ok…ok… just answer me this stupid question

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx ok…ok… just answer me this stupid question

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Christine Carroll
    Participant

Ok… I know if any of you have read my lastest post about lexx…(it saying it’s the first episode I’ve seen..) that I really don’t know muxh about lexx. Its people or anything like that…. but what is with the ship?? Can someone tell me why it looks like a giant Dick and balls??? and why in the episode “Garden” (which is as yet the only one i’ve seen ) why did all the water jusgs..whatever… look like a DICK AND BALLS as well?? it just seems alittle odd to me… I mean is this a normal trade mark of Lexx or something?? JUST WONDERING!!

——————
    “to air is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Christine Carroll:
    Ok… I know if any of you have read my lastest post about lexx…(it saying it’s the first episode I’ve seen..) that I really don’t know muxh about lexx. Its people or anything like that…. but what is with the ship?? Can someone tell me why it looks like a giant Dick and balls??? and why in the episode “Garden” (which is as yet the only one i’ve seen ) why did all the water jusgs..whatever… look like a DICK AND BALLS as well?? it just seems alittle odd to me… I mean is this a normal trade mark of Lexx or something?? JUST WONDERING!!

Seems that one of the major themes of LEXX (if not all of life in general) is that of sexual frustration. Xev usually can’t get what she wants, Stan can’t get what he wants, 790 *never* gets what he wants, and Kai, well, the dead…do not have wants. The ever-present male and female sexual symbols are there kind of as a humorous counterpoint to the fact that nobody is generally able to use their own, as it were.
    Well, that’s my theory, anyway.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Christine Carroll:

Seems that one of the major themes of LEXX (if not all of life in general) is that of sexual frustration. Xev usually can’t get what she wants, Stan can’t get what he wants, 790 *never* gets what he wants, and Kai, well, the dead…do not have wants. The ever-present male and female sexual symbols are there kind of as a humorous counterpoint to the fact that nobody is generally able to use their own, as it were.
    Well, that’s my theory, anyway.

–Aleck

DalekTek790
    Participant

You people are sick. I’m sure noone meant them to look like that.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

DalekTek790
    Participant

You people are sick. I’m sure noone meant them to look like that.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

I’m new here, but I’m not new to Lexx. I got hooked on it when they first started showing it in the US since they’d play it at 1 am and I am a total insomniac. That being said (for lack of a better introduction) I have to admit that I love the way the Lexx looks. It cracks me up, especially in Supernova, when it’s getting dragged back to the planet. I just about fell on the floor with the giggles.

The watering cans, I have to say, started to freak me out after a bit. But, nothing compares to the showers in the Lexx or the toilet.

Why the Beans make everything look like a bug or male genitals, I do not know. I don’t ponder on it real hard. Probably just a personal display of their own sick and twisted senses of humor. Which is cool with me, since I’m doing a lot of laughing, which probably means I also have a twisted sense of humor… hehehe

——————
    ~*~I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock~*~ They Might
    Be Gia

Anonymous

I’m new here, but I’m not new to Lexx. I got hooked on it when they first started showing it in the US since they’d play it at 1 am and I am a total insomniac. That being said (for lack of a better introduction) I have to admit that I love the way the Lexx looks. It cracks me up, especially in Supernova, when it’s getting dragged back to the planet. I just about fell on the floor with the giggles.

The watering cans, I have to say, started to freak me out after a bit. But, nothing compares to the showers in the Lexx or the toilet.

Why the Beans make everything look like a bug or male genitals, I do not know. I don’t ponder on it real hard. Probably just a personal display of their own sick and twisted senses of humor. Which is cool with me, since I’m doing a lot of laughing, which probably means I also have a twisted sense of humor… hehehe

——————
    ~*~I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock~*~ They Might
    Be Gia

Anonymous

Well.
    What can I say?
    The Beans are horny little freaks! They are acting out what they always wished they could do….(Check out their interviews; they invariably resort to suggesting that they share a hot tub with every female that they’ve cast!)
    Uh, yeah, their saving grace is that they recognize heroic sagas. They’re making a legend for the 21st Century. That makes me happy. What’s weird about it is that Humanity as a whole is looked upon with such distain in this series.
    Our only REAL hero is a darn dead guy! (Bringing about thoughts on the Isis/Osirus Legend) Uh – but that would require Xev to mount him and uh…drag dead sperm from him, and that won’t happen here…unless…the Beans get really desparate!
    *sigh* Look to 790 to see the Beans’ attitude towards female fans…
    *790 using her go cart to hump Kai’s leg*
    It’s tragic, really.
    *Rustam blinks*
    Ah, but then, we women act a bit mysogenistic
    towards the males of the series… I dunno, we’re all equal when it comes right down to it. If the fem fans had their way, Kai would be humping anything that moved… uh, strike that… anything that WALKS. *heh*
    Or slithers…. or…
    Somebody! Pllleaazz drag me outtah the gutter before I drown!

