Odd Bunch at Lexx.com

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Odd Bunch at Lexx.com

• This topic has 29 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I must say I much prefer this Board compared to Lexx.com. There are some pretty odd and rude people posting at the offical Board. At least people who post here have something interesting to say and enjoy lexx for what it is.

Its just a shame its so quite around here these days.

If you are still out there, its time for a roll-call. Please state your names.

Anonymous

I was trying to h4elp you JJ but it didnt work. I agree with you. I have been talking in the #lexx and I would of thought that they where my age and have some really good chats about lexx. But people are in their teens in there. Not that I have a problem with that. Its really silly in there. And the same people in ther eare the ones who post in lexx.com

Anonymous

NB1 reporting for duty, J.J.!!! (You’re getting the full salute!!) I visit Sad’s site everyday but sometimes I just don’t have the time to post,,,,it’s right on and off!! But I try to read everybody’s posts as some of the nicest peeps are on this site..And certainly some of the smartest and most thought-provoking, you, Valdron, Aleck, and D.T. to name a few…and there are many more..Squishey, TheFrey, FX, Hypatia, ooops, time to go again! Sorry if I left anybody out, you know who you are!

Anonymous

Yea. Thanks for the support. I wish I hadnt posted that topic on the connection between Goths and Lexx. A couple really went off on one. Okay, I made a silly joke but I think it went over their head. Oh well…

Ill stick to Sadboard its more fun, nicer people and the debate and discussion is a lot more lexxian.

Anonymous

JJ, I just read that thread on the Lexx Bored, you apologized about four times and still it went on and on…I would stick to Sad’s site – not as much tension…

Anonymous

You get plenty of terratorial ****ing around boards, Lexx.com is pretty bad though. The funniest thing for me is when people either disagree or claim someones opinion is wrong. How can an opinion be wrong? Never really understood the logic there.

Besides which the content on their site just sucks. Im sure there is a reason but Id rather hang out at Saddys place anyday. To even kiss more ass what I like here is that not only does it have the best Lexx content and reviews (speaking of where the hell are the new eps Saddy!?!) but it also has a great deal more cult Sci-Fi, sure Id love to see an EFC section or a Cleopatra2525 section but they’re done anyway so oh well.

Anonymous

I’m here too…I just don’t always have a lot of time to post. I went to lexx.com ages ago, and found the people there to be very rude. I never went back, and don’t feel like I’m missing anything.

Headgehog
    Participant

Its funny that you should bring up territorial and rude posters. When I made my first post here at the sadboard, the response to it was quite rude and it almost kept me from making another post. It was another week before I got the chutzbah to post another reply. Whereas my first post on scifi had alot of good friendly replies. My first impression was that sadboard was for hardcore scifi fans and veteran bboards posters, whereas scifi was more friendly to newbies. Well as time progressed I realized this wasn’t nessecarily true. I found that this place is really more friendly in general, and that that first guy was just a dick. Scifi is still a friendly place, but I’ve notied that if you say the wrong thing, people will come out of the woodwork to jump all over you. And I’m not talking about stupid trolls being themselves, but rather normal posters.

Lexx.com has just been reborn. There’s the old veteran posters, and then theres the new guys trying to become alpha male of the new forum. So there’s people who wan to affirm that they’ve been there for awhile and want respect from “their” bored, and then there’s the new guy trying to beat his way to the top. Which is worse, you tell me. I’m certainly not saying that everyone over there is like that, just a small but loud few.

There’s jerks where ever you go in life.

Flamegrape
    Participant

I didn’t get any response when I posted there at Lexx.Com.

Anonymous

(Headgehog) Its funny that you should bring up territorial and rude posters. When I made my first post here at the sadboard, the response to it was quite rude and it almost kept me from making another post.

Sorry about that Headgy, but I see myself as the cluster lizard sentry here and I attack anyone who’s new, coz it’s fun and I’m just a sado-masochistic freakazoid.
    It was great that you had the nerve to come back though, not many get mauled by a cluster lizard and survive.
    Actually it wasn’t me really, I was just being a bit silly as usual, personally I hate it when someone new here get’s that sort of response.
    I do remember who attacked you, and we all set about tearing into that person shortly after, thankfully they seemed to have refrained from attacking new members on the board.
    I’ve never ventured to other Sci-Fi boards, because of the stories I’ve heard I wouldn’t want too, it’s much more pleasant here, and anyone who wants to upset the status quo would have a rather nasty cluster lizard chasing after them!!!
    I agree with JJ though, it does get quiet around here, once in a while I like to get silly (like with yourself and Hypatia), or start some of that wild and wacky theorizing.
    Unfortunately this season hasn’t really been the sort of season where you can come up with a theory or two (damn those beans).
    But if you and Hypatia is interested, I’d love to have a go at writing a short story, one where one of us began with a first chapter and then the other’s add too it as we go along.
    Squishy

Anonymous

I have to agree that this forum is the best that I have seen so far. Plus, for me, being an unregistered member/user, I like it better. I do not have e-mail yet, therefore I cannot join that forum (Lexx.com) I am happy to be accepted here.

