Riverworld

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Buk
    Participant

Did anyone see Riverworld on the Sci-Fi channel? I liked it a lot (I’ve always been a Philip Jose Farmer fan) But it looks like they just did the one show? I mean it was kinda unfinished if you understand me. I can’t find anything about them finishing the series on scifi.com. Has anyone heard anything? Of course I may just be dumb and everyone knows but me…

Anonymous

I didn’t see it. Was i9t on in the UK, I’m a PJF fan myself.

Buk
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

I didn’t see it. Was i9t on in the UK, I’m a PJF fan myself.

I don’t know if it showed in the U.K., I saw it in the U.S. They showed it as a saturday movie and made a big deal about it and then showed it a month later early in the morning. The site for it is here http://www.scifi.com/onair/scifipictures/riverworld/

Anonymous

It was set up as a pilot for a potential series. Alliance Atlantis put it into development for Sci-Fi US, but it went absolutely nowhere (both because it just wasn’t any good, really, despite some high production values and a fairly firm literary basis, and because Sci-Fi US pretty much has dropped anything it doesn’t have a firm proprietary hold on or can’t get for cheap). So, to answer your question, yeah. It was supposed to continue on after that. And somehow, given the plot of the first movie, I think it would’ve ended up being the Love Boat for dead celebrities. “This week, wackiness ensues when Captain Sam ‘Mark Twain’ Clemens tries to find love with Eleanor Roosevelt!”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.