *I* think that the meaning of this dream is clear, as I’ve said. *You* may not agree with it, but as far as interpretations of a singular piece of text goes, mine is fairly air-tight, based on the text provided (and the text alone). I’m not saying whether or not the implication of my interpretation is a bad or good thing, just that it is an implication.

Quantitative, not qualitative.

–Aleck

Anonymous

“Classic case of self loather”- Brodie from Mallrats

“some guys just plain need cock”- Banky from Chasing Amy

Both played by Dogma’s Jason Lee

Anonymous

“I feel bad.”
    -Zev (Eating Pattern)

DalekTek790
    Participant

You’re right, Aleck. I shouldn’t’ve posted that dream. I didn’t think people were gonna “analyze” it. I wasn’t even expecting a response to that part of the post. The post was about how the plant-Lyekka character will be brought into the fourth season. I just typed in the part about the dream because it was something on my mind that was sort of related.

I’ve made a couple of posts that really touchy people interpret as “offensive” or “insulting,” but I never implied that anyone was of an unnatural sexual orientation. That is overstepping some serious bounds. You didn’t post that because you believe it, either. You just did it because you wanted me to argue with you, so maybe I’m just walking into a trap by writing this post, but this needs to be said. I AM PERFECTLY HETEROSEXUAL and I am deeply insulted by your claiming that I am not.

My philosophy holds that a theory should be based on the most logical and straightforward interpretation of the evidence free from emotion or preconceived biases. Thus my interpretation is that the only “meaning” of the dream is that I was thinking about Lexx during the day so elements from it appeared in my dream. I wasn’t expecting any Freudo-Jungian pseudoscientific analysis from anyone, and I thought, despite your antagonistic nature, you were above petty insults.

Anonymous

quote:

YI’ve made a couple of posts that really touchy people interpret as “offensive” or “insulting,” but I never implied that anyone was of an unnatural sexual orientation.

Again, I made a quantitative statement, not a qualitative one. *And* I stated it as a personal interpretation. I never claimed that it was fact, nor did I state that it was the only interpretation. I simply agreed with another post, and explained why. And again, never said that the resulting interpretation was either good or bad in nature. Like I keep repeating, quantitative and not qualitative.
    If I were to imply that the resulting analysis revealed something that should be considered a *flaw*, it would be an enormously hypocritical move on my part.
    Now, your statement that my implication was that you were of an “unnatural” sexual orientation is a *qualitative* statement. This is not something I would say. In fact, people that refer to any sexual orientation as “unnatural” in my presence risk getting slapped back into last week. Prejudice based on ignorance and fear is low on my list of favorite things.
    Again, I reiterate, that you found my post offensive and full of “petty insults” says infinitely more about you than me.
    And I think it doesn’t take a particularly touchy person to find you calling someone “a little slow” insulting. Again, that’s a qualitative statement you made. Not a quantitative one.

–Aleck

Flamegrape
    Participant

Uh, oh! I think I opened Pandors’s Box. (No pun intended. No, wait– yeah! Pun intended! Definitely pun intended!)

DT790, there is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about such dreams. I’m not a psychologist, but I’ve read a few books and things. I don’t think that the dream suggests anything other than anxiety, manifesting itself through sexual means. It is absolutely no indicator of orientation.

My advice about not visiting the Isle of Lesbos was my sly way of saying, “Don’t hang around women for the moment. You don’t need the stress.” I was hoping that you would look up the Isle of Lesbos. It was an ancient Greek island inhabited only by women. It’s also related to the origin of the word, “lesbian”. Therefore, staying on an island full of women would cause you distress of untold comic proportions. At least I didn’t tell you to go find the planet of the milk-fed boys!

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Uh, oh! I think I opened Pandors’s Box. (No pun intended. No, wait– yeah! Pun intended! Definitely pun intended!)

DT790, there is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary about such dreams. I’m not a psychologist, but I’ve read a few books and things. I don’t think that the dream suggests anything other than anxiety, manifesting itself through sexual means. It is absolutely no indicator of orientation.

