Trip trips in the ratings.

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Trip trips in the ratings.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

Well LEXX was in the top ten last week, but no such luck this time around. Farscape didn’t fare to well either this time. Tremors 3 topped the list with a 2.4. This was the first time scifi showed that movie, despite showing the first two on numerous occasions. Ironically Tremors 3 did better then B5:LotR and Firstarter, all this with the lexx advertising then Farscape or Lexx!

SHOW HHR
    Tremors 3 2.4
    Tremors 2 1.3
    Farscape 1.0
    Night of Living Dead 0.9
    Dead and Buried 0.9
    Heart & Souls 0.9
    Photographing Fairies 0.8
    Stepmother Alien 0.8
    Severed Ties 0.8
    What Dreams May Come 0.8

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 4/8/02 – 4/14/02

bonnee
    Participant

Its possible potential viewers were misled -and so discouraged – by the first twenty or so minutes. The Trip ended up being more imaginative and less stagey/set bound than first appearances – oh well, they missed a relatively decent episode. Presumably the final two ‘spectacular’ episodes would have attracted more than the diehard fans, and hopefully will readdress the lacklustre rating performance of season 4. I say hopefully because it is hoped that the variable ratings might incline the sci fi channel to want to invest in a more even tempered spin off.

Anonymous

Right on. I was talking with my dad about this episode. He’s only an occasional watcher because my mom doesn’t let him watch it.(She seems to come in every time there’s something offensive to her apparently)
    He didn’t know what the hell was going on. He described about kai being alive, and that’s all he could make sense out of the episode. I told him they were on drugs. If a casual viewer(like my dad) were flipping channels and happened upon it, they wouldnt know what the hell was going on. I think people on this board had a big debate about what was real and what was not in the episode, so it even managed to confuse us. The people who figured out what German musical inspired the music from Brigadoom and exactly what chess match they were playing in The Game.
    So it wasn’t an easy episode to figure out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.