Anonymous

quote:

Lexx.com has just been reborn. There’s the old veteran posters, and then theres the new guys trying to become alpha male of the new forum. So there’s people who wan to affirm that they’ve been there for awhile and want respect from “their” bored, and then there’s the new guy trying to beat his way to the top. Which is worse, you tell me. I’m certainly not saying that everyone over there is like that, just a small but loud few.
    [/QB]

You sure got that right = they called me a newbie. I hate that word. Just because Im new dont mean anything. I know lots they dont. Anyways, I think its kinda ramperroom in there. Oh well..

bonnee
    Participant

Yes, certain forums do have a tendency to be hermetically sealed environments or self replicating beings, but I would query the use of term ‘odd’ to describe any Lexx fan perjoratively. surely that is the appeal of Lexx and each of its fans to begin with. Its almost as if you want to claim that this is the place to be normal – in which case, no self respecting Lexx fan would want to belong here.

FX
    Participant

wow! with all the quiet around here, i thought everyone had gone to the lexxbored what a pleasant surprise this thread is…jj, i have to admit your post about the lexxbored having more visitors drove me to visit, as i hadn’t been there since it went down…and in fact, didn’t know it was back up but as you and headgehog and the others alluded, there seemed to be the clannish thing again…and some snarling at the ‘newbies’…anyway, it’s good to know you guys still care; and let me put in a shameless plug…jeff hirschfield wants to do chat on 8 pm on a saturday to try to get the british peeps involved *that would be one am in the morning for squishy and saddy*…i’m afraid that’s the best we can do as he is a new papa and has family demands…so how about it guys? some saturday in march? i really want all of you to be there pelting him with questions…the interview is just the beginning love to ‘oldies’ and ‘newbies’, fx

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    wow! with all the quiet around here, i thought everyone had gone to the lexxbored what a pleasant surprise this thread is…jj, i have to admit your post about the lexxbored having more visitors drove me to visit, as i hadn’t been there since it went down…and in fact, didn’t know it was back up but as you and headgehog and the others alluded, there seemed to be the clannish thing again…and some snarling at the ‘newbies’…anyway, it’s good to know you guys still care; and let me put in a shameless plug…jeff hirschfield wants to do chat on 8 pm on a saturday to try to get the british peeps involved *that would be one am in the morning for squishy and saddy*…i’m afraid that’s the best we can do as he is a new papa and has family demands…so how about it guys? some saturday in march? i really want all of you to be there pelting him with questions…the interview is just the beginning love to ‘oldies’ and ‘newbies’, fx

Squishy will be there, but Squishy doesn’t understand all this must have mirc compliant browser stuff, but if Squishy can squeeze his top knot through the portal, then I’ll be there.
    And thanx for thinking of us FX, I’ve had to miss a few in the past (well all of ’em!!!) so it will be great to finally be present at one, and I’ll try to be good…honest I will!!!
    Squishy

bonnee
    Participant

I’ll try and be there FX – there are lots of questions I’d like to ask him, but your recent interview suggests that he would only be interested in taking the **** out of everything, including himself of course. I’ll just have to work out when that time will be in Australian hours and do my best to get a proper answer out of him (I think I’ll try and bond with him by way of also being a recent father – we can share filled nappy stories as a way into discussing our thoughts on season 4 )

Anonymous

FX- That would be fan-freaking-tastic! Saturday nights work so much better for me! Every Sunday I get caught up in the domestic doing’s and by the time I remember something cool was happening, it’s too late.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bonnee:
    I’ll just have to work out when that time will be in Australian hours

It’ll be at 11am Sydney time on a Sunday.

bonnee
    Participant

thanx Headgehog – you are (as always) too kind for words. probably won’t be able to manage now though: that’s when I’m off to bed after doing the night shift with my newborn.

Anonymous

I’m more of a “lurker” than a poster I guess, but I do occasionally like to say a word or two. It does seem like there are a few poeple out there who are more worried about voicing an OT opinion or slamming other posters than actually discussing Lexx (Case in point: the person on the scifi.com board last week who decided we needed to be “saved” by his/her “religious” standards – that p!ssed off quite a few people and was generally pretty unnecessary anyway). To each his (or her) own, but I’m guessing most people check into the Sadgeezer Lexx site (or other Lexx sites for that matter) for the latest Lexx happenings.

