The New SadGeezer.com, Special Features

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff The New SadGeezer.com, Special Features

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

The most dynamic area of the site has always been the SadBOARD. I’m continually surprised and encouraged by the posts there. Not only are they informative and entertaining but they are so very well written. Unfortunately, the old site needed a re-vamp and I took the opportunity to provide a more interactive modules and facilities for those of you who want them.

First of all the site is now modular. It was a collection of guides with a Bulletin Board. Now it is a collection of modules that enable all types of information the sci fi users are interested in, to be entered, either by myself, moderators or most importantly – YOU.

For instance. There have been many discussion about episodes that have been reviewed in the Guides. Now you will have the opportunity to firstly enter your OWN reviews (you will have a fully functional WYSIWYG html editor and the ability to upload your own pictures and scans etc.) but also you will be able to add comments to existing reviews. ALL reviewers thrive on feedback – some like to be corrected on errors that they have made (me especially) as well as read words of encouragement and support information eg. ‘Did you know by the way that Kai also appears in XXX show next week on Fox?’

The following are modules that will be available on the new site:

• SadGeezer Guides – the reviews of episodes, cultures and biographies of characters
    • SadSections – Support information and Guide menus (eg, Purity Tests, Glossaries etc.)
    • SadBOARD – A Whoppingly full featured Bulletin Board (all messages from this forum will be transferred).
    • SadHOO – The Sci Fi Links database
    • SadVOTE – A voting booth system with votes on all sorts of topics
    • SadCHAT – A Full featured php Chat room with private and specific chat rooms available
    • SadFAQ – Experts from this site and moderators will answer site and sci fi questions for you.
    • Sci Fi Events – A full featured web calendar – you wont believe the features of this module!
    • Sci Fi Choice – A repository of recommended books, games, DVD’s and videos recommended by YOU.
    • Sci Fi News – A simplified Sci Fi news feed service that enables YOU to enter news too.
    • Sci Fi Downloads – The same as Free Stuff but better – YOU can upload your artwork and pictures to the site as well
    • Sci Fi Search – Search through EVERYTHING on the site, posts, guides, books, links, users and user comments
    • My SadGeezer – Edit your own block of say your favourite links, reminders or anything you want (only appears for you)

Each of the new features will be outlined in the following posts in this forum (as I write them ). Please feel free to comment.

[ 16-01-2003: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Rag
    Participant

Looks great!!! Awaiting it with fervent anticipation and bated breath… which isn’t as easy as I make it look.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Rag:
    Looks great!!! Awaiting it with fervent anticipation and bated breath… which isn’t as easy as I make it look.

Yep, I choked just reading your post

I really hope you guys will like it! It’s been a lotof work but a complete labour of love. The inspiration for it came from SadBOARD posters. I compared teh quality (coolness) of posts on other sci fi boards, with this one and was taken aback!

You guys deserve a lot better!

And hopefully, you’ll get it at the end of the month

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.