The Lexx’s "Sudden" Death

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx The Lexx’s "Sudden" Death

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    sgtdraino
    Participant

Many have wondered at how fast Lexx went from seemingly normal, to tired and senile, to eventual death in the course of an hour in Yo Way Yo. Seemed awfully sudden. I thought so too.

But re-watching Lyekka vs. Japan, I’ve got a theory:

At the end of that episode, the giant asteroid with legs fires three powerful shots at the Lexx. The Lexx, as always, says “Ouch,” but it seemed to me as if this time he shouted “ouch” louder than all the other times.

Yes, the Lexx is old, but perhaps those shots critically wounded him, accelerating the process of his death. Perhaps the Lexx was brain-damaged by those shots. He was hit in the head by them.

Ah well, it’s as good a theory as any, eh?

Anonymous

I think the Lexx’s rapid decline is due to him putting all his energies and “raw materials” into producing an offspring.

Since the Lexx was a bioengineered life form, or a cyborg, I’ve wondered if the Divine Order bothered with reproductive organs. It’s my theory that the Lexx knew he was near the end and his “new friend” in Dutch Treat was what he used to get genetic material to try to reproduce. I think the effort of reproducing drained the Lexx enough that it caused senility, but his physical disintergration was probably due to first Stan, then 790 pushing him beyond all endurance to fire his weapon.

He just literally fell apart. But at least he left an offspring behind.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.