OK, I am finished babbling except that I am a rabid Lexx fan and I live for it’s weirdness. Oh yeah, and Sadgeezer runs a great site too.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jkd112:
    but I’m guessing most people check into the Sadgeezer Lexx site (or other Lexx sites for that matter) for the latest Lexx happenings.

welcome jkd112. From the statistics I’ve heard, sadgeezer.com gets more hits then lexx.com. I’m not sure about scifi since there statistics aren’t broken up by different show pages. However (as its been expalined to me) many sad hits aren’t for the sadboard. In terms of on topic posts sad sees more traffic then scifi and lexx.com. But lexx.com has just been reborn and its future usage is unknown.

quote:

Orginally posted by Squish:
    But if you and Hypatia is interested, I’d love to have a go at writing a short story, one where one of us began with a first chapter and then the other’s add too it as we go along.
    Squishy

Works for me, general scifi fic forum sound good?

Anonymous
    Inactive

the old bored used to be a very nice place.

Anonymous

I haven’t been here long, but my nick is Dragonchrome and if you don’t already know I am in Australia.
    G’Day
    later
    D

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:

Works for me, general scifi fic forum sound good?

Cool, well I get an idea rolling over the weekend and pitch it to you guys, then we’ll get Lex G to look over it, submit it to Fox or MGM, hire George Clooney and some woman with big bazookas to star in it, make lots of filthy lucre and retire in Beverly Hills…ok getting a bit ahead of myself!!!
    Seriously, as I suggested it, maybe I should start, nothing springs to mind right now, but I have the weekend to get those creative juices flowing.
    Oh, and don’t worry, it won’t be like the last silliness we came up with, but a more serious attempt at Sci-Fi fic.
    One thing though, shall it be Lexx based or whole new premise away from Lexx?, I say this because I doubt anyone can recreate Lexx humour and I wouldn’t dare try, and you just can’t do Lexx without sexual innuendo and humour.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by dragonchrome:
    I haven’t been here long, but my nick is Dragonchrome and if you don’t already know I am in Australia.
    G’Day
    later
    D

Howdy Doody Dragonchrome (excellent nick), it seems like Australia must be smaller than it appears on the map, we seem to be having many folk from Oz turning up at Saddy’s, word get’s about quick over there!!!
    Anyhoo, welcome to the Sadboard, and you can now look forward to many a blissful hour trying to figure out whether it’s members are just sad or totally insane, except Lexxians always have that covered!!!
    Squishy

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:
    Oh, and don’t worry, it won’t be like the last silliness we came up with, but a more serious attempt at Sci-Fi fic.
    One thing though, shall it be Lexx based or whole new premise away from Lexx?, I say this because I doubt anyone can recreate Lexx humour and I wouldn’t dare try, and you just can’t do Lexx without sexual innuendo and humour.

Let’s try soemthign non-Lexx based. I’m not to big on reading fanfics, but I do like reading/writing original stuff. If the “silliest cluster lizard in the two universes” can’t think up something by Sunday, I’ll try to throw soemthing out there. But yea a serious attempt at scifi sound great.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:

Let’s try soemthign non-Lexx based. I’m not to big on reading fanfics, but I do like reading/writing original stuff. If the “silliest cluster lizard in the two universes” can’t think up something by Sunday, I’ll try to throw soemthing out there. But yea a serious attempt at scifi sound great.

Unfortunately I won’t be around until monday, but it does give me the weekend to mull it over and come up with something.
    But if you beat me to it, then all the better, I’ll go with whatever come up with.
    I’ve had a few thoughts since the last post, one being a supernatural/sci-fi alien extravaganza titled ‘The Sign’, essentially an idea about ghosts actually being alien entities (tell me if it sounds ridiculous).
    Another one called ‘Dark Mass’, not too disimilar to The Fifth Element, not sure on how to create a premise on it, trying to be original is proving difficult.
    But I had a thought about this being based on Earth of the past and present, say through time this event occurs that causes the extinction of the promonient race on the planet, and that this is actually where evil was first contemplated by ancient races, not sure whether to make it appear sentient or just a natural occuring disaster.
    Anyhoo, I’ll toy with those and attempt to refine them, or just come up with something completely different!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

Lurker reporting in. On the whole, this place is more informative.

[ 22-02-2002: Message edited by: Enox ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by LexxLurker:
    Im sure there is a reason but Id rather hang out at Saddys place anyday.

never need a reason to hang around the SadGeezer..he’s the damndest sexiest geezer around!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

something smells fishy around here..
    (LTNS)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.