Sci-fi Vacuum.. but some good news!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Sci-fi Vacuum.. but some good news!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sidhecafe
    Participant

that would be me…lately I’ve only been able to catch a few SG1 reruns and not much else….

busy busy little faerie lately!

I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL!!!!! YEAAHHH!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    so I start really having no life this fall ๐Ÿ˜‰

and I’ve fallen in love with a wonderful man who loves Star Wars almost as much as I do!!! ….though I did get one sidelong glance about the fact I read http://www.starwars.com’s databank sometimes….

I am going to see Hitchhiker’s I think….just because I did have my towel with me through most of 8th grade and beyond…
    and I really wan tot see Revenge of the Sith..

Anyone hear if it got the PG rating or not????

YOWAYYO
    Participant
    Sidhecafe wrote:

I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL!!!!! YEAAHHH!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    so I start really having no life this fall ๐Ÿ˜‰

Congrats are definately in order!

I took the GMAT last August but didn’t do so hot…maybe I should hit the books harder if I decide to try it again 8)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Congratulations on both counts! I keep on wanting to go back to school. Oh, and try to get your beau to post here, if he hasn’t already. I tried really hard to get my wife posting here — if only we had a “reality TV” shows forum. ๐Ÿ˜†

I’ll watch the HGttG movie — mainly since smashing my brains out with Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters for decades has impaired my judgement. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Revenge of the Sith got an X-rating. Oh wait, I think it did get a PG-13 rating, I was thinking of Revenge of the Syphilis (oh, I have a diseased mind).

Great news! ๐Ÿ™‚ No life? Sounds like you’ve got a very full life happening. Hope you’ll still find time to have a life here.

Just a useless anecdote: When at school, I found boards to be an excellent procrastination-tool — in fact I still do! But the distraction of writing posts also helped/helps me to regather my strength when faced with a difficult writing assignment. And posting helped me with essays when I found myself at a loss for words. But nothing beats a shower for focussing and energising that noggin.

Edit: SG-1 is a lot of fun, glad you’re watching it. So you didn’t manage to catch the new Battlestar Galactica? It wasn’t exactly a fun feel-good kind of show like, say, the new Doctor Who (which isn’t airing in the U.S. anyway), but I was very impressed by the quality of BSG by the end of the season (and this version doesn’t feel so much like a Star Wars rip-off — still love the original though — just different).

Sidhecafe
    Participant

YOWAYYO wrote:

Congrats are definately in order!

I took the GMAT last August but didn’t do so hot…maybe I should hit the books harder if I decide to try it again

Thank you!!! I managed to get away with taking the MAT (Millers Analogy Test) and I have to say I studied my butt off – every night in the library after work for 2 weeks….I wsa doing horrible on the practice tests too…but the real test was so much easier!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I was having a fit the morning before the test because I essentially over-studied my little brains out! But it was all worth it!

Logan wrote:

Congratulations on both counts! I keep on wanting to go back to school. Oh, and try to get your beau to post here, if he hasn’t already. I tried really hard to get my wife posting here — if only we had a “reality TV” shows forum.

Thanks Logan!! I’m very excited about school! It’ll be so great to put the noggin to use on stuff I’m really passionate about….as for my beau posting here…maybe if we added a board on windsurfing!
    But ya never know ๐Ÿ™‚

yeah that is a bit on the old proverbial plate….but I did manage to see the miniseries and several of the first episodes of BSG….I was very impressed!!! Very very impressed….I’m hoping to catch up at some point on the reruns scfi channel is running now before the new ones start.

And yes I think Sadgeezer.com will make excellent procrastination space ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ !!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.