My advice about not visiting the Isle of Lesbos was my sly way of saying, “Don’t hang around women for the moment. You don’t need the stress.” I was hoping that you would look up the Isle of Lesbos. It was an ancient Greek island inhabited only by women. It’s also related to the origin of the word, “lesbian”. Therefore, staying on an island full of women would cause you distress of untold comic proportions.

Thank you, Flame.

I’m currently in a psychology class. We haven’t covered dream interpretation yet, but I know the basics and I know that sometimes a cigar is just a ciger.

I have studied Greek mythology, and am aware of the significance of Lesbos. That is also where Aristotle’s wife was born, interestingly enough.

I have had some bad experiences with the opposite sex of late, but I am not a misogynist or what Aleck is accusing me of being.

Anonymous

quote:

I have had some bad experiences with the opposite sex of late, but I am not a misogynist or what Aleck is accusing me of being.

I’m not accusing you of anything, DT.
    I merely gave an interpretation of a dream. And I’m not the only one who got that interpretation (including people who don’t even know anything about you, and have no preconceived bias). In fact, it’d be pretty hard to look at the symbology of the dream and come up with anything else. I’m not saying that it’s impossible, just that the interpretation that springs most easily to mind and covers all of the bases is mine. I’m not saying that it’s correct, I’m not saying that it has any relevance, I’m just giving an off-the-cuff Freudian analytical look at a dream.
    If there’s a negative spin put upon it, it’s placed there by no one but yourself. *I’m* certainly not doing it.

I *wouldn’t* do it.

–Aleck

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

I have had some bad experiences with the opposite sex of late…

Ah-ha! Ze doktor’z diagnosees vas correctk!

By strange coincidence, I’m watching 3.6 K-Town right now. Tish is one hot, scary chick! She could cause some serious anxiety. Oh, and then there’s the next episode, 3.7 Tunnels, with the crazy ballerina babes with the bear-traps! Talk about the manifestation of sexual anxiety!

Anonymous

Originally posted by DalekTek790:I don’t think it means anything except maybe I talk to too many crazy people on the Lexx board. I’m sorry I caused a stray from the topic.

WELL DON’T BE! I personally find your post sometimes insulting, interesting and intelligent!!(but usually a mixture). Many times I’ve wanted to censor your posts because of the way they upset some people (some of the time) BUT I ALWAYS READ DALEKTEC790 POSTS!

I know that’s gonna upset some cool posters like Aleck and others, but the fact is that YOU ALL post controversial and interesting and sometimes ‘comments close to the bone’ (ie. insulting) messages – and the fact is, they are great to read!So for gooodness sake don’t be sorry!

I’ve just read another one of Ana’s sickly sweet posts in the Andromeda forum and I’m thinking to myself, “WHY DOES SHE DO THAT! – SORBO NEVER COMES HERE!” Reading your (and everyone else’s) whitterings is a great pleasure!

Believe me, anything that can get me away from sweet caresses of this person! (the missus) must be good!

You are all good!

{SadGeezers monthly drunken rant ๐Ÿ™‚ }

[ 04-10-2001: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Anonymous

hello saddy !
    i’ve a question about your site & newkate’s –
    do you post on each other’s sites ? although
    i’ve seen her nick as a mod i don’t recall
    seeing it in a forum (actually i mostly use
    the lexx forum..), and of course i can’t read
    a word of the posts on her site ๐Ÿ˜› (it’s a
    great looking site & loads fast – very cool )
    just curious..or nosey..or whatever

Anonymous

Well.. a friend of mine is man crazy. She loves actors and the biz. Sometimes she dreams she is her favorite actor(male-no female gender compliant cross refference here) and is carrying out a some sort of seXual or S&M type situation with the other actor.

