Why don’t they drop the facade?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mandara k
    Participant

Look sci-fi wants the money and malleable minds of youth, the youth want to see sex and violence why do the makers of this show use all the pretense that it’s not for kids and then sci-fi crows that their 18-whatever group makes them No. 1.

We all know teenagers want to do adult things without the responsibiltiy and the possibly the capacity to understand what it all means.

Who are they kidding? If it was truly the best TV it would be across the board, all age groups.

Like i said if you’ve seen a lot of movies and TV then you would see why ratings are slumping and it’s not just because it’s vacation time.

It’s sluggish because the shows are sluggish, we’ve seen this before, it’s not offering new. I mean the first season was novel because look, nuclear explosion, don’t see much of that, robots chasing humans but these are human, not much of that. Hell, we don’t see a lot of sci-fi period. So i should come out of the block saying this is the best sci-fi because there is nothing to compare it to right now? No, i won’t. Because of it’s gritty realism? You call ripping other movies gritty realism, I call it plagarizing and unoriginal.

Youngsters love it, but I’ve been around, I’ve seen lots of movies, all i ask as an elder of the sci-fi realm is to please be original, I can take a modicum of “what has gone before” but not too much.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.