Where is everybody?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Can someone tell me the best time to chat on the scifi chat area? I’ve visited several times, and it’s always been empty. Are some times busier than others, or are you all just avoiding me?
    Lonely Halley

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Halley:
    Can someone tell me the best time to chat on the scifi chat area? I’ve visited several times, and it’s always been empty. Are some times busier than others, or are you all just avoiding me?
    Lonely Halley

Heya Halley!

The chat area is rarely used. It’s been used a number of times after the US airings of LEXX, but the chats there are moving this week. The best thing is to keep your eyes open and see if someone schedules a chat there in one of the threads on this board.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Halley:
    Lonely Halley

sorry halley, check lexx episodes for new chat room details, if you are up and want to join us we will be there at 11pm est…hope to see you…fx

Anonymous

just making sure…

american eastern time?

p.s. what’s flood control, and why?

——————
    spooooon

dead thing pie!

Much Madness is divinest Sense-
    To a discerning Eye-
    Much Sense-the starkest Madness-
    ‘Tis the Majority
    In this, as All, prevail-
    Assent-and you are sane-
    Demur-you’re straightaway dangerous-
    And handled with a Chain-

– Emily Dickinson

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by brainplague:
    just making sure…

american eastern time?

yup, est=eastern standard time/united states east coast

ahh, you got that message too , saw it when the board was all wobbly a couple of days ago…maybe has to do with service times when limited traffic is necessary to allow maintenance on server? not really sure, lemme know when and how it happens again

Anonymous

I had just finished posting in another thread, I came to this one, tried to post my time question, and I got that message, to wait 150 seconds before posting again. I’m like um, okay? I thought maybe it was to stop people from accidentally posting twice, a horrible disease, I, especially, am not immune to.

——————
    spooooon

dead thing pie!

Much Madness is divinest Sense-
    To a discerning Eye-
    Much Sense-the starkest Madness-
    ‘Tis the Majority
    In this, as All, prevail-
    Assent-and you are sane-
    Demur-you’re straightaway dangerous-
    And handled with a Chain-
    – Emily Dickinson

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by brainplague:

I think it’s to prevent people from flooding the board by setting something up to re-post the same item over and over again. The board is set up to only accept posts from one user every 150 seconds so that the time it would take to actually flood the board would prohibit people from doing so.

I think.

–Aleck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.