Not unlike the way DalekTek790 oft dreams he is Kai

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    [QB]I know that’s gonna upset some cool posters like Aleck and others, but the fact is that YOU ALL post controversial and interesting and sometimes ‘comments close to the bone’ (ie. insulting) messages – and the fact is, they are great to read!So for gooodness sake don’t be sorry!
    [QB]

Heya sad,
    *I’m* not upset by that. I mean, hell, DT *is* an intelligent joe (though he does lack civility at times), and his stuff is *always* entertaining, if not in the way he sometimes intends. I know that I, for one, would never want his stuff taken off the board, or for him to be banned (if for no other reason than because he’d just post even more inflammatory stuff from a different IP ).
    I mean, he’s insulting, he’s arrogant, he refuses to acknowledge evidence that is slapping him in the face, and he invites everything that comes his way, but the little bugger just keeps plugging away and coming right back for it. It’s charming. He just takes everything that comes his way and never learns a thing from it. It’s a kind of consistency that one doesn’t see these days. It’s almost…admirable.
    So, here’s to you, DalekTek790, Lexxian, Whovian and Froudian. The kind of guy that attributes a specific quote to the most-used word in the Daleks’ vocabulary. The kind of guy that uses the word “phlogiston” in a sentence for no other reason that to call attention to the fact that you can use the word “phlogiston” in a sentence. Keep on keepin’ on, DT.

I’ll be there every step of the way.

Just to keep you on your toes.

–Aleck

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    I personally find your post sometimes insulting, interesting and intelligent!!(but usually a mixture). Many times I’ve wanted to censor your posts because of the way they upset some people (some of the time) BUT I ALWAYS READ DALEKTEC790 POSTS!

Thank you, but I’d rather be recognized for my intelligence, wit, and insight rather than anything controversial.

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    I mean, he’s insulting, he’s arrogant, he refuses to acknowledge evidence that is slapping him in the face, and he invites everything that comes his way, but the little bugger just keeps plugging away and coming right back for it. It’s charming. He just takes everything that comes his way and never learns a thing from it. It’s a kind of consistency that one doesn’t see these days. It’s almost…admirable.

That is what I would call a sinister compliment. I am not arrogant or insulting and I always evaluate all the evidence before forming a conclusion. You just say that stuff to anger me.

quote:

Ah-ha! Ze doktor’z diagnosees vas correctk!

Huh? Wozefrigg? Do you speak Bocce?

quote:

Originally posted by X:
    Not unlike the way DalekTek790 oft dreams he is Kai

My Kai dreams are not erotic (I don’t think I’d call being eaten by a plant erotic, either). They’re mainly just the fantasy of having a scorpion grappling hook wrist brace dealiething. In one dream that I mentioned earlier Zev kissed me, but I brushed her off (because I was dead).

This was just a discussion about Lyekka’s future appearance in Lexx. Now there are 14 posts talking about some silly dream I had and was naรฏve enough to post. At least I didn’t post the whole dream, there’d be 50 responses!

[ 05-10-2001: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Anonymous

quote:

That is what I would call a sinister compliment. I am not arrogant or insulting and I always evaluate all the evidence before forming a conclusion. You just say that stuff to anger me.

See what I mean? I can quote significant instances (and have done, oftentimes, in the past) where DT has been arrogant *and* insulting, even Sad can come in and say that DT can be insulting and that he’s come close to deleting some of his posts, the evidence is *slapping him in the face*, and he just doesn’t see it. It’s not there. I swear, it’s just the cutest thing in the world.
    I don’t say that stuff just to anger you. Your mental state is not of any real importance to me. I’m just calling ’em like I see ’em. And, apparantly, I’m not alone.
    ..And of *course* it’s a sinister compliment. Would you expect any less?

I don’t think I’d call being eaten by a plant erotic, either.

Neither would I. It’s pretty anti-erotic. Which, after all, was my point in the first place.

In one dream Zev kissed me, but I brushed her off (because I was dead).

Oh, you’re doing this on *purpose*, aren’t you? You go through this whole thing about being analyzed about a dream you had, finally say that you shouldn’t have posted details of your dream because it was just asking for comment, and then you post a dream that’s even *more* indicting than the previous one! Oh, DT, you’re *hilarious*!

At least I didn’t post the whole dream, there’d be 50 responses!

Oh, don’t worry. Any more details would be superfluous.

–Aleck

[ 05-10-2001: Message edited by: Aleck ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

In one dream that I mentioned earlier Zev kissed me, but I brushed her off (because I was dead).

Okay, forget what I said before. You’re completely off your rocker.

