Note from Electropolis…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Note from Electropolis…

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Studios, from Rob Power:
    time: 14:22

It is the last day – I was just down on set –
    lunch today was prime rib as well as haddock.
    There is a big wrap party set for tomorrow
    night, though I will not be attending. Lexx
    is going to Asia indeed! Stay tuned.

(Anyone wanting a copy of the original email,
    contact me at [email protected]

Maya X (Sob)

Anonymous

hey mayaxiong,
    definantly depressing – i say we hop a plane
    & crash the party tomorrow
    (we’ll tell’em saddy said it was o.k. )
    that would certainly cheer us up, huh?

Headgehog
    Participant

Sure, air fares cheep enough now.

FX
    Participant

party was awesome (blackie and thefrey made me stay in hali and go) wish you guys could have been there: they showed bad carrot which will never be shown in its entirety in the states because of sheer over the top anal humor and weird sex innuendos, as well as a tape of bloopers…and i don’t get to talk about a lot of it because of various threats made by the beans and cast and crew as soon as i work out the details of this witness protection program thing i will tell you more

[ 08-10-2001: Message edited by: FX ]

Anonymous

YOU BRATS!!! I was wondering where the hell
    thefrey was, her site hasn’t been updated in
    two weeks! Why didn’t anyone tell us that
    fans would be attending the wrap party?
    Now I’m really cranky….

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mayaxiong:
    YOU BRATS!!! I was wondering where the hell
    thefrey was, her site hasn’t been updated in
    two weeks! Why didn’t anyone tell us that
    fans would be attending the wrap party?
    Now I’m really cranky….

sorry sweetie, we had talked about the upcoming trip and interviews in several threads in both forums over the last several weeks but i guess a lot of it was overshadowed by the events of sept 11…believe me, a lot of the thrill of finally getting to see electropolis and the beans and everything else was ruined by knowing that this was the end of this wonderful show (unless you can go to thailand for location shoots for the next few weeks ) and the last time this really incredible mix of people working their hineys off to pull it together would be at electropolis making magic…i am very sad tonight

Anonymous

Glad you guys are having fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Can’t wait for the writups :-))))

While yer there, could you remind Paul about the review tapes (I only recieved the first seven).

Who have you interviewed so far? Have you any wild revelations, gossip etc. that you can share now…. or are you gonna keep us drooling for the finnished copy?

It’s cold rainy and miserable here, hope the weather is better where you are (though I guess it’s not like Florida ๐Ÿ™‚

Hugs to you Blackie and TheFrey. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do…. hee hee</b/</small?

Anonymous

Well I guess I never saw any of the posts re
    the trip to Hali, but I’m glad you had a good
    time, I got an email from Rob Power warning
    us of the ending day for shooting and I know
    that Doffie and a few others sent Brian his
    birthday cake and a plate of goodies to add
    to the wrap party. She was wondering if
    everyone enjoyed them…
    Did Michael show? Any info on what he plans
    to do after the series ends?

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

orginally posted by FX
    they showed bad carrot which will never be shown in its entirety in the states because of sheer over the top anal humor and weird sex innuendos

So bad Carrot will be shown in the US? Doffy posted on the SciFi.com board that were not going to see that ep at all!

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

YOU BRATS!!! I was wondering where the hell thefrey was, her site hasn’t been updated in two weeks!

Awwww, you missed me, I’m touched. Actually I only left on wednesday, but I was having the week from hell before hand, dentists, doctors, mechanics ect…

I did keep the Kaptions updated until the day before I left though. I should be back to my site within a day or two and get the 4.10 stuff up. Lots of good stuff there.

By the way, I showed the CGI guys this site and the Kaption site, and let me tell you, they loved them. They are all a bit on the crazy side and the kaptions seem to amuse them greatly.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    So bad Carrot will be shown in the US? Doffy posted on the SciFi.com board that were not going to see that ep at all!

well, doffy may be right; by my count there were probably 10 minutes that wouldn’t get chopped up by the censors, so i guess we will have to wait and see…it’s not really in salter’s hands

Anonymous

Hell yeah, I missed the site’s being updated,
    it’s my favorite! I wrack my brains constantly for more smartie-pants comments to
    come up with, didn’t you notice I’m practically the first person at the door when
    the new pages go up? I check it every day,
    hysterical at some of the kaptions people
    come up with. Glad the guys at the studios
    liked it, but perhaps MM isn’t too keen,
    since he’s pretty much the butt of all the
    gay jokes….I hope he has a good sense of
    humour, he’s going to need it when the next
    page comes up……

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Glad the guys at the studios
    liked it, but perhaps MM isn’t too keen, since he’s pretty much the butt of all the gay jokes….I hope he has a good sense of humour, he’s going to need it when the next page comes up……

What can I say. I understand MM doesn’t follow the net, so perhaps he was unaware that being really nice to three people from one of the most popular Lexx sites on the net would have been a good thing.

