Virus Warning, it may affect your C drive

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Virus Warning, it may affect your C drive

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Sci-Fi Fans,
    Earlier today, my daddy got a notice from my Aunt about a virus that you people may or may not know about & it could affect your C drive; when he got me, I was waking up from my nap & watching a baseball game. I read it slowly & thoroughly, then told him that I would post it in all the boards I go to; he said that would be fine & would probably be helpful to those who probably don’t know about it. So here it is:
    There’s an e-mail that’s going around with the name WTC, 9/11 & WTC Survivour; please DO NOT OPEN these messages or e-mails; they’re a virus that could destroy your C drive; it’s a nasty virus that disguises itself as an e-mail &/or e-mail attachment, that especially goes for WTC Survivour; instead delete it immediately or it will destroy your C drive. This will be going on for the next few weeks & even if you get a notice from a person you know telling you about this, also delete it, in case it’s the virus. WTC stands for World Trade Center & 9/11 stands for that horrific day in 2001.
    I thought I’d let you know about this so you people can become aware of it & stay clear. Thanks

Sci-Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz

Mz_Stake
    Participant

Hi,

I think you’ll find that this could be a hoax. Best to check it out first with pages run by Symantec, McAffee etc, or try:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/wtc.htm

There are loads of hoaxes about viruses going around the planet as we speak. Another common one is the sulfnbk.exe virus warning that has you delete a file in the Windows programme files.

Personally, if I get any emails with virus alerts, I tent to check with the above sites or the Microsoft site and see if they are listed as hoaxes first before hitting the delete button.

Mz_Stake.

Jhevz
    Participant
    Mz_Stake wrote:

Hi,

I think you’ll find that this could be a hoax. Best to check it out first with pages run by Symantec, McAffee etc, or try:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/wtc.htm

There are loads of hoaxes about viruses going around the planet as we speak. Another common one is the sulfnbk.exe virus warning that has you delete a file in the Windows programme files.

Personally, if I get any emails with virus alerts, I tent to check with the above sites or the Microsoft site and see if they are listed as hoaxes first before hitting the delete button.

Mz_Stake.

Mz_Stake,
    I’d 1st like to thank you for the info you gave me; I’ll make sure, from now on, to do the same; usually Norton will pick up these things & handle it. I’d also like to thank you for the web site; when I clicked on it & read it, I went to get my daddy so he could read it; it took some of the worries out of him since he got the message yesterday afternoon. I’ll also have to do the same the next time any one of us gets a message like that.
    2ndly, I’d like to welcome you to Sadgeezer’s forum pages & I hope you enjoy read the threads & posting; you’ll find good people here that will also welcome you with open arms. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks again for the web site & info, & have a great Summer.

Sci-Fi Fans Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.