I had a dream that I was hanging out with Stan, Kai, & Xev. We were at some sort of large outdoor festival. Maybe we were at a Phish concert or a Rainbow Gathering, I don’t know. It’s been a while, I don’t remember the details. Next time I have a dream involving anyone in Lexx, I’ll relate all of the lurid details to you all.

Fantasma
    Participant

Well, I found that all entertaining and enlightening.

I just wish I could remember my dreams like that, cuz I *love* sharing my dreams. Mine tend to be a mismatched bunch of scenes with an arc theme. Kinda like a lot of tv I watch

I’ve maybe had 2 or 3 Lexx dreams, and I think they were all promenently Kai absent, much to my dismay.

Now, my Vin Diesel dreams were much nicer. But I’m not going there either. Mostly cuz I can’t really remember them

But, so the topic of this thread is Lyekka, and she’s coming back? Coolness.

lizard
    Participant

quote:

My Kai dreams are not erotic (I don’t think I’d call being eaten by a plant erotic, either).

At least I didn’t post the whole dream, there’d be 50 responses!

You mean there is MORE! What happened next? Post away, the dream was the most interesting part of the post. I think that it is rather “little shop of horrors”-esque.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Lizard:
    You mean there is MORE! What happened next? Post away, the dream was the most interesting part of the post. I think that it is rather “little shop of horrors”-esque.

Since you asked nicely, here is the whole dream in all its (boring) detail:

I am in a white room with several teenage boys (the oldest looks about 15) discussing science fiction. They are engrossed in a debate over what Lyekka’s best outfit in Lexx was. I feel out of place among them (I’m not sure if I’m me in this dream or someone else). One of them, who has blonde hair and glasses, is at a computer bringing up images of Lyekka in every episode to compare the looks. I think these people are pathetic and immature for discussing something so trivial (not to mention sexist), but I don’t want to offend them, so all I do is point out that they compiler of the computer file forgot that Lyekka also appeared in the episode “White Trash.”

The dream shifts from the mundane world to the Lexx universe when Kai walks in the door to my right. I immediately remember that this is a time of great despair because an evil force will soon destroy us all (I’m not sure if it was Mantrid or some character my mind invented). Kai tells me that there is one last hope. If we can find Lyekka, the powerful plant creature, we may be able to halt the menace where it is and prevent further destruction.

Kai and I (perhaps I am Stan) fly in a moth to what looks like a silver skyscraper floating in space. We enter at the bottom, and there is a huge air-filled shaft inside. It is a giant garden or greenhouse. On each story on either side there is a rectangular shelf about half the size of a city block made up of wrought-iron mesh with flowering plants on it. At either side of each shelf there are windows, but all that can be seen are stars. A light shines down from the top of the shaft. Kai and I fly upward past dozens of shelves with hundreds of large plants of every size, shape, and color. They are beautiful, but I don’t have time to gaze at them all because I must find Lyekka. About two thirds up the skyscraper/shaft/garden/greenhouse I spot what I recognize as Lyekka in the exact center of an otherwise empty shelf to our right.

It is a radially symmetrical plant about the size of a small house, or the foliage of a large tree. It looks like a naked lady (the plant), or perhaps an artichoke that’s been stepped on, and is a pale, almost sickly green. Six of the leaves are octopus-like tendrils, each about twenty feet long, with serrated edges that are waving back and forth. The plants on the other shelves are growing out of plastic boxes of soil, but the Lyekka plant has no roots, only shrivelled foliage at its base, and is simply resting on the mesh. Kai lands the moth in the corner of the shelf and we get out. I look at the “floor” and I can see through the spaces in the mesh down to the dark abyss below. It gives me vertigo, and I have to look up at the plant.

The middle of the plant “blooms,” revealing petals and three stalks. These parts are dark green and lush and look tasty. At the end of each stalk is a pod. One of pods has not erupted, another ends in a yellow flower that is beautiful but is facing away from me, and the third has a human face that I immediately recognize as Lyekka. I cannot see where the human flesh meets the plant, I’m seeing her head inside the plant through an oval hole in the pod. I can see her neck and collarbones at the bottom of the hole, her blonde hair inside the space, and a “crown” of long, brown thorns atop the green cap covering the top of her head. I wonder where her body is, because even though the pod is shaped roughly like a human torso it tapers to a stalk too quickly for a human body to fit inside, and it is completely smooth and flat. She is wearing bright red lipstick and smiling ever so slightly.

