Wednesday, I watched, `Eating Pattern’

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Wednesday, I watched, `Eating Pattern’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    Wednesday, I went into my room & watched `Eating Pattern’. Let’s just say, it was interesting; there were some good parts & some weird parts; it was different from any of the `Lexx’ episoes I’ve ever seen.
    This starts off with both Stan & Zev trying to get food when 790 calls hin beloved to tell her about this probe; both Stan & 790try & talk her out of it, then Stan wants to wake up Kai. Zev tries her best to stop him, when they both try & wake him up; when they couldn’t, the 2 of them try to find a planet to bury him at. When both Stan & Zev find a planet & bury him in a coffin, they head towards a building in a Moth; Stan & 790 tries to stop Zev from entering the cave, but she takes 790 with her & explores the cave anyway. After awhile, Stan starts looking for Zev when he runs into a filfy man & starts running; he encounters a woman that’s not exactly who she appears to be. Meanwhile, Kai’s innandated by worm-like creatures that don’t find him interesting & they die or go back underground.
    Meanwhile, Stan is kissed by this woman & suddenly goes insane & more goofy than usual; she takes him where her other kind is & asks if they’ve seen Zev. Meanwhile, Zev is tied up by 1 of these filfy men, who wants `pattern’ & he’s denied that. Stan & the others find out that the lady is Stan’s friend, so they lock her up & chop off the filfy man’s head. Stan then shows some of the group where his dead friend was, then takes them to the Lexx, where they take some of the Divine Predecessors & take them back to the cave. Meanwhile, Kai starts walking towards the building & enters the cave, looking for his friends that buried him; after Kai enters, he watches a video about the people. He then turns around & finds a pretty girl standing behind him; he asks her some questions, the kills her with his brace; afterwards he starts looking for his friends in the cave.
    Meanwhile, Stan & the group is back in the cave & the head of the group takes Zev & puts her high up on a peg board for termination & turn her into `pattern’; as Zev struggles, Kai knocks on the door; his head is taken & is placed on top of His Divine Predecessors. His body is brought in when he shoots his brace at them; they’re left to feed the queen when Kai releases Zev & tells her to take Stan back to the Lexx & does so with Stan protesting the whole way. Meanwhile, Kai jumps into where the queen is, finding these worm-like creatures & shoots his brcae at it; then it gets up & walks away. After Stan, Zev & 790 get back to the Lexx, Zev get punched by Stan when the Lexx feels something biting him. Zev goes into another chamber, when she’s followed by this wrom-like creature. Kai jumps on the belly of the Lexx & tries to use his brace getting rid of the creature when the creature blows him off & turns the Lexx around to blow up the planet, in return blowing herself up. Kai uses his brace to get back to the Lexx & gets a worm-like creature out of Stan’s neck; Zev puts the Divine Predecessors back where they were.
    As I said, this movie was interesting & has some weird parts in it; I really like the way Kai used his brace & Zev helped save Stan from uncertain doom. This is highly recommended for any hard-core Lexx fans, who’ve watched Lexx; I also recommend this movie to anyone just starting to get into the show.
    As soon as I can & are able to watch the 4th & final movie, I’ll let you know & write a post about it. The last movie’s called `Giga Shadow’.
    Take care & have a great May.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

Great post!

Very cool movie 8)

Hey Saddy, how come;
    Wist “Would you deny me a future?”
    Kai: “Oh yes.”
    isn’t up there in the Sci-Fi cool quotes? ๐Ÿ˜€

If I have one criticism for this film, it’s how it makes me feel when I think what Series 4 could’ve been. It was good none the less, but just imagine if Lyekka was back as normal, and Wist was really the baddy in the asteroid. No silly carrots, instead worms, and P..P…PATTERN!

Anywho, I still love this flick. R.H as always just plain scares the hell out of me. M.M does some of his best acting, and we see a few friends from K-Town as well as Vigo<sp?> from Mantrid.

Great review Jhevz

Flamegrape
    Participant

Eating Pattern was my favorite of the first series movies. Stan and Zev needed to eat what the Lexx provided. But Lexx needed to eat, so he lands on a planet to dine. Looking for food, Stan and Zev encounter weirdos who harvest people not for food for themselves but to distill pattern for their snake parasites. And they wind up consuming the Divine Predecessors who used to dine on millions of people on the Cluster. And then the snake parasites, in turn, feed the “queen”. And then the queen hatches and attempts to feed upon the Lexx. It’s a bizarre twisting celtic knot of an interrelated eating pattern. Cool!

lizard
    Participant

One of my fave scenes in this movie is when kai pulls the worm out of the back of Stan’s neck and says “This was attached to your brain”. The look of horror and disgust on Stan’s face is precious! Whist has to rank up there as my favorite predator.

Good point, that there are shades of S4 here, what with the giant woman at the end, and the nature of the predatorial alien.

mandara k
    Participant

Which, BTW, I don’t neccessarily agree with; a strong woman that must defend herself, and be on her own, should not be branded as a maneater, ball buster, and many times lesbo by men.

Guys, I’m not the one that thinks chasing women is a sport; ๐Ÿ˜ก point in case……. a swimsuit issue for Sports Illustrated. I rest my case.

As for being a maneater; now that would depend on the man, now wouldn’t it? ๐Ÿ˜‰

mandara k
    Participant

Could you imagine a fishing show with that theme?

“Today on Fly Fishing for Fly Girls we are on Daytona Beach and my, my, my the waters are stocked full of fish in every conceivable size and color. What are we using for bait today, Jerry?”

“Well, today Bubba, we have a BMW and a Porsche as well as a 75 ft. yacht. ”

“That sounds fine Jerry but what about your equipment; you know hook, lures, etc…”

“Got it covered my friend. I healed wonderfully from those pectoral implants and recapping my teeth. I placed a few chosen “sensitive” books around the boat and the car and a diploma that says I’m a Ph D. in Women’s Study with a Master’s in Tenderness right over the bed..”

“What kind of pole are you using?”

” Old Faithful never lets me down, my friend with a little enhancement in pill form and tube form thrown in; I don’t have any problem landing the toughest catch.”

“What happens if they don’t bite?”

” Ahh, we have emergency bait to use. Rob Thomas in speedos, for one.”

” Doesn’t he object to being used as bait for these man-eating predators? Isn’t it dangerous at times?”

” Well, Rob is a last resort you know, to get the good fish ya gotta use the good bait; but if you work her slowly keep her wet by applying liquid; don’t make any sudden moves, it makes for a good run; and you won’t get bitten.”

“Wise words indeed ,Jerry, shall we get going?”

” I’m ready. Tune in next time and we’ll be doing some deep pocket fishing for some delicious divas. So Long!”

๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.