Scenes from the cutting room floor

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Scenes from the cutting room floor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

There’s a lot more to LEXX than you see onscreen. Quite often episodes run long, and several minutes have to be cut out for the final version to fit into the television timeslot. There’s also the factor of censorship. A number of network people have say over what can make it to the screen. They didn’t go for the plotline of 790 acquiring a female cyborg body and cheating on Kai with Stan, for instance. They give us the whole “too much nudity and violence” treatment and we end up having to cut the whole scene, jealous assassin and all. Plus we test screen the episodes with small audiences before we decide on the final cut. And if they react negatively, shouting things like “he shouldn’t die that way” and “no, Kai, I’m the one you want” at the screen then we consider some creative editing to make the episodes more appealing to the fans. Some cut scenes are real losses, others are for the better. Since you’re all big fans of the show, I thought I’d give you some idea of what could’ve been. The following information has never been revealed before, by the way.

SCENES CUT FROM EPISODES OF LEXX

I Worship His Shadow -His Divine Shadow to Kai: “The Time Prophet never told you what happened to your father…”

The Giga shadow -Kai finishes his sentance before passing out. Kai: Farewell, Zev, my sincere hope is that you and Stan will make a great couple now that I’m not around to interfere. Zev: *tortured lizard scream*

Love Grows -Kai is feminized. Female Kai: “The dead have needs, too.” Male Xev: “‘Blah blah blah’, off with the codpiece, living dead girl.”

White Trash -Touching scene on Vermal. Norb: “Are you and Angel?” Xev: “I hear a voice, but it sounds prepubescent.”

Lafftrak -“The Ladies’ Man” starring Kai.

Wake the Dead -Product placement for Surge.

Patches in the Sky -Gubby tries to roll up and smoke Lyekka.
    Also, a message from Fruitcake: Say no to drugs, kids.

Woz -Wozard rap video following the vegetable sequence.

The Web -Paul Donovan steps in to explain to viewers what the hell is going on.

Brizon -Disgusting chopped liver and onions scene.

Gametown -Entire subplot regarding 790’s female body and Stan.

K-Town -On Fire Stan is attacked by Gene Roddenberry. Soul: “The guy in the red shirt is supposed to die…the guy in the red shirt always dies…”

Tunnels -Kai is psychoanalyzed by Dr. Rainbow. Kai: “‘Repressed sexual desires’? That’s bull. I want my two dollars back.”
    Also, a sincere apology from the writers.

The Beach -His Divine Shadow is God.

Xevivor -Farley sings “The Real Schlem Schadi.”
    Also, Kai: “After searching two universes in life and death for over six thousand years I’ve finally found the woman of my dreams. I love you, Tina.”

Fluff Daddy -Alternate ending. Xev: “What happened?” Dead Kai: “At the end of the cycle you devoured your mate, after copulating with him eleven times.” Xev: “That’s terrible. I killed the other you.” Living Kai: “I’m right here” Dead Kai: “It’s worse…” Living Kai: “Where’d you get that hat, Xev?”

——————
    Joe Fugazzi
    Salter Street Entertainment

note: if anyone took this post seriously I have a gondola to sell you.

dgrequeen
    Participant

Oh my God! You got me!

I was reading the first part, all serious like, thinking oboy this is really nice, those Salter guys really take care of us: and then I read the rest of it and LMAO!!

Especially the last one!! I can just picture Xev’s face!

Anonymous

Hilarious!! Great idea, I think we could come up with some more ‘alternate’ scenes that didn’t make it!
    Zev’s shower scene in Supernova, when Stanley is peeping in the door, she turns around and has scaly breasts.
    Kai in Gametown, when Bunny jumps on him and wraps her legs around his back. Kai”How do you like my new accessory?”

DalekTek790
    Participant

In response to the question asked in a now vanished post, I was the one who pseudonymously started this topic. I’m glad some people found it funny (my last joke post wasn’t too well received).

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Anonymous

upto the lafftrak post i was believing your lies you evil evil man! lmao! ;o)~

Anonymous

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    [QB]In response to the question asked in a now vanished post, I was the one who pseudonymously started this topic. I’m glad some people found it funny (my last joke post wasn’t too well received).

DT, sometimes you seem so serious and your posts have little or no humor and then you go and do something like this and “Completely redeem yourself!!!!!” (my favorite quote from “Dumb and Dumber”) Anyhow I really enjoyed it and found it quite funny….you do have a great imagination….

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by NB1:
    DT, sometimes you seem so serious and your posts have little or no humor and then you go and do something like this and “Completely redeem yourself!!!!!” (my favorite quote from “Dumb and Dumber”) Anyhow I really enjoyed it and found it quite funny….you do have a great imagination….

Well, I can’t be serious all the time. Anyway, I’m glad my wit is appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.