I tell Lyekka that we are in grave danger and need her help to thwart an evil force. She does not say a word, but instead all of her leaves ripple and shudder at once, and she extends two tendrils and grabs me. My first action is not to try to free myself, or to cry out in terror, but instead I reach for my hat, which has fallen on the floor. It is far out of reach. No matter how much I struggle, I cannot get out of the tentacles, and am being slowly drawn to her head. She opens her mouth in a malicious grin, revealing a set of pearly-white piranha-like teeth. I know she’s going to eat me. Kai is just standing around (to my left, a few feet from my hat) trying to reason with the plant, and persuade her nonviolently to let me go. I yell to him, “Just kill her, Kai! Kill Lyekka now!” Then the Lyekka head bites into me and I wake up.

Anonymous

Wow, DT, that’s one *helluva* dream! Amazing detail recall. Very interesting to read, as are so many of your posts. Such vivid visuals!

I’m pretty sure that Aleck and others just yank your chain cuz it’s so fun to make you bark. It can, and does, get boring around here sometimes, and a p*s**ng contest between you guys really livens up the joint.

Regarding some of those previous
    *interpretations* (I majored in Psychology)- Freud may have been the “father of psychotherapy” but he was also a weenie. Here’s a guy who thought most women’s anxieties were caused by a wandering uterus! And penis envy – *come on*! The only people who have anything like that are very insecure men. Modern dream analysis usually presumes every element in a dream to be a representation of the dreamer, or some aspect of the dreamer. And, as you said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar – some dreams are just flotsam, representations of the brain’s overnight filing.

Wakka wakka,

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aurora:
    (I majored in Psychology)- Freud may have been the “father of psychotherapy” but he was also a weenie. Here’s a guy who thought most women’s anxieties were caused by a wandering uterus! And penis envy – *come on*!

So the representation of Freud in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure was accurate?

I’m not a psychology major, but it seems to me that Freud should be put into the context of a 19th century western culture.

DT790, the next time you have that dream, I think you should marinate yourself and dive in. In other words, face your fears or anxiety or whatever may be causing you concern. You may undergo quite a transformation! Sexual symbolism, I think, is only window-dressing.

Myself, I love it when I have those flying dreams when I’m aware that I have the waking-dream ability to fly! It wasn’t until I saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon that I saw this experience manifest on the screen. Especially that last sceen in the bamboo grove.

I don’t know about Lyekka, but I wouldn’t mind having a dream about being eaten by Xev, the half-cluster lizard. Or am I going too far with my post? EAT ME! LOL!

Anonymous

quote:

…Myself, I love it when I have those flying dreams when I’m aware that I have the waking-dream ability to fly! It wasn’t until I saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon that I saw this experience manifest on the screen. Especially that last sceen in the bamboo grove.

Oh man, me too! Those are the best dreams of all. Sometimes, standing at a busy street corner I wish for a moment that I could just lift off like that. When I saw Crouching Tiger I thought, “that’s just like in my dreams,” and yep, the bamboo forest scene was awesome. Excellent movie.

I don’t know about Lyekka, but I wouldn’t mind having a dream about being eaten by Xev, the half-cluster lizard. Or am I going too far with my post? EAT ME! LOL!

Too far? Bite me!

Anonymous

quote:

*interpretations* (I majored in Psychology)- Freud may have been the “father of psychotherapy” but he was also a weenie. Here’s a guy who thought most women’s anxieties were caused by a wandering uterus!

While I don’t agree with everything that Freud espoused, and especially disagree with the examples you provided of his theories, I think that discounting Freud as a whole is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I feel that some of his theories, especially in regard to symbolism, are fairly accurate. I also think that applying this symoblism to interpreting dreams is valid. Modern dream analysis may view every aspect in a dream as an extension of the dreamer, but that doesn’t make my interpretation any less valid — in fact, it applies nicely to what I’d said previously.