Concerning my little site, which while cute, does not generate near the traffic this one does, previously I have many times not posted Kaptions I found too offensive.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    Glad you guys are having fun ๐Ÿ™‚

Can’t wait for the writups :-))))

While yer there, could you remind Paul about the review tapes (I only recieved the first seven).

Who have you interviewed so far? Have you any wild revelations, gossip etc. that you can share now…. or are you gonna keep us drooling for the finnished copy?

It’s cold rainy and miserable here, hope the weather is better where you are (though I guess it’s not like Florida ๐Ÿ™‚

Hugs to you Blackie and TheFrey. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do…. hee hee</b/</small?

If by not doing anything you wouldn’t do means staying up till all hours drinking and dancing then nahhhh, we wouldn’t do nuthin’ like that, SadOne. I can say without upsetting the powers of Beanness that the weather was absolutely fantastic, except on wrap night when it was f**kall soaking wet. I guess even Nature was weepin’, eh? Sad to see a good thing come to an end.

Anonymous

quote:

originally posted by FX
    well, doffy may be right; by my count there were probably 10 minutes that wouldn’t get chopped up by the censors, so i guess we will have to wait and see…it’s not really in salter’s hands

Believe me, I hope that’s not the case! I certainly haven’t heard for sure…and I can’t remember now who posted that. In talking to Brian, ‘Bad Carrot’ sure sounds chock full of some very, er, anal humor.

I am hopeful however, since SciFi DOES list that ep in the ‘Romps’ section where all the episodes are listed. In the case of 2.16, ‘The Web’, they didn’t show it at all, and it was left out of the list.

So maybe they plan to show it, and just put up warnings in addition to censoring the hell out of it.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Doffy:

Believe me, I hope that’s not the case! I certainly haven’t heard for sure…and I can’t remember now who posted that. In talking to Brian, ‘Bad Carrot’ sure sounds chock full of some very, er, anal humor.

nice to meetcha doffy! well, it is not only anal humor but there is a fair amount of male on male anal humor, and we know the us doesn’t like gay unless it’s cute and sanitized gay…this episode is completely over the top and i was wishing that the beans had let their hair down more, or that i had at least had the opportunity to see it i know rolf was very shocked when i said there was no way we were going to see his bum on scifi us…and xev’s …erm…fondling is not going to make it either…i just hope the us at least gets to see the expressions on the actor’s faces; (including mcgarbo!) these people really are talented, and it’s a shame we don’t get to see them strut their stuff more…the…uh …scatological humor might make it though; in the wake of south park everybody likes poopy jokes

FX
    Participant

quote:

I know
    that Doffie and a few others sent Brian his
    to the wrap party. She was wondering if
    everyone enjoyed them…
    Did Michael show? Any info on what he plans
    to do after the series ends?

may (and doffy!) sorry i didn’t answer this sooner; the cake showed and was awesome and brian plowed into it happily…i saw paul d scurrying away with a piece of it as well…can’t speak for mm, maybe he is trying to save that girlish figure …regards what mm will do, don’t know as the guy cut a wide path around us every time he saw us, so i can only repeat what i heard him saying to other people…later

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Doffie and a few others sent Brian his
    to the wrap party(

God, the cake looked wonderful, they all just couldn’t wait for it to get cut. If the plate of goodies was that cookie tray, it was equally well received.

Anonymous

quote:

originally posted by FX
    may (and doffy!) sorry i didn’t answer this sooner; the cake showed and was awesome and brian plowed into it happily…i saw paul d scurrying away with a piece of it as well…can’t speak for mm, maybe he is trying to save that girlish figure …regards what mm will do, don’t know as the guy cut a wide path around us every time he saw us, so i can only repeat what i heard him saying to other people…later

Heh…glad to hear it! I saw pics of it when there was only one tiny piece left. Brian said they had such fun with it!

Yes, we sent maybe a half dozen trays of cookies and muffins the following day (Friday), and though I heard that much of that was eaten before Brian and the others got to it, they did at least see the card. It was for everyone involved with the show anyway…even the peons, LOL!

Thanks for the news!

Headgehog
    Participant

Part of me kinda hopes that they won’t show Bad Carrot. Did I just type that? If this is the last season then having one last “new epsiode” when the s4 dvds comes out will be a nice treat.

Let’s see 1 s2 dvd, 4 s3 dvds, 4.12 so 12/4= 3 s4 dvds makes 8 dvds to go. At 1 new dvd every other month means 16 months. The next dvd is in late January, so that means roughly late March 2003 will be the bad carrot DVD. Okay so it’ll be roughly an 10 month wait for a new ep after the expected finale.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

FX, I am glad you had a great time in Hali and welcome back, can’t wait to hear the details…..I can’t believe that you guys took your time and money to travel all the way up there and MM “Cut a wide path around you”! Could’nt he ,at the very least, knowing it is probably the last time everyone will be together, took the time to chat a little with you… What’s with him anyway, is he moody, stuck-up, insecure or all three?
    Somehow this bothers me….. I hope he did’nt “diss” our FX, Thefrey and Blackie…