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

Well.
    What can I say?
    The Beans are horny little freaks! They are acting out what they always wished they could do….(Check out their interviews; they invariably resort to suggesting that they share a hot tub with every female that they’ve cast!)
    Uh, yeah, their saving grace is that they recognize heroic sagas. They’re making a legend for the 21st Century. That makes me happy. What’s weird about it is that Humanity as a whole is looked upon with such distain in this series.
    Our only REAL hero is a darn dead guy! (Bringing about thoughts on the Isis/Osirus Legend) Uh – but that would require Xev to mount him and uh…drag dead sperm from him, and that won’t happen here…unless…the Beans get really desparate!
    *sigh* Look to 790 to see the Beans’ attitude towards female fans…
    *790 using her go cart to hump Kai’s leg*
    It’s tragic, really.
    *Rustam blinks*
    Ah, but then, we women act a bit mysogenistic
    towards the males of the series… I dunno, we’re all equal when it comes right down to it. If the fem fans had their way, Kai would be humping anything that moved… uh, strike that… anything that WALKS. *heh*
    Or slithers…. or…
    Somebody! Pllleaazz drag me outtah the gutter before I drown!

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

Originally posted by Rustam:
    Well.
    What can I say?
    The Beans are horny little freaks! They are acting out what they always wished they could do

canadian frat rats was the term i’d use, god bless ’em! okay, so getting laid still occupies most of their thoughts if not their realities but at least they have libidos and i’d rather deal with that then the eunuchs i have to work with any day of the week, at least i know and understand their motivations and besides, you cannot really fault men for reducing women to sex objects when women do the same thing to men: they are just more circumspect about it! and you can always give them the benefit of the doubt (and be REALLY pretentious!) by saying they are satirizing the misogynistic ethic of our male dominated society! who cares, it’s usually fun and sometimes it misses, just makes the ‘on’ days that much better

continuing in the pretentious vein, i might mention the latent homosexuality issues implied by the ubiquitous phallic symbols

fx dives in and breast crawls after rustam, pulling her out of the gutter by her hair

[This message has been edited by FX (edited 02-01-2001).]

Anonymous

Originally posted by Rustam:
    Well.
    What can I say?
    The Beans are horny little freaks! They are acting out what they always wished they could do

canadian frat rats was the term i’d use, god bless ’em! okay, so getting laid still occupies most of their thoughts if not their realities but at least they have libidos and i’d rather deal with that then the eunuchs i have to work with any day of the week, at least i know and understand their motivations and besides, you cannot really fault men for reducing women to sex objects when women do the same thing to men: they are just more circumspect about it! and you can always give them the benefit of the doubt (and be REALLY pretentious!) by saying they are satirizing the misogynistic ethic of our male dominated society! who cares, it’s usually fun and sometimes it misses, just makes the ‘on’ days that much better

continuing in the pretentious vein, i might mention the latent homosexuality issues implied by the ubiquitous phallic symbols

fx dives in and breast crawls after rustam, pulling her out of the gutter by her hair

Anonymous

‘Nads? I noticed no ‘nads! SPLASH! gurgle, gurgle, gurg…

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

Anonymous

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:

Ahem, since we are splashing about….. Dangit, know I forgot what I wanted to say!

Oh, yeah, now I remember…I wouldn’t want to see everything in sight humping Kai. After watching FarScape and seeing John Crichton getting anything that isn’t male, makes me wonder why he hasn’t broken out with alien herpes or something. Also, gets a tad predictable. “Oh, look a new guest starring actress who is alone with John. Golly gee, I wonder what will happen this time!”

I rather like seeing the chase too and no one ever getting to go past the finish line.
    And yeah, sometimes Stan chasing is a bit tedious, but it’s always fun to see what they come up for him NOT to get any. hrmmm, I just realized that Stan and the Lexx have something in common. Every planet that meets Lexx blows up and every woman (besides Xev) that meets Stanley dies. EEgads!

*gurgle

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited 02-02-2001).]

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:

Ahem, since we are splashing about….. Dangit, know I forgot what I wanted to say!

Oh, yeah, now I remember…I wouldn’t want to see everything in sight humping Kai. After watching FarScape and seeing John Crichton getting anything that isn’t male, makes me wonder why he hasn’t broken out with alien herpes or something. Also, gets a tad predictable. “Oh, look a new guest starring actress who is alone with John. Golly gee, I wonder what will happen this time!”

I rather like seeing the chase too and no one ever getting to go past the finish line.
    And yeah, sometimes Stan chasing is a bit tedious, but it’s always fun to see what they come up for him NOT to get any. hrmmm, I just realized that Stan and the Lexx have something in common. Every planet that meets Lexx blows up and every woman (besides Xev) that meets Stanley dies. EEgads!

*gurgle

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited 02-02-2001).]

Anonymous

I think it’s all in fun,the world revolves around sex.It’s in everything we all get a giggle out of sexual inuendo,so why not on lexx…

Anonymous

I think it’s all in fun,the world revolves around sex.It’s in everything we all get a giggle out of sexual inuendo,so why not on lexx…

Anonymous

You need to rent I worship his shadow
    Supernova Gigashadow All under the titles Tales from a Parallel Universe AND if possible see the episode titled Mantrid AND the episode right after that were zev dies……You will be hooked. Don’t judge the show from season 3, it hasn’t been they’re best. By the way, have you seen a shower scene yet?

Anonymous

You need to rent I worship his shadow
    Supernova Gigashadow All under the titles Tales from a Parallel Universe AND if possible see the episode titled Mantrid AND the episode right after that were zev dies……You will be hooked. Don’t judge the show from season 3, it hasn’t been they’re best. By the way, have you seen a shower scene yet?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.