Star Trek X Cameos announced

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Star Trek X Cameos announced

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

Based on an article from scifi.com Kate Mulgrew (Kathryn Janeway), Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) and Whoopi Goldberg (Guinan)will all have cameos in Star Trek: Nemisis. For an unknow reason Majel Barrett Roddenberry will not return as Lwaxana Troi. But this seems odd due to all the rumors circulting about Deanna Troi.

Flamegrape
    Participant

DIE, WESLEY, DIE!

*ahem*

What are the rumors about Deanna Troi?

Anonymous

Maybe they were planning to kill her?

I know the actress that played Troi always whined in previous movies because her role was too small.

Anonymous

Actually now that I read the article it sounds like she might be marrying Worf or Riker.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by LexxLurker:
    Actually now that I read the article it sounds like she might be marrying Worf or Riker.

SPOILER SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    SPOILER
    According to an article posted on scifi.com (many moons ago), she will be marrying Riker. In addition the new movie deals with the Romulans. However there has been no rumors about Denise Crosby returning as Sela.

Anonymous

1. die wesly die

2. when was was woopie in star trek?

Anonymous

Bekka:

Whoopi Golberg played “Guinen” (spelling?) the same race that Malcom McDowell was in Star Trek: Generations. She was in quite a few series episodes and even a few movies.

Anonymous

1. die wesly die

Oh come on. He’s not that bad. At least it’s not as terrible as N’sync appearing in Episode 2.

Anonymous

I agree with Larq! Be careful what you wish for!

Whoopi Golberg was playing Guinen! The bartender onbord Enterprise D! (TNG)
    She disapeared from the show at the end but returned in Star Trek: Generasions in the same role! She was rescued by Enterprise B the same day Kirk disapeard!
    She is the one who told Picard about the Ribbon! Shes the same race as the badguy in Generasions!
    Picard first met her on earth when he whent back in time to 1800-something! She told him to go or they would never have met for the first time!

Rumors say that the reson why she was in the show was because she loved TOS, I dont know!

Anonymous

Oh my god!

You people are ignorant for supposed fans.

Whoopi’s inspiration for even becoming an actress was Uhura.

As a little girl she was amzed that a vlack woman could be on TV, without being in the role of a maid or servant. At that time, everywhere in the U.S. black people had it rough, except on Star Trek, Ms. Nichols received an unprecendented role for a black person.

ANd Malcolm McDowell’s character and Guinan were not of the same race, just happened to be in the same place when the ribbon ripped through a space station.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    Oh my god!

You people are ignorant for supposed fans.

Whoopi’s inspiration for even becoming an actress was Uhura.

As a little girl she was amzed that a vlack woman could be on TV, without being in the role of a maid or servant. At that time, everywhere in the U.S. black people had it rough, except on Star Trek, Ms. Nichols received an unprecendented role for a black person.

ANd Malcolm McDowell’s character and Guinan were not of the same race, just happened to be in the same place when the ribbon ripped through a space station.

Ummm, if you read at the top there’s a little banner that reads ‘Cult Science Fiction Sadboard’, and seeing as Star Trek is not covered by this board I wouldn’t expect people to have a great deal of knowledge concerning Trek.
    I’m a great fan of it, and so is Aleck and possibly a few others have a passing interest, but I would hardly describe anyone as ‘ignorant’ simply because they didn’t know the reason why Whoopi became an actress, if you really think that’s the case then you’re in the wrong place.
    And your wrong about Malcolm McDowells character Dr Tolian Soran not being of the same race as Guinan, the incident where Guinan and himself were onboard the Lakul (it wasn’t a space station, it was a freight ship, if I remember rightly, the Excelsior was out on a shakedown cruise in which James T.Kirk was a guest onboard, and where history claimed he was killed)together and the Nexus ribbon hit them was 78 years prior to the events in Generations, as Guinan’s race were able to live for hundreds of years it meant that Soran could spend a very long time finding a way back as he was part of Guinans race.
    Squishy

[ 18-03-2002: Message edited by: Squishy ]

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:
    the incident where Guinan and himself were onboard the Lakul (it wasn’t a space station, it was a freight ship, if I remember rightly, the Excelsior was out on a shakedown cruise in which James T.Kirk was a guest onboard, and where history claimed he was killed)together and the Nexus ribbon hit them was 78 years prior to the events in Generations, as Guinan’s race were able to live for hundreds of years it meant that Soran could spend a very long time finding a way back as he was part of Guinans race.

Soran even says he’s of the same race as Guinan and Guinan says Soran is the same race as her! Guinan’s race was taken by the borg. Soran escape along with a few others to the fedaeration. That race of listeners (as they are described) had heard of the nexus and wanted to join it to escape the memories of the borg attack. That’s why the ships were inthe ribbon to beign with. Those who were thought to have be kille din the ribbon, didn’t die but instead were absorbed into the nexus. Only the Enterprise B (not he excelsior, but an excelsior class ship) thought they had all died to it was recorded that way. While most of the listeners put the nexus behind them, Soran became obsessed with getting back into it. Hence we get the movie Generations.

The Enterprise B wasn’t so much on a shakedown flight, but more of an inagural voyage. A quick flight around the solar system for the press.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:

Soran even says he’s of the same race as Guinan and Guinan says Soran is the same race as her! Guinan’s race was taken by the borg. Soran escape along with a few others to the fedaeration. That race of listeners (as they are described) had heard of the nexus and wanted to join it to escape the memories of the borg attack. That’s why the ships were inthe ribbon to beign with. Those who were thought to have be kille din the ribbon, didn’t die but instead were absorbed into the nexus. Only the Enterprise B (not he excelsior, but an excelsior class ship) thought they had all died to it was recorded that way. While most of the listeners put the nexus behind them, Soran became obsessed with getting back into it. Hence we get the movie Generations.

The Enterprise B wasn’t so much on a shakedown flight, but more of an inagural voyage. A quick flight around the solar system for the press.

Spot on there Headgy, my memory is a little jaded, but you are completely correct it was Enterprise B, but I think it was both a case of a shakedown cruise as well as a press outing, it seemed they were only really interested in seeing Kirk back on an Enterprise.
    Although I don’t think Guinan’s race had any intention of entering the Nexus, as it was a convoy of survivors from the Borg attacks, it seemed a random event as two ships were utterly destroyed by the Nexus, I can’t seem them putting themselves at that much risk, especially after The Borg had almost wiped them out.
    And of the survivors, it was only Soran that would go to any length to get back, Guinan did say she would do almost anything to get back there, but would not go as far as Soran.
    And Soran had not been that way before, the Borg had taken his family and his life, and in the Nexus he could be with them again, but you could tell that at first he was just a refugee and the experience of the Nexus was a random event, it was only afterwards did he make plans to return.
    Squishy

Headgehog
    Participant

humm, maybe your right abotu them not wanting to go into the Nexus, for the final cut. I don’t remember every detail of the movie that well. I do remember that it was part of one of the early scripts. Another scene that didn’t make it was an interrogation scene, of Soran questioning LaForge. In this scene he stops Geordi’s heart for a moment at a time to get him to answer his questions. At the end he finds out nothing, and Geordi passes out from exhasution. This is the source of Soran’s line “His heart just wasn’t in it”, after the Druass sister asked him if he found anything out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.