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    FX, I am glad you had a great time in Hali and welcome back, can’t wait to hear the details…..I can’t believe that you guys took your time and money to travel all the way up there and MM “Cut a wide path around you”! Could’nt he ,at the very least, knowing it is probably the last time everyone will be together, took the time to chat a little with you… What’s with him anyway, is he moody, stuck-up, insecure or all three? Somehow this bothers me….. I hope he did’nt “diss” our FX, Thefrey and Blackie…

I will admit I was a little suprised myself. After all we have heard about him being distant because he doesn’t like crowds ect…

What can I say, no crowd, his home turf, people acking like adults not idiots. I would have like to have been able to ask a question or two, now as you say, that this was the last time. Unfortunately this was not to be. Ah well, the contrast between the wide swathing and everyone and I do mean everyone else being so super nice was a bit glaring.

lizard
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:

I will admit I was a little suprised myself. After all we have heard about him being distant because he doesn’t like crowds ect…

Well, I’d like to hear more about this party it sounds amazing! About McM, maybe it’s just his personality–or he could be freaked out due to past incidents that we know nothing of.

Is anyone going to post pictures of this bash???

Anonymous

I have just a few thoughts on MM’s behaviour.I have never meet him but I have gleened a couple of things from info on the net.There are photos of Michael with fans where he looks uncomfortable,had enough or truly p***ed off.He is not a gregarious person like Brian.And(being Canadian),he is too polite to say get lost.He may not surf the net but someone does who is making sure any negative comments are minimized.I have read interviews and items that have since disappeared that were maybe too personel.I think he is probably a shy person who finds the ‘meet and greet’stuff hard work and can’t wait to get back to his regular acting career.Good Luck,break a leg!

Anonymous

Very astute of you, to see this side of MM. I have seen lots of pix (real life) where he is cordial, or smiling, but they are fewer than those of Brian or Xenia. I imagine his theater background is somewhat unprepared for the ravenous adoration of sci-fi fans, both male and female, that haunt his every step. According to those who know, he takes his craft very seriously and would probably be happy to just be left alone, Xenia mentioned in an interview recently that he didn’t like to do press, and didn’t much care for season 3’s storyline, therefore, wouldn’t comment to the press on it.

dgrequeen
    Participant

Very astute of you, to see this side of MM. I have seen lots of pix (real life) where he is cordial, or smiling, but they are fewer than those of Brian or Xenia.

A lot of us have speculated over time that when MMcM is being charming to the fans, he is really “onstage”, and that this is not natural to him. I believe he is an extremely shy person who is not comfortable around large numbers of strangers. In fact, from all I’ve managed to gather, he’s really only comfortable in the company of other actors and entertainment people.

I haven’t heard too much about Xenia, but she seems to be able to mix with fans very well (if she’s not comfortable doing it, she at least hides it well).

Brian Downey, on the other hand, probably never met a stranger in his life.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dgrequeen:

too true, he has a real gift for maintaining boundaries in a very subtle fashion, while graciously making people feel welcome and happy…a true gentleman and loveable man

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    I have just a few thoughts on MM’s behaviour.I have never meet him but I have gleened a couple of things from info on the net.There are photos of Michael with fans where he looks uncomfortable,had enough or truly p***ed off.He is not a gregarious person like Brian.And(being Canadian),he is too polite to say get lost.He may not surf the net but someone does who is making sure any negative comments are minimized.I have read interviews and items that have since disappeared that were maybe too personel.I think he is probably a shy person who finds the ‘meet and greet’stuff hard work and can’t wait to get back to his regular acting career.Good Luck,break a leg!

I tend to agree, Canuk. He seemed relaxed enough around the crew members during meal breaks. I just got the feeling he was worried we were gonna corner him and go all 1001-fan-questions-to-be-answered-in-one-sitting on him. I can recognize the signs so I gave him his space. Though, earlier, he did seem friendly enough. It’s hard to tell. I’m sure my mistake was doing this entire interview thing completely sober.

[ 23-10-2001: Message edited by: BlackCloud ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by dgrequeen:
    Very astute of you, to see this side of MM. I have seen lots of pix (real life) where he is cordial, or smiling, but they are fewer than those of Brian or Xenia.

A lot of us have speculated over time that when MMcM is being charming to the fans, he is really “onstage”, and that this is not natural to him. I believe he is an extremely shy person who is not comfortable around large numbers of strangers. In fact, from all I’ve managed to gather, he’s really only comfortable in the company of other actors and entertainment people.

I haven’t heard too much about Xenia, but she seems to be able to mix with fans very well (if she’s not comfortable doing it, she at least hides it well).

Hi, dgrequeen! How the hell are ya?! Yeh, Brian Downey reminds me of Peter Ustinov, a man of the world. He belongs to everyone and I couldn’t think of a soul who could possibly not take to him. He is the soul of hospitality and generosity. Like “Welcome” should be tattoo’d on his forehead.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.