The problem with lap dogs

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx The problem with lap dogs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Pat,dear Pat, please explain the dead and the lapdog teaser in your fun facts. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

LOL… I’m sorry; I don’t check the Lexx forums regularly any longer, so I only just noticed your question. ๐Ÿ™‚

Well… I was actually on set that day when Michael filmed his scenes with Goose, the little poodle-crossbreed you’ve probably seen in the photos on my site.

Goose belonged to a Salter employee, and thus wasn’t used to being on a film set, not being an animal trained for filming. But he was a cute and sedate little thing, as far as lapdogs go.

Well… Michael had to do this scene repeatedly where he’s sitting around feeding the dog while talking to Xenia, and cuddling/ kissing him. It was all really cute (cue Pat unobtrusively melting into a puddle of protein goo in a corner of the studio), and Michael was very concerned that the dog was okay; interrupting scenes when Goose started whining or seemed unhappy in any way. There was Michael stopping in mid-sentence to loosen the dog’s little coat, or asking people to take Goose out for a walk.

Everything went well… Until Goose decided that he’d had enough of being cuddled and fussed over, so he bit Michael on the lip as Michael leaned down.

Michael was okay, though, and kept saying afterwards that it had been his fault, not the dog’s; he should have taken note when Goose gave a little warning growl. I guess nobody expected the little dog to get impatient all of a sudden.

Lex was joking that the dog would need his rabies shots now; and both Lex and Michael had a laugh that this would make a great blooper. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I guess I was the only one who got all concerned and started fussing, seeing Michael run around with an ice pack on his lip. I kept throwing the dog evil glances and contemplated caninecide, but Michael took it all in very good humour. ๐Ÿ™‚

Neither dog nor actor were permanently damaged in any way.

Pat xx
    http://michaelmcmanustribute.cjb.net/%5B/url%5D

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Pat:
    LOL.

Neither dog nor actor were permanently damaged in any way.

Pat xx
    http://michaelmcmanustribute.cjb.net/%5B/url%5D

great story pat! guess i’ll have to think twice next time i quote mark twain and say that dogs are the only animals that show gratitude!

Anonymous

Pat! I love your website, and that’s a great story. I wonder how do you pull yourself together after melting into a “puddle of protein goo?” I’m afraid I’d sizzle and evaporate, drop by drop. Michael sounds like such a wonderful guy!

Anonymous

Hi, Pat! Thanks for the great story. Poor Michael, I hope he filled out a Workman’s Compensation form. Who knows if this injury will interfer with his job of sucking out poison,kissing bugs and robot heads.

Anonymous

If I had been there and MM’s lip swelled up – I would have fainted dead on the spot – I could not take his lips any more full and luscious!!! And I would have boldly volunteered to suck the dog poison out!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.