–Aleck

FX
    Participant

erm, well, i missed you guys for the last few days but as i read about lyekka dreams while i wait for my luggage to find its way home to me from halifax or newark or wherever, i am having serious doubts about my sanity …i was relatively normal until i began watching lexx

DalekTek790
    Participant

I don’t mean to sound offensive Flamegrape, but what are you? I thought you were female, because when I asked about the insect woman at the bottom of your posts, you replied “That’s me, Flamegrape.” But now you’re saying you want to be eaten by Zev, whick implies your being male (and insane ). So what are you?

Freud was a pseudoscientist. He made a bunch of emotionally-based assertions that could not be confirmed scientifically, and used shock value to get attention. This guy was like a cross between Immanuel Velikovsky and Howard Stern.

He came up with “theories” (many of which don’t even fulfill the criteria for being a true theory) based on how he saw the world, then reported evidence that he observed and invented and ignored the (overwhelming) evidence that his theories were complete bunk, confirming his own opinions.

The only reason anyone besides a few fringe followers believe Freudian psychology is because it filled a vacuum (there was essentially no psychology before Freud) and was thus held dogmatically as truth by the scientific community. I mean Œdipus complex? Psychosexual stages?!? His theories read like a bad publication of the Society for Alternative Medicine.

I know my bad science, and that is bad science.

FX
    Participant

quote:

I know my bad science, and
    that is bad science.

well at least you know bad science …while many of freud’s concepts have become unfashionable, along with psychoanalysis, he is an apocryphal figure in modern thought, and laid the framework for modern psychiatry…his influence has so permeated the culture that most people do not even realize that the progenitor of many common ideas,paradigms and phrases is in fact freud…as for psychosexual stages, his schema was the first and has been built upon and modified continually since the initial groundbreaking ideas were stated…freud himself reevaluated and revised many of his concepts throughout his life…but the most important thing to think about is that before freud, no one even discussed the sexual nature of man, let alone the role it plays in development, and daily life, nor had anyone ever begun to address the incestuous sexual abuse that occurs in even so-called normal families…you do accept that those things occur don’t you? do you entertain the notion that sexuality is a fundamental human drive and influences almost all aspects of human behavior ? are you at least willing to talk about it? well, that’s because of our much maligned freud (and jung, and erickson, and so on) oh wait a minute…you’re a skinnerian behaviorist aren’t you?

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

I don’t mean to sound offensive Flamegrape, but what are you? I thought you were female, because when I asked about the insect woman at the bottom of your posts, you replied “That’s me, Flamegrape.” But now you’re saying you want to be eaten by Zev, whick implies your being male (and insane ). So what are you?

No, I said I’d like to be eaten by Xev, not Zev! There’s a world of difference. And being a fusion-powered biomechanical android with a chitinous exoskeleton, the point is moot. I think she might gag on my bug-juice blood. And besides, I think I’d be too tough to chew since my body is very dense; I weigh half a ton, despite my girlish figure! But still, I think Xev and I could still be good girlfriends. Maybe she’ll let me borrow her dress sometime?

Anyway, the whole issue of whether or not I can get together with any man is pointless. Oh yeah, I got the parts, thanks to the sick-o mad scientist who created me! For me, all human males are too soft and squishy. I would probably crush their pelvis. No man’s body would have the necessary physical density to… ah… wait a minute… are you thinking what I’m thinking? Uh, oh…

[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    you do accept that those things occur don’t you? do you entertain the notion that sexuality is a fundamental human drive and influences almost all aspects of human behavior ? are you at least willing to talk about it?

Oh, you know the answer to that as well as I. Of course he doesn’t. Sex is something that should never be discussed, much less thought about. It’s immoral.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

No, I said I’d like to be eaten by Xev, not Zev! There’s a world of difference.

Oh, no there’s not. I thought it was well-established that Zev’s name has *always* been spelled with a Z. Anyplace you’ve seen differently is incorrect. Trust DT. He’s right 80% of the time, and to disagree with him is to take an illogical stance.

–Aleck

Anonymous

“Do you have dreams, PeeWee?”

