What’s in store for 2007?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff What’s in store for 2007?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hishadow
    Participant

Topic says is all. ๐Ÿ™‚

As for me, I’m awaiting new episodes of Battlestar Galactica, Heroes and Doctor Who.

First, Battlestar Galactica. I hope this is their final season and that we’ll get a proper ending to this series. I see that there’s also plans for another series called Caprica that handles the event before where Battlestar Galactica start off.

Heroes, I’m abit skeptical about the second season. In my opinion they left no mystery open by the end of season one. You sort of know every dirty litte secret now. I like better to be kept in the dark. Atleast for a while longer ๐Ÿ˜‰

Then there’s Doctor Who. I never saw the previous seasons and just presumed is was some stupid British thing (not Python stupid). The first season I thought was extremely well done. I really liked Christopher Eccleston and Billy Piper in the roles. It’s a shame that they didn’t want to continue a couple of seasons extra, but I completely understand that they don’t want to be typecasted forever. David Tennant, I think, didn’t manage to keep the same standard as Eccleston establied with his acting. I think Eccleston was a bit of a coward, bailing out after just one season (he also managed to get himself shot after a couple of episodes in Cracker also). Oh, and then there’s the spinoff called Torchwood. I’ve watched some episodes, but it just wasn’t interesting enough to compel me to keep watching it.

What’s else is in store for next year?

V: The Second Generation[/url]. A new mini-series that may turn up in the end of 2007. Keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

This is all that I’ve been able to pick up on my rader (besides Inland Empire ;)). I’d love to hear from the rest of you about your sighting’s for the next year.

YOWAYYO
    Participant

I’m looking forward to BSG, the final episodes of SG-1 and SG- Atlantis in ’07. I haven’t kept my ear to the ground so I don’t know what’s coming up this year as far as new quality shows go.

Hopefully Sci-Fi will come up with something good, but I won’t hold my breath. Eureka? I couldn’t get into it for some reason…it’s just not my thing. Ghost Hunters? Another installment of Who Wants to be a Superhero? Puhleez. It’s hard for me to believe some executive actually said, “Hey, that’s a great idea!” to those concepts. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ What a waste of money and air-time.

My spouse and I also lost interest in Dr. Who after Eccleston left the show. He made a good, somewhat aloof, time traveler.

I forgot about the new V series. I’ll definately check that out. I enjoyed the original, but it’s been so long I don’t recall how it ended. I thought the humans beat the bad guys with the red dust and that was the end? I guess not. I’m sure Skiffy will air the original series sometime in ’07 as a prelude.

bonnee
    Participant

I’ve nothing to add other than Heroes is yet to complete its first season – we’re only halfway through so far. Like you, though, I’m not sure what else there is to say or do beyond this point – other than watch the pieces come together in progressively less interesting ways.

Heroes, for me, remains style over substance and doesn’t even begin to compare to (say) the genius of The Wire (not sci fi). Despite being very vocal about it from the outset, I readily concede that the real interest is in the way the story is told. I just hope that the writers have a few stylistic tricks up their sleeves, and that Hiro’s encounter with the dinosaur isn’t a let down.

I’ll continue to watch BG with interest whilst Doctor Who can kiss my ass.

Anonymous

Heroes for me too. Gave up on Dr Who and even BSG is wearing thin.

Strangely, I think (despite the viewing figures) that I’m probably the only one at SadGeezer.com who actually likes Eureka! Season 2 is apparently due out in Summer 2007 (highest rated new sci fi show for sci fi channel during 2006).

lexxrobotech
    Participant

I’m looking forward to Indy 4. Ford, Spielerg & Lucas. Could be good, or a big pile of pooh. Either way I am keen to see it, although it may only be out in 2008.

Fantastic 4 number 2 should be good.

I want to be surprised by something awesome and unexpected on the sci-fi circuit.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

Okay, okay! I finally watched Eureka, the weird plant episode where everyone isn’t themselves. Now despite a little confusion due to the fact I’d never seen it before and wasn’t quite clear on how the personalities were different than usual, I quite enjoyed it and didn’t find my itchy flipper finger moving on to (hopefully) greener pastures. Whoo! That last sentence left me out of breath!

Anyhoo, I will endeavor to watch the darn thing at it’s regularly scheduled time in order to catch up. Cheer up Saddy! You may not be alone. Of course, as normally happens, if I like it, it will be cancelled or degenrate into crap. So, you may not want me to tune in after all. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.