Re-Watching Old Shows

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Re-Watching Old Shows

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Why is it that I can re-watch Lexx episodes over and over again and enjoy them? What makes Lexx episodes different to other stuff which I enjoy but find it hard to watch an episode more than a couple of times before coming bored? For example, Im a Lexx and a Farscape fan yet I get bored if I watch a farscape episode more than once or twice but I can watch Lexx episodes over and over again. Odd that. Does Lexx have a hidden X (or eXX) factor? More depth? Is it the humour? I dont know.

Anonymous

Well, it’s probably most because Lexx IS “different from other shows”.
    If you watch shows that tries to copy old popular shows like Star Trek you will always get the feeling that you have already seen it.

If StarTrek or Starwars were reality than watching Lexx whould be dreaming. It, like a dream, takes small parts from reality and twist it, bend it and blend it together.

That’s what CAN make the show difficult to start watching for people who are new to it, since it doesn’t resemble old shows that much.
    I has no problems though, but that’s just because I’m weird. ๐Ÿ™‚

And another thing, Lexx tends to focus alot on great dialogs. And not on technicalities.

Anonymous

I can watch Star Wars over and over again as well though. Even the Phantom Menace!

Maybe it certain films and shows are made with a certain passion and that translates on the screen and makes the whole thing more rewatchable than the usual by-the-numbers sci-fi.

Anonymous

I dunno, it seems like everytime I watch Lexx I see somthing new. It wasn’t till the 3rd time I watched The Key that I realized how cleverly Kai trapped Prince.

dgrequeen
    Participant

Actually, it’s those subliminal messages embedded in the frames:

You will be assimilated.

Resistance is futile.

And you thought those were just lines made up by some Star Trek writers, didn’t you?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.