Milton Berle and Dudley Moore passed away today

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Milton Berle and Dudley Moore passed away today

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

we will miss these talented men

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mary beth:
    we will miss these talented men

This is true. While neither had done anything of any real note in the recent past, both were extremely talented and hilariously funny individuals. Milton Berle was one of the founders of television comedy, and one of the last surviving members of the earliest days of TV’s infancy. While it’s easy to see his work and the specifics writing of his humor as “corny” in today’s light, there’s no denying that his comic timing was impeccable. Dudley Moore, despite a run of really horribly lousy films, was a hilarious human being. His work with Peter Cook was that of legend. Their astonishing wordplay and chemistry was peerless. On his own, Moore thrived for a bit in the late 70’s and early 80’s, but floundered with some poor career choices, and ended up being wasted in some really substandard films. But at his best, in 10, Foul Play and Arthur, he could be tremendously funny and exceptionally human at the same time.

Not mentioned as much in the States, but of great importance in the humor department, the recent loss of Spike Milligan is a blow as well. He, with Peter Sellers, Harry Secombe et al., founded the Goons, and changed the face of British Comedy. Without Spike, there would have been no Monty Python, no Young Ones, no Edmund Blackadder…Very important and influential man there.

–Aleck

Anonymous

I’m just worried about the reception Joan Crawford is going to give Dudley on the other side

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

OH Bonnee, my sides are still hurting, great comment !

bonnee
    Participant

quote:

OH Bonnee, my sides are still hurting, great comment !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.