Mutant X – Waste of Video Tape

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Angst Mutant X – Waste of Video Tape

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Deliena
    Participant

I ask you, what WERE they thinking? Somone somewhere saw X-Men and thought, “I can do that”, well guess what? They couldn’t.

The basic premise of the series actually makes good sense, but to wrap it around in the terrible dialog, badly thought out plots and appalling acting (the like of which I haven’t seen since certain Blake’s 7 episodes) makes it the largest waste of money of all time.

Trying to use a Buffy-style format and putting an X in the name of your show will not guarantee success (even though the Stargate satire based on this premise was the best episode they have done in a long time).

Anyone who has any network influence should use it to destroy this travesty from the airwaves… the future of Sci-Fi is in the hands of these morons. If this is the quality of programming they think will tolerate – we will have to expect it.

I urge you all – do everything you can to stop this program being made (reasonable things, you know, marches, sit-ins, petitions – no unabomber-stylee please!) The very future of the genre on TV is at risk. Since the British more or less gave up making Science Fiction we are forced to look to the US to provide us with something new. I may be oversimplfying part of the arguement, but I still expect quality, whether the BBC are speaking nation unto nation or whether Fox are producing it.

Sad Geezers (and Geezettes) of the world unite! We have nothing to lose but our couch potatoe bottoms!

dgrequeen
    Participant

Oh, but the eye candy is just simply scrumptious!

Flamegrape
    Participant

Are you talking about the superhero show with the Andy Warhol clone? I knew it would suck so I haven’t bothered watching it.

Strangely enough, when I first saw Lexx, I could have said something like, “Are you talking about the space show with the Leeloo clone? I knew it would suck so I haven’t bothered watching it.” It wasn’t until the end of the second series that I started paying attention!

But not all shows are hidden gems. I had been thinking for sometime that maybe Earth: Final Conflict would be cool and that I should be watching it more. Turns out that it’s not the case.

Anonymous

Being the hard core X-Men fan that I am (I once bleached the front of my hair to look ike Rogue) the saddest thing about this crappy show is the fact that it’s executive producer is Stan Lee. It seems he just doesn’t have a good reputation in the T.V. industry, but it still hurts everytime he attaches his name to some drivel like this. Come on, Stan, do a show about X-Calibur, New Mutants, X-Factor, or even X-Men themselves!!! STOP MAKING CHEAP KNOCKOFFS!! IT”S LIKE A ROLEX FACTORY MAKING 99 CENT DIGITAL WATCHES!!!!

okay, I’m done

by the way this was a great post for a first timer, welcome to Sadgeezer

[ 10-03-2002: Message edited by: Nirvanah Rimmer ]

Anonymous

I think you’re actually being nice. MutantX is the 2nd worst piece of crap I’ve ever seen next to EFCs 5th season.

Anonymous

I really have to agree with you on this. MX is very iritating to watch. I can’t put my middle finger on it but its just really hard to watch.

-SM

Anonymous

You got my vote. It’s awful, it makes Andromeda and Farscape look good, it’s cheap, tacky and the acting defies belief.
    I was hoping for a real good spin-off from X-men, but these mutants are wimps, the Andy Warhol bloke just looks ridiculous and it’s another programme that lacks any credence or backbone.
    But it’s the cheapness that get’s me, the whole thing look’s like it’s done by amateurs, the writing is uninteresting, and the acting has no spark, they say their lines with no attempt to make them sound believable.
    It really is dire. I feel sorry for Stan Lee, mainly because he has foolishly tied his name to the garbage.
    Mutant X must die…and quickly.
    Squishy

Anonymous

I can’t stand Mutant X. My friends can’t stand it. But do you think the morons at Fox 8 and Prime will take it off? They won’t! It looked good in the adds, but when you get down to it, it’s boringly intorable. The channels should turn their attention to something far more interesting. ‘Far more interesting’ when it comes to Mutant X covers a large range so they should find something to interest the viewers.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: the chameleon ]

Anonymous
    Inactive

I didn’t mind Mutant-X. THe main problem I had with it was that they tried to explain everything with science, and did it badly.

Anonymous

I’m not going to complain about Mutant X.
    Why? Because it passes the weeks as the programme directors of Australia continue to deny me season 3 of Farscape, season 7 of DS9 and season 6 of Voyager. Not to mention Andromeda, Roswell, Earth: Final Conflict, etc….

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by CBrate:
    I’m not going to complain about Mutant X.
    Why? Because it passes the weeks as the programme directors of Australia continue to deny me season 3 of Farscape, season 7 of DS9 and season 6 of Voyager. Not to mention Andromeda, Roswell, Earth: Final Conflict, etc….

Kinda proves just how bad it really is Cbrate, you only watch while waiting for the better Sci-fi to turn up (well, except for Farscape), makes you wonder why Mutant X has reached your shores so soon, while DS9 finished about 7 years ago everywhere else, might be because they sold it cheap and knew it wouldn’t be a problem dumping it on Oz!!!!…oh that and it’s rubbish.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Except for the anti-Farscape sentiments and calling Australia a garbage tip, I might agree with you.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

…programme directors of Australia continue to deny me season 3 of Farscape…

I just don’t understand that. The show is made in Australia, right? And the show is phenomenaly popular. At least it is in the USA. At this convention I went to last weekend, there were no less than a dozen or so Farscape fans in costume! They looked great!

Yet they think Mutant X is a worthy show? And it’s taken them seven years to catch up on Deep Space 9? That’s outrageous! Why aren’t you sci-fi fans in Australia starting riots?

Anonymous

quote:

Except for the anti-Farscape sentiments and calling Australia a garbage tip, I might agree with you.

I didn’t call Australia a garbage tip, the ‘it’s rubbish’ claim was intended for Mutant X.

Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:

I just don’t understand that. The show is made in Australia, right? And the show is phenomenaly popular. At least it is in the USA.

Yes and yes but unfortunately the issues and content is a little more mature than Ch9 would like, meaning it gets heavily censored (I had no idea what was going on in the Look at the Princess episodes) or slipped into a late night slot, often jostling for the timeslot with Walker: Texas Ranger (I know, I don’t get it either).

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:

Yet they think Mutant X is a worthy show? And it’s taken them
    seven years to catch up on Deep Space 9? That’s outrageous! Why aren’t you sci-fi fans in Australia starting riots?

The rioting is a go but in a country where the social index is sporting prowess (eg. how many gold medals more than the Americans we can net in the swimming pool) we are the silent minority.

But its not all bad. We’ve just finished the Buffy Lives season and Angel is starting to get a sinking feeling about his son (stupid pun, I know). We’re up to episode whatever in Stargate. Ditto for Dark Angel.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.