SadBOARD has been fixed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Welp, the board did it to us again!

This time (according to my ISP), the server needed to be re-booted. For some strange reason (that wasn’t explained) it appeared to magic up the year 2010 in the date stamp instead of 2001. This caused awful problems for people as when the tried to view messages all had gone!

This was because most people who use the board have the option of viewing all messages within a certain timeframe (ie 2 days) turned on. And since the board had suddenly moved forwards ten years, it appeared that there were no messages. The messages were actually all there, as you may have seen by selecting the ‘view all messages’ option.

The date is back to normal again now and we shouldn’t have any more problems.

I have had to delete a couple of corrupt messages and I’ve tried to fix a few others.

Thanks for your patience.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    Welp, the board did it to us again!

This time (according to my ISP), the server needed to be re-booted. For some strange reason (that wasn’t explained) it appeared to magic up the year 2010 in the date stamp instead of 2001. This caused awful problems for people as when the tried to view messages all had gone!

This was because most people who use the board have the option of viewing all messages within a certain timeframe (ie 2 days) turned on. And since the board had suddenly moved forwards ten years, it appeared that there were no messages. The messages were actually all there, as you may have seen by selecting the ‘view all messages’ option.

The date is back to normal again now and we shouldn’t have any more problems.

I have had to delete a couple of corrupt messages and I’ve tried to fix a few others.

Thanks for your patience.

Dose this have anything to do with the fact that the SadBoard was about exactly one year old when the problem started? If I remember correctly, the new forums were put up on December 11, 2000. Anyway, I was going to wish the new SadBoard a happy first birthday, but I couldn’t post.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.