“Yeah, I had a dream once, I was all alone, rolling a big donut, and this snake wearing a vest…”

-PeeWee’s Big Adventure

Anonymous

quote:

[QB…He [Freud] came up with “theories” (many of which don’t even fulfill the criteria for being a true theory) based on how he saw the world, then reported evidence that he observed and invented and ignored the (overwhelming) evidence that his theories were complete bunk, confirming his own opinions. …[/QB]

I have to agree with you on most of that, DT, with the exceptions of Freud’s lasting contributions to the field, i.e.: he theorized the existence of the subconscious, invented psychotherapy, and introduced the idea of dream analysis as a means of understanding the subconscious. Among today’s psych professionals, the rest of Freud’s theories are mentioned in the same tones as Phrenology and other quaint old “medical” and “scientific” wonders.

Anonymous

DT, whether you realize it or not, your dream
    is rife with sexual symbolism, perhaps an
    confused state due to stress or pressures
    in your personal life, but it was actually
    quite entertaining…!
    As for Freud and the ‘penis envy’ thing…
    A guy I worked with once told me he thought
    I had penis envy…I told him I was glad we
    had something in common…..

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mayaxiong:
    DT, whether you realize it or not, your dream is rife with sexual symbolism, perhaps an confused state due to stress or pressures
    in your personal life, but it was actually
    quite entertaining…!

I can’t see any sexual symbolism. Being eaten by a giant Venus flytrap-like plant seems neither erotic nor antierotic to me. And in my dream Lyekka never even said “I like you,” the way she’s supposed to before she eats people.

I did, however look 27 elements that appeared in my dream up in a dream interpretation guide. There were 6 that represented love, 2 that represented romance, 2 that represented sensuality, 1 that represented seduction, and 1 that represented passion. I thought there was an unusual amount of recurrence of love in the interpretation of the elements in my dream (5 direct references, 1 indirect reference). To make sure it was a genuine anomaly, and love wasn’t just that common throughout the interpretations, I picked the first 27 entries for elements starting with the letter “R” (for a random sample), and counted the times love appeared in those. There was 1 direct references and 2 indirect references. That means love is more common in the elements of my dream than the general population of symbolic elements. From that research I believe it is logical to conclude that my Lyekka dream was probably, at least in part, symbolic of love.

I do not know why I would have a dream symbolizing love (my love life is not that interesting). I am also unsure how knowing the meaning of a dream is of any benefit to me, and this is all probably of little significance to most everyone else. My main accomplishment in all this seems to have been much wasted time over trifles.

Anonymous

quote:

My main accomplishment in all this seems to have been much wasted time over trifles.

…And that’s different in what way?

Sorry, it was just too easy.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

My main accomplishment in all this seems to have been much wasted time over trifles.

Not at all. I for one have immensely enjoyed this particular thread.

(Please don’t be offended, I actually mean that)

elmey

Anonymous

DT, the last time I checked, passion, seduction and sensuality were all…um..how
    should I phrase this….sexuality! And
    Lyekka doesn’t have to say she likes you..
    she may just want to ‘eat’ you…hell, I’ve
    had dates where I didn’t particularly like
    someone, but the animal magnetism was very
    strong…and perhaps you’re having these
    entertaining dreams because, as you said,
    your love life right now wasn’t very
    entertaining…but it sure was extremely
    interesting…I wonder what Drdel would think
    of this subject..This would be right up her
    alley!! Should we book an appointment for the
    infamous couch? You’d be in good company…
    after all, Kai/MM shared that couch once…

Anonymous

quote:

Wow, DT, that’s one *helluva* dream! Amazing detail recall. Very interesting to read, as are so many of your posts. Such vivid visuals!

I’m pretty sure that Aleck and others just yank your chain cuz it’s so fun to make you bark. It can, and does, get boring around here sometimes, and a p*s**ng contest between you guys really livens up the joint.

*interpretations* (I majored in Psychology)- Freud may have been the “father of psychotherapy” but he was also a weenie.

that’s an interesting point you bring up. Actually the city of Vienna, where Freud claimed residence for most of his life is translated to ‘Wien’ by native Austrians. The inhabitants of geographic locations designated by names ending in the letter ‘n’ are most often referred to by appending the location name with the postfix ‘er’. Therefore we can conclude that Freud was technically not a ‘weenie’ but in fact, a ‘weiner’.

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: bugblatterbeast ]

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.