What’s in a name?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub What’s in a name?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Not meaning to be rude, but I was just curious. Why that name? What I mean to ask is why did you pick the online name you did? For example, I chose this online moniker because I once saw in a book that some people once defined the saying, “Out of sight, out of mind” as “an invisible lunatic” There. My deep dark secret’s out. Now it’s your turn, heh, heh .

Anonymous

Well, the thing behind Khamilian is that I can’t decide on a good name thingy, so I use various spellings of Chameleon.
    Besides, in Attack of the Cybermen, the Doctor ‘repairs’ the Chameleon Circuit, the TARDIS turns into a cupboard-thingy (at a scrapyard which is very familiar) and then a church organ (at something like a railway, I was too busy laughing to really notice). Anyway, it was just so funny.
    I’ve been through the names Jessi, Smartass 2002, Jessi 15.. wait don’t run away… Chameleon, Kamelian and Khamilian.
    Then there’s the aliases on other boards… now they’re all various spellings of Chameleon. For reasons stated above, of course.
    Confusing, eh?

Anonymous

And here I was, thinking the Karmaleonne thingy was because you keep changing your name, hence ‘Kamilianne’ Geddit? Geddit?

Damn, I wish I had a social life.

Anonymous

And here I was, thinking the Karmaleonne thingy was because you keep changing your name, hence ‘Kamilianne’ Geddit? Geddit?

Yep!

quote:

Damn, I wish I had a social life.

You have a social life. It just happens that it involves around the SadBoard!

Anonymous

Well, my story’s pretty obvious… my dedication to Red Dwarf meant I had to refer to it, and it was Yvonne McGruder or me searching through the book to find the names of the women on board the Nova 5…….

I’m tempted to change it, but then people wouldn’t know it was me….

Flamegrape
    Participant

Flame Grape is the name of an obscure song by the Butthole Surfers.

Anonymous

Nirvanah Rimmer is also from Red Dwarf. I always felt like Arnie and Nirvanah should have been together forever, if only Red Dwarf could support 2 holograms……….oh well, smeg it, at least he gets his as Ace now

Anonymous

Will the real Lexxstone please stand up……HA!

A little private joke for those here that understand what I’m talking about!

For all the other good people here I bid you welcome!

My name came about because I could not register “Stone”. I was really into LEXX at the time and the name sounded good!

Stone

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Lexxstone:
    Will the real Lexxstone please stand up……HA!

A little private joke for those here that understand what I’m talking about!

For all the other good people here I bid you welcome!

My name came about because I could not register “Stone”. I was really into LEXX at the time and the name sounded good!

Stone

Inside jokes rule! By the way I don’t remember why I chose my